Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Amazon Customer

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared

5.0 out of 5 stars Tell all your friends, 6 Feb. 2013
Tell all your friends - that's what I've done. This is the best book I've read in a year. I felt I was in the story with all of the characters. Crazy - improbable - unexpected and full of fun and life. I'm not going to say anything about the plot - you wouldn't believe it anyway! Just start reading and go with the flow.

The London Blitz Murders (Disaster Series)
The London Blitz Murders (Disaster Series)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disaster, 27 Jan. 2013
Most American authors when setting a story in England, peopled with English characters have the courtesy to get the details right. Within the first few pages I encountered several sidewalks, the police detective wore a snapbrim which later turned into a snapbrim fedora (neither of which are appropriate) and the victim's purse (handbag) was missing. The American spellings too proved annoying. This language laziness eventually distracted from the storyline and I started to notice historical accuracies. e.g the News of the World in wartime was not a tabloid in any sense of the word. The story itself moves at a fast pace but with no real depth, and all of the factual details about the real people and places of the period(Agatha Christie, Bernard Spilsbury, the Windmill...) began to take over from the fiction. I started the book this morning. Can I be bothered to finish it?
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 29, 2014 11:51 AM BST

Perfect People
Perfect People

5.0 out of 5 stars be careful what you wish for, 4 July 2012
This review is from: Perfect People (Kindle Edition)
I'm a Peter James fan but this is SO different from his usual writing. I enjoyed trying to guess what was really going on and it was satisfying NOT to be right all of the time. I have to say the parents were rather slow in grasping what was going on but then would any of us think the impossible when it comes to our children?
It was also quite scary in that there was a glimpse of what may lie in the future. It's certainly a book I will re-read and recommend to friends.