Profile for L. J. Cooper > Reviews

Lighthouse Postcard album with 50 clear pockets, blue
Lighthouse Postcard album with 50 clear pockets, blue
Offered by Sampoma

5.0 out of 5 stars Lighthouse Postcard Album, 22 April 2014
Well made, with a faux leather look. Would look good on a bookcase. The plastic slip-ins have no space for writing, which was what I wanted...it's clear anyway from the illustrations. A bit pricey, but better quality than other albums I've looked at. I'd happily buy another.

Fujifilm RC-S2 compatible remote control for Fujifilm FinePix S2000HD
Fujifilm RC-S2 compatible remote control for Fujifilm FinePix S2000HD
Offered by PowerPlanet UK - typ. 5-7 working days

4.0 out of 5 stars Fujifilm RC-S2 compatible remote control for Fujifilm FinePix S2000HD, 21 Mar. 2014
I'm surprised this wasn't supplied with the camera when I bought it (a few years ago). I wanted to use it for animation and needed the remote to avoid slight movement caused by pressing the shutter button. This works perfectly...and was very cheap. Excellent.

Mucha Postcards (Dover Postcards)
Mucha Postcards (Dover Postcards)
by Dover Publications Inc

4.0 out of 5 stars MUCHA postcards-Dover, 21 Mar. 2014
A good selection of quality images...they are gummed at the top (no perforations) and are easily detached. Slightly thinner than some cards I've bought (the National gallery's art postcards are more robust). Not a problem for me, I shan't be posting them, instead I'll place them in a album and created my own miniature art gallery. Each card has brief details of the artwork (on the back). I'm pleased with them, and will buy more. Although I chose free delivery, they arrived remarkably quickly.

Rackham (Dover Postcards)
Rackham (Dover Postcards)
by Dover Publications Inc

4.0 out of 5 stars Rackham postcards(Dover Publications), 21 Mar. 2014

The Impressionists [DVD]
The Impressionists [DVD]
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Impressionists DVD by Waldemar Januszczak, 21 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Impressionists [DVD] (DVD)
I found this DVD absorbing and full of facts I didn't know...even though I'm a great admirer of the impressionists. Whether you enjoy it will depend on your view of the presenter, Waldemar Januszczak. I watch all the art shows on TV and think he's the best. Clearly other reviewers don't share that view. The one thing I didn't like was a jokey intro sequence involving singers...dire. That said, I thoroughly enjoyed this DVD and Waldemar's off-beat style.

Liberon 250g Steel Wool, Grade 00
Liberon 250g Steel Wool, Grade 00
Offered by Dealsdirect247

4.0 out of 5 stars liberon steel wool 0000 250 g, 10 Sept. 2013
Worked very well in preparing my kitchen worktops for re-finishing. Plenty left over for other jobs. I'd recommend this product.

Liberon Finishing Oil 500ml
Liberon Finishing Oil 500ml
Offered by Fixings Warehouse

4.0 out of 5 stars Liberon finishing oil, 10 Sept. 2013
I gave my worktops three coats, and it produced a fine sheen, also bringing out the colour of the wood. Seems good so far, resisting water and has prevented marks.

Liberon WPR250 250ml Wax and Polish Remover
Liberon WPR250 250ml Wax and Polish Remover

4.0 out of 5 stars Liberon WPR250 wax and polish remover., 10 Sept. 2013
Did the job required, I used it with 0000 grade liberon steel wool, it produced a good surface to be refinished.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Canon PG-540/CL-541-print cartridge., 13 May 2013
It's ink...what can I say? It was delivered promptly...all downhill after that. Too expensive, lasts no time at all if you're printing images. I feel the same way about printer ink as I do about GAS, ELECTRICITY and FUEL, although it's not so essential. But if you want it you have to pay over the odds for it. Supplying ink is the printer manufacturers gravy-train.

The Jeunet & Caro Collection [DVD]
The Jeunet & Caro Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dominique Pinon

3.0 out of 5 stars Delicatessen/City of Lost Children/Bunker of the last gunshots., 13 May 2013
I'm a big fan of Jean-Pierre Jeunet's films. He has my eternal gratitude for AMELIE, MICMACS, and THE VERY LONG ENGAGEMENT. I could hardly resist buying this DVD. With my expectations so high I was almost sure to be disappointed...and I was...slightly. Delicatessen has all the hallmarks and oddities of the films mentioned above, it didn't quite hit the bulls-eye for me, but was still very enjoyable. Much the same goes for City of Lost Children. They needn't have bothered with Bunker of the last gunshots. So...not quite the gem I was hoping for, but still pretty good.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4