Profile for Kindler > Reviews

Sarah Thornhill
Sarah Thornhill
Price: 4.63

5.0 out of 5 stars A Compelling Read, 13 Oct 2012
This review is from: Sarah Thornhill (Kindle Edition)
Another great novel by Kate Grenville. Her use of language is extraordinary she never uses two words when one is sufficient. I felt that I was living with the family and could hardly wait to see how the story ended. Brilliant

The White Lie
The White Lie
Price: 4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read, 19 Aug 2012
This review is from: The White Lie (Kindle Edition)
'A Must Read' says it all. If you appreciate a well-written book which will hold your interest to the last page then the White Lie is for you.

To the Grave: A Genealogical Crime Mystery #2 (Jefferson Tayte)
To the Grave: A Genealogical Crime Mystery #2 (Jefferson Tayte)

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Read, 31 July 2012
I read In the Blood, the first book by Steve Robinson, and gave it five stars but I'm afraid that this one only deserved four stars. In many ways I found it predictable and in others slightly unbelievable. i.e. Mary's reaction to Danny. Would she really have reacted so drastically? Nevertheless it is a good read and I recommend it especially to anyone who is interested in family history.

The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 July 2012
A great read. This was an uplifting story that stayed with me long after I'd finished reading it. I can't recommend it more highly. It engaged me from the first to the last page. I just couldn't put it down and finished it in the early hours of the morning! I wish I could give it ten stars.

A Death in Summer: Quirke Mysteries Book 4 (Quirke 4)
A Death in Summer: Quirke Mysteries Book 4 (Quirke 4)
Price: 3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 3 July 2012
This is the fourth book in the series of Benjamin Black's that I've read and have thoroughly enjoyed them all.
They are so well written and the characters of Dr Quirke and Hackett are so totally believable in 1950's Dublin. A Death in Summer draws together some of the characters from previous books and it's like meeting 'old friends' although all four books do stand on their own. I can't praise the series enough and highly recommend any of the books to those who appreciate well written prose and a good solid storyline.

The Book of Summers
The Book of Summers
Price: 5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent debut novel, 28 Jun 2012
I was drawn into this story right from the beginning and found it difficult to put down. It is a journey of memory and relationships - mother and daughter, father and daughter with much of the storyline taking place in Hungary. Then there is a twist at the end which I must say took me by surprise. Highly recommended.

Dancing with the Ferryman
Dancing with the Ferryman
Price: 1.53

4.0 out of 5 stars A quick read, 12 Jun 2012
Got this book for free. I wasn't sure whether it was my kind of book but I was sucked into the story and really enjoyed it. It's a bit predictable but well written. I would describe it as a light read. A good advertisement for the Shetlands!

The Lewis Man: Book Two of the Lewis Trilogy
The Lewis Man: Book Two of the Lewis Trilogy
Price: 3.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the wait, 10 Jun 2012
I really enjoyed the Blackhouse and seemed to wait a long time for Lewis Man but it was well worth the wait. Peter May is an excellent writer and really draws you into the story. The characters in this book are totally believable. It is sensitively written with murder, mystery, family secrets - they're all in there! Highly recommended to anyone who likes to escape into a 'good book'.

The Thread
The Thread
Price: 3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read, 12 May 2012
This review is from: The Thread (Kindle Edition)
This is a must read for fans of Victoria Hislop. It's a potted history of twentieth century Greece and the affect these events have on the various characters in the book. Sounds simple but it is well written and you are drawn into the lives of these families and begin to care what happens to them. Highly recommended.

The Midwife's Confession
The Midwife's Confession
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A Page Turner, 5 May 2012
I really enjoyed this book. It really is a page turner. It's a story of relationships and deceit. How well do we really know those we call our 'best' friends? I recommend this to anyone who enjoys a book with twists and turns right up to the last few pages. Well done Diane Chamberlain

Page: 1 | 2 | 3