Profile for Bex14 > Reviews

Content by Bex14

Bex14

Orzly - Blue Multi-Function Wallet Case Cover Pouch with In-Built Stand Function and Magnitic Sleep Sensors, for Motorola MOTO-G
Offered by OGADGETHUB

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my new phone, 6 May 2014
I love my new MotoG but it is slippery. This case made it easier to hold on to as it is quite large for my hand. Would be better if case was supplied with screen protectors. Case arrived promptly and securely packaged . I like the fact that you can stand the phone up which I do when following recipes , watching catch-up TV or skyping. The little pockets for credit cards are useful and the large pocket is good for notes or whatever. The case was a bit stiff to start and the flap kept poking me in the eye when I talked on the phone but it has softened up in a few weeks. Would be nice to have a choice of designs or patterns rather than just plain. it has got a mark on it which i can't remove and it is already scuffed on the edges after 2 months but the price was quite low and the stitching seems pretty strong so i don't mind if its a bit tatty as long as it doesn't actually fall apart.

Premier Housewares OvenLove Ramekins - Set of 2 - Orange
Premier Housewares OvenLove Ramekins - Set of 2 - Orange
Price: 4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Really beautiful, 6 May 2014
Bought as a surprise gift for my daughter who is a student. She has recently begun watching Little Paris Kitchen and wanted to make 'Oeufs En Cocotte'. These are such a good price and make any thing look really delicious. Ovenproof and just the right size for Oeufs En Cocotte. She is delighted. Arrived promptly and well-packaged. Durable and dishwasher safe.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pressie for BC fan, 9 Jan 2014
Our daughter (age 16) is a big BC fan and we got this as a stocking filler. It is very large and has the same image each side. She seemed pretty happy with it. Arrived on time. Item was well- packaged, much like Mr Cumberbatch himself. Although obviously mass-produced the image is clear. Colours are a bit pale but so is Benedict. Key ring bit (as if that matters) is quite sturdy and seems well-attached to the fob.

Roman Women's Floral Printed Cardigan Red Size 16
Roman Women's Floral Printed Cardigan Red Size 16
Offered by Roman Originals

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Gorgeous, 9 Jan 2014
I bought this in the sale as my Christmas jumper and wore it to every party because i love it so much. I had so many compliments . I am a Size 14-16 but have quite broad shoulders and big upper arms. I ordered a Size 16 and it fits snugly but not too tight with a cotton polo neck underneath. It is quite warm . The sleeves are long - I have long arms and they still come beyond my wrists which is great as most sleeves are too short for me. It arrived in time and beautifully packaged. i only wore it for a short time to special events then hung it up straight away and it still looks like new. Haven't washed it yet. This is my first Roman Originals purchase but i am now a convert !

Smiffy's 60's Beehive Wig (Auburn)
Smiffy's 60's Beehive Wig (Auburn)
Price: 8.87

4.0 out of 5 stars Really completed 1960s outfit, 9 Jan 2014
My daughter was in a production of Hairspray set in 1962. I decided to dress up in 1960s clothes to watch the show.This wig really completed the look & was much easier than back-combing and styling my own hair. Colour on my computer is a tasteful deep auburn. When wig arrived it was actually quite orange. The first night it kept slipping off but on subsequent nights I bought a wig cap and pinned it with about 3 hairgrips . Didn't find it too warm but it was December. One downside is the smell - a really bad damp musty odour that no amount of Febreze or deodorant could mask. For this reason I only gave it 4 stars as it did detract from my enjoyment of the item. I would have returned it but i ordered it quite last minute and they did manage to get it to me for opening night. Bonus: the picture shown on Amazon is also shown on the packet and I used it as a reference to create my 1960's make up look. The wig was packaged in a strong plastic case but had been squashed in transit. It needed a little styling with my fingers to look right. I accesorized with different bows and hair slides and found it quite easy to re-style as needed. The bouffant bit at the back made me about 2 inches taller. I would recommend and we will use the wig again i feel.

