Profile for R.W. Peake > Reviews

Calix Imperium, Roma Victrix Pewter wine beaker
Offered by CALIX IMPERIUM
Price: 80.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A Calix Worthy of Caesar!, 25 Dec 2012
I'm not normally one for this type of memorabilia, but when I saw this I had to add it to an admittedly minuscule collection. And this will take the place of honor! The workmanship is outstanding, and while I am certainly no expert on pieces of this type, it has a substantial feel to it; when I pick it up there's nothing flimsy about it and one can feel and see the craftsmanship that went into it.

The engraved figures are extraordinarily detailed, and while the Imperial period isn't the era covered in my books, it is nevertheless one with which I'm very familiar, and I appreciate the authenticity of the figures represented on the Calix.

An additional very nice touch is the profile of the Emperor Vespasian (at least that's who I think it is!) looking down on the action below.

All in all I couldn't be happier with the Calix and what it represents. Truly Rome is eternal if even now people around the world are still interested in the Legions, and this Calix is a worthy representative of that time and place!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 27, 2012 8:48 AM GMT