Profile for Muffinbubble > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Braun Series 3 3040 Men's Electric Foil Shaver Wet/Dry
Braun Series 3 3040 Men's Electric Foil Shaver Wet/Dry

3.0 out of 5 stars Same as the rest., 20 May 2016
I've tried several electric shavers. This is just the same as the rest in my opinion. No shaver seems to be able to cut my neck hair. I go over and over and over the same bloody hair and it won't touch it. I then go over the same area so many times it gets irritated and either bleeds or I get a nice big rash.

Back to the trusty Gillette Fusion Blade for me.

Foam Football - Size 5 - Colours May Vary
Foam Football - Size 5 - Colours May Vary

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the office!, 20 May 2016
Great for playing headers in the office with. We're currently at 90, when (if) we get to 100 we'll start a new challenge. Oh the fun you can have with a foam ball!

Occasionally it's gone flying into a monitor or a light but so far nothing has broken. :)

Rheme Premium Adjustable In Car Holder for Apple Iphone 5 / 4 / 4s / 3G / 3 and Samsung, HTC, Nokia, Blackberry, Nexus
Offered by Best Digital Market

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Dec. 2015
A sticky thing that actually sticks and doesn't fall off!

Vcall® Smallest mini Wireless Stereo Music Bluetooth 3.0 Headset Hands-free Earphone Headphone or iPhone 6 6 plus 5s 5c 4s 4,iPad 2 3 4 New iPad, iPod, Android, Samsung Galaxy, Smart Phones Bluetooth Devices (Black)

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job., 27 Mar. 2015
I use this when biking to and from work. I don't wear the ear clip not do I use it to speak via Bluetooth but use it as a Bluetooth music device so I can play songs from my phone.

I feel more than safe on the road as only one ear is listening to the music and the other listening to traffic!

It's never fell out and also comes with 3 different size ear buds.

For the money it's good - sound quality is average, you can't really expect too much from it. It will muffle too when the volume is turned to the maximum.

Battery life is around 3 to 4 hours for me, it has this annoying beep when the battery is about to die and you only get about 2 minutes warning but the device dies. I'd have liked an alert less often and with more time before it cuts off.

Note: I had a problem with the device automatically pairing to my phone (LG G3). In