Triline Dinosaur Kigurumi Pajamas Adult Anime Cosplay Halloween Costume Onesie ,size M (63"-67")
Offered by T&G Direct Store
Price: 13.65

4.0 out of 5 stars More Like A Dragon Than a Dinosaur, 8 Nov 2013
Very heavy thick fleece with a fluffy lining. Very warm ,Sheds lots of bits - may improve after washing. Smells horribly damp and musty on arrival and will need a wash before it can be worn . I thought the tail would make sitting problematic but you can push it to one side. The tail hangs down and hits the back of your legs which might get annoying but a safety pin ought to fix it. The fit is odd - the body is very long and hangs a bit low. We bought size medium but the label on the garment says small/medium. I am glad I didn't get a larger one. I am 5'7" with longish legs and arms , size 14-16 and it fits with lots of room to move. The hood goes over my head without pulling no problem and I can still move around freely. The poppers fasten all down the front of the body - they are far enough apart to allow gaps revealing what is underneath.. I thin the suit would be be too hot to wear something underneath unless your house is very cold. Bought for my 5'5" daughter who is crazy about dinosaurs but it actually looks more like a dragon. She has yet to see it so i don't know if she will like it or not. The colours are nice and it is actually quite flattering for a dinosaur onesie and good value for the price. More for lounging/cosplay than sleeping.

cellmax Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 Flip Protection Case Cover Pouch With Solid Build In Phone Holder Housing Cream Blossom Floral Flower Pattern + Quality LCD Screen Scratch Protector + Free Microfibre Cleaning Cloth

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value and Good Quality, 19 Oct 2013
I got this as a budget cover for my white Samsung Mini S5570 phone . I bought it in December 2012. I chose this colour because my previous phone pouch was black and ended up staining the white case of my phone. At such a low price i didn't expect much to be honest but boy was I wrong. 9 months later it is still in really good condition even though i haven't taken my phone out of it once. . it fits my phone perfectly and i can still use the camera and all the other buttons with no problem . I am confident to carry my phone anywhere and even if I do drop it the phone is really well protected.and the cover just wipes clean. The cover is starting to get a bit scuffed now but still works OK . I would definitely get another one like this - not worth bothering with a more expensive case .

LED Lenser P7 Professional Torch (Black) - Test It Pack
LED Lenser P7 Professional Torch (Black) - Test It Pack
Offered by Fox-lighting
Price: 32.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Creme de la Creme of Torches, 19 Oct 2013
This is just such an excellent piece of kit. Bought as a gift for a son who wants to work in emergency services. The beam is amazingly powerful. We have had Maglites but this seems much better. It is a good size and comes in a lovely box with a pouch . It is compact - fits nicely in the hand with a satisfying weight and feel. The variable focus and different intensity beams are really good. Just don't point it in anybody's eyes on the intense one . I can't comment on the battery life as it doesn't get used that much but it doesn't seem to 'eat' batteries like some comparable brands. It feels as though it will last for years and my son aged 19 is thrilled with it.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Idea, 19 Oct 2013
It seems to do what it says on the box. We got it for my son in August 2013 as he was volunteering at a festival. I am not sure how much he used it as he found a place to plug in his phone to the mains . It is very light and small . You do have to charge it fully before first use which takes a while. I am very in favour of using solar energy but my son is less bothered so may not ever really put it through it's paces. I may buy another for myself because I like the concept so much .

When Will My Grown-up Kid Grow Up?
When Will My Grown-up Kid Grow Up?
by Jeffery Jensen Arnett
Price: 14.02

4.0 out of 5 stars A Book That Fills In the Gaps, 19 Oct 2013
My children are aged 16-20. 1 has left home to study overseas and one is at university . Most of my friends have children in the 16-29 age group. This addresses lots of questions that remained unanswered until now. it is slightly repetitive as it puts some of the same points from various angles. I like that it gives real life examples and also that it deals with changes in parents lives as well as their children. It made me feel like I am not alone, I wish i had read it about 4 years ago because I think it would have saved lots of heartache and arguments. This has an been invaluable help now that talking to other mums at the school gate is no longer part of my life. Get it before your teen is 18 if you can. If like me you didn't and have struggled and wept and shouted and been confused by why they don't seem to have anything together , then get the book and save your sanity and your relationship with your emerging adult.