Profile for D. A. Seargeant > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Minecraft (PS4)
Minecraft (PS4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent fun!, 20 Oct 2014
This review is from: Minecraft (PS4) (Video Game)
Excellent game, I have it on xbox 360, iPod and now PS4 - Yes last night I added the Vita to this list, but have not had enough play time to give a review yet.

In terms of graphics and play - it is classic minecraft on all formats.

When you consider the world size to the other version I have played it is massive...

The world is your oyster, build what you want - when you find what you want... Enjoy, its great, it fun, it infinite - its minecraft.

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
by Frank Miller
Edition: Library Binding

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning Miller Vision., 13 Oct 2014
I have never read a comic book - in the classic sense - in my first 44 years of life. Well unless you count Viz and the Beano as a child - but an adult story telling comic book - never.

I bought this as it is regularly linked to the Nolan Dark Knight trilogy - and that is a series of films I truly did enjoy and understand.

Well I have managed to get through this once, and I am on my second read through. It is stunning, the story is amazing and the dark chilling mood of Gotham is intriguing to say the least. I can now truly see some of Nolan's script lines in here, just not where you expect them to be..

This in my humblest of opinion is well worth the read - regardless of your age, and well worth a second read if your a Batman fan. Excellent, stunning - amazing... I love literature, but comics - this is new to me and a new way of telling a story..

Monster Energy Claw Stickers For Cars Boot/Bonnet/Doors/Furnitures/Laptops ECT SIZE: 12.80CM * 10.5CM MATERIAL: PVC COLOU: Green/ BLACK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent addition to the wives car - at least keeps ..., 21 Sep 2014
Excellent addition to the wives car - at least keeps her quiet as it was what she had wanted for years.

The Last of Us Remastered (PS4)
The Last of Us Remastered (PS4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Game, 21 Sep 2014
As I was an Xbox 360 owner in the last generation I never had the pleasure of playing this game. So for me playing this on my PS4 was a totally new experience, and what an experience. I am now on my second play through, and must say that the game still feels fresh, even when you know what is coming.

The story is as games go very resident evil(ish) with your local community becoming the walking dead, or walking, shuffling and clicking dead - it is just without the t-virus in name. Both combat and sneaking are fun, as are your weapons choices - ammo is not over the top, and you do have to think on the first play through about when to use some of your items, on the second play through, knowing what is coming helps a little with the planning. Also on the second play through you can upgrade some of your weapons to the levels that you will not reach on your first visit.

In my nigh on 40 years of gaming (yes I started as a kid on a black and white binotone thing) this is possibly one of the best gaming moments out there. Well worth a look. I know when I get through the second run through on normal, I will go back and play a third time on the higher settings - as I reckon one of the two harder settings will be interesting in how you deal with each section of the game.

Excellent, worth the money - which I don't say often about some games.

Orange Afro wig
Orange Afro wig
Offered by Online Joke Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Wig Wednesday, 15 Jun 2014
Bought this for wig wednesday at work, did the job, and everyone thought I had a ginger fro... what more could I ask.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PlayStation Vita)
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PlayStation Vita)

5.0 out of 5 stars Well done Konami, 15 Jun 2014
This is one of those feats that always sets a new benchmark - back in the day I recall the PS2 version of Metal Gear Solid 2.. and back then it was a stunning new achievement for computer games. Metal Gear Solid 3 game later and set the benchmark a shade higher.

So when they announced it was coming to Vita, I bought it preordered it, more to see if all those years of 360 use had changed my perception of these classic PS2 games. Thankfully I was not disappointed, they are truly superb conversions, and shows just how good these games where back in the day - they have just about stood the test of time.

I even went on to download Metal Gear Solid the PS1 game after playing both of these, and that is also excellent, although only available direct from PSN.

Anyway, if your new to Metal Gear and own a vita then buy this package its worth it. If like me you want to reminisce on the past, then buy it anyway.

Sun-Sniper Ball Bearing Camera Screw
Sun-Sniper Ball Bearing Camera Screw

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine, but needs a DIY strap repair., 2 Jun 2014
Okay I bought this to fix earlier purchase of the strap that could't take the weight of my camera. So this fixed the problem - hooray!.
However to replace the current item on my strap, I needed to cut the lock tab of the end of my strap. After swapping the metal screw head and replacing the strap properly, I had to get my beloved to sew the new plastic tab on the strap end to make it secure.
Once on my strap this is a five star product, and does the job well. Its also a neat idea and takes the strain off your neck, which was why I bought it.

SNIPER-STRAP STEEL Camera Strap Black
SNIPER-STRAP STEEL Camera Strap Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmmm Good Idea But!, 2 Jun 2014
I bought this after reading and researching for some time. The concept is excellent. The design and materials used seem sturdy and solid enough.
However the box has a bloomin great sticker on it that says Maximum Camera Weight 1.5kg - this isn't mentioned in the blurb, either on Amazon, or on the SunSniper website - oh and don't bother writing to SunSniper either, as they will only fob you off to whom ever you bought the item.
I opened this, quickly looked at the box cover, popped my heaviest lens on to my D300s and it weighed in at a fraction over 3kg... so this is pretty useless for my rig then.
However I did some more research based on this issue, and found that you can buy a Ball Bearing Camera Screw that will carry 5kg of kit. This does come at an additional fee - but if you buy that bit of kit - then do the home made repair work to your strap - Thank you to Mrs S for sewing a new tab on to the end of the strap after replacing the bearing.
Anyway with the replacement bearing kit, yes it does exactly what you want it to do, and its good.
Before buying this my advice is weigh your heaviest camera+lens option, and then purchase. If you are under 1.5kg, then I would bump this to a 4.5 star experience. As out of the box you can use it for what you want.

Borderlands 2 (Playstation Vita)
Borderlands 2 (Playstation Vita)

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 2 Jun 2014
Saw the announcement - did a double head turn, how can they actually achieve that on my little Vita... certainly after playing the Xbox version for sometime and loved it.
Saw the early reviews - and thought oh dear! what has happened, have they sawed the best bits off and left the cream as sawdust on the mill floor.
Bought the bloomin thing on day one, WOW!
How on earth did they achieve this, its the complete experience - yes there is some trade offs, frame rate can stutter no hiding that one, there is less enemies. But given the screen size and accuracy see the point of that.
This is stunning though, it is a full console experience scaled down to Vita - amazing. I am four or five hours in now and getting on fine with it, and enjoying the experience. If you own a vita, you must own this.
Now Rockstar - take note - convert San Andreas from the iPad/Ipod and give us a decent sized GTA game for the Vita, and stop beggaring us all around - or better still, Red Dead on Vita... Come on do it!

A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 4)
A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent so far!, 16 April 2014
My second book bought on Kindle, and it is excellent - in book form the others are huge in size and take up a lot of space, however Kindle wise its excellent.
In terms of the book itself, it continues the story, filling in some of the gaps in the other characters stories. It is well written, well thought out and excellent, just hope I am still ahead of the tv series.

Update - May 2014

This is far better than I was expecting, many give it poor reviews based on it now moving the story massively forward, and the reality it adds in new characters and deals with other parts of the over arching story. My personal view, all of what I read seems relevant to the development of the story and characters. I enjoyed it and could not put it down while reading.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3