Profile for Annie > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Orchids and Dragonflies
Orchids and Dragonflies

5.0 out of 5 stars Love France - Read this!, 22 Mar. 2014
I super read. Certainly makes you think. I loved the character of Ruth. What she had to put up with from the "witch or botch" of a daughter ...and the old boot of a mother in law. Great read ..chick lit too. Saying no more just that I loved it.

I See London I See France
I See London I See France

5.0 out of 5 stars a SUPER read!!, 11 Feb. 2014
I See London I See FranceI can totally relate to Caroline. Husband has had enough , so you do the best you can to make your life the best you can, only you drift back to your past. To do this you have to say "I have had enough too" and flee!!! and as you travel you think that what you had before is what you want now . Caroline also had to think of her children that she had taken off on and adventure too. Travels , men and deep thinking !! This book took me on an adventure too, and to places that I could relate too. It gave me "food for thought". Thank you Paulita for an amazing read.

I was so lucky to receive a signed copy of the book from Paulita .. huge Thank you,

A House in the Sunflowers (The Sunflowers Trilogy Series Book 1)
A House in the Sunflowers (The Sunflowers Trilogy Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars I was transported, 2 Feb. 2014
This book transported right back to Cahors. I went to stay in a village not far from here , for 10 days, just across the road from the Lot ,, there was one sentence that took me back " he caught the train from Cahors to Paris" exactly like me . I loved this book as it was not just about moving and doing a house up. It involved the villagers past and present , and how they all interacted, especially around the table . A very good read.

Honeymoon in Paris (A Paris Romance)
Honeymoon in Paris (A Paris Romance)

5.0 out of 5 stars Had me hooked!!, 27 Jan. 2014
I adore Paris and was so happy to win a giveaway. There is adventure, intrigue and of course Romance. I love the three friend and how they came together. Who could not love Luc and Charlotte? This book had be hooked from the beginning to end!!! Thank you.

Moon Living Abroad in France
Moon Living Abroad in France
by Aurelio D'Andrea

5.0 out of 5 stars Living abroad in France, 3 Aug. 2013
Even though this book is based on Americans moving to France , I found it a brilliant read. Every little detail has been thought of. If moving with a pet , it is in there too . And not just Paris but other areas of France. Also what I loved was the stories of people that have moved there . I was lucky to have not only been given the book as a gift but to meet the author too ,, Well done.

THE SUMMER OF FRANCE
THE SUMMER OF FRANCE

5.0 out of 5 stars Twisty Delight., 4 Mar. 2013
What can I say?? I was hooked from the line when ..."Fia got the phone call" .. When she THOUGHT that Uncle said him and Aunty were going to break up .. NO they needed a break .. can you come and run our B and B in France? ... I LOVED Fia's character .. how she knew she had to do it , make her husband see it was a good idea to leave US and move to France .. I am saying nothing else .... read it for yourself ... It is a fab book ... full of amazing twists ...!!!

I was with her every step of the way ..in fact , I actually felt like I was her .. :-)

Amalfi Blue: lost & found in the south of Italy
Amalfi Blue: lost & found in the south of Italy
by Lisa Fantino

5.0 out of 5 stars Ciao Amalfi, 26 Jan. 2013
If you love Italy and love reading , then this is the book for you. Lisa's has written it , so that you
can actually feel it through her words. Italy, Love and Lust , it is all there..

Can you imagine being up a mountain , not dressed appropriately , too cold , I know exactly what Lisa
is talking about, been there, when we went to visit Mount Etna in Sicily, it reminded me so much a trip
hubby and i went on.

I have never met Lisa, but I can just imagine her , as she takes bus trips, boat trips and driving around
up the windy roads... YOU just have to read it :-)

This Time Next Year
This Time Next Year

5.0 out of 5 stars This Time Next Year, 20 Jun. 2012
A book that you just can't book down.. throughly entertaining , a book women can relate too,
it had me in stitches. I love the way the book has been written. Well done Liz, when is
the next one out??

The Secret Ingredient
The Secret Ingredient
by Sally Bee

5.0 out of 5 stars Sally Bee's cookbook, 15 July 2010
This review is from: The Secret Ingredient (Paperback)
I have had this book a few months now, and we really love the recipes. Simple and tasty. Even if you haven't got heart problems, I would recommend this book for healthy living. My son saw this book and thought how good it was.. so purchased another one.

Petite Anglaise: In Paris, In Love, In Trouble
Petite Anglaise: In Paris, In Love, In Trouble
by Catherine Sanderson

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Petite Anglais, 21 Mar. 2008
Well I have read the book, and found it rather fasinating. I am a great follower of the Petite Anglais blog. I felt as though I really knew these people. Now without giving much away, wouldn;t like to spoil it for others, who are about to read it, or trying not to upset Catherine, I really felt for Mr Frog. I understand Catherines emotions and what she was going through at the time, can understand why they did split up. I think they both just lost their way and their path became divided. She couldn;t understand why he didn;t see or feel their problems, or maybe he did and just couldn;t or didn;t want to talk about what was troubling him. So when she did meet the next man (James) who gave her all his attention and made her feel like a woman again, she fell for him in a big way. Personally I don;t think she did love him, maybe I am wrong, I think she loved the attention, making her feel good, the excitement of going away with him, all the things that go with a love affair. All the feelings that had been lost with Mr Frog.

Page: 1 | 2