Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Prime Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for Ruth > Reviews

Content by Ruth

Ruth

Page: 1 | 2
Goodbye Mog
Goodbye Mog
by Judith Kerr

5.0 out of 5 stars Goodbye Mog, 2 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Goodbye Mog (Paperback)
When I thought that our aged and much loved cat was on her last paws, I bought this book to help my grandchildren with our grief.However,the cat is still with us and well again! But my grandchildren have enjoyed this tender and lovely book and it has proved to be a helpful way of talking about death.

Grumpy Little Girls - The Wobbly Sleepover
Grumpy Little Girls - The Wobbly Sleepover
by Lindsay Camp

5.0 out of 5 stars grumpy little girls, 2 Oct. 2014
This has proved to be a very popular book with my three young granddaughters, aged 7 and 6 years old - it resonates with their own experiences and both story and illustrations are delightfully witty.I thoroughly recommend it!

Paul Henry (Lives of Irish Painters)
Paul Henry (Lives of Irish Painters)
by S. B. Kennedy

5.0 out of 5 stars Paul Henry, 22 Nov. 2013
This book is just what I wanted - a compact and readable little book , easily portable, but with interesting information about the artist and a fine selection of his pictures.

Music of Silence: A Sacred Journey Through the Hours of the Day
Music of Silence: A Sacred Journey Through the Hours of the Day
by Brother David Steindl-Rast

5.0 out of 5 stars Music of Silence, 22 Nov. 2013
This is a helpful book which reflects the monastic hours of the day in a contemplative way.There is a section for each hour, so that the book can be put down and picked up again later.Brother David writes in a very readable way, with sound good sense for daily life, and his book would be a good companion on a retreat. I found it chimed in so well with our church practices [we observe a monastic day on one Saturday each month] that I gave it to a friend for her birthday and she was very pleased.I enjoyed this book so much, that I would like to read others by Brother David.

Sister Wendy's Story of Painting: The Essential Guide to the History of Western Art
by Sister Wendy Beckett

5.0 out of 5 stars sister Wendy's Story of Painting, 16 Oct. 2013
Sister Wendy explains the pictures in a clear and understandable way, which is ideal for a novice like me who would like to know more about art through the ages.It is also a very useful reference book to consult when I read elsewhere about an artist about whom I know very little.

Winter Tales
Winter Tales
by George Mackay Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Winter tales, 1 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Winter Tales (Paperback)
This is a beautifully written, poetic book of short stories, about life through the ages as experienced by a broad spectrum of characters who live in the Orkney islands or come into cntact with them.I feel as though I am transported there whilst reading them - the scenery, scents, the sea, the people are all so vividly portrayed.It has made me want to visit Orkney.Anyone who enjoys poetry and the sea and islands will love this book.

Befriending the Stranger: 8
Befriending the Stranger: 8
by Jean Vanier

5.0 out of 5 stars Befriending the stranger, 7 Jun. 2013
Jean Vanier always writes from the heart and in this book he expresses so well what Jesus taught about loving all those whom we meet in our daily life.He highlights the importance of loving and helping those who are rejected by society,of being non-judgemental,and respecting others.It is an inspiring read and i found it very helpful

Prayers for People under Pressure
Prayers for People under Pressure
by Jonathan Aitken

3.0 out of 5 stars prayers for people under pressure, 7 Jun. 2013
This is an ideal book for traditional Christians.As I am not,it was not for me, and I have passed it on.

Kitchen Craft Stainless Steel Round Strainer / Sieve, 18cm
Kitchen Craft Stainless Steel Round Strainer / Sieve, 18cm

5.0 out of 5 stars sieve, 31 Mar. 2013
This is sturdy and strong. It is fit for purpose, and is a good buy for the cook who frequently needs to sieve flour.

Pet Rebellion Dinner Mate, 30 x 40 cm, Black
Pet Rebellion Dinner Mate, 30 x 40 cm, Black

4.0 out of 5 stars pet dinner mat, 31 Mar. 2013
this is an absorbent mat - but our cat is a messy eater and is not so easy to clean!

Page: 1 | 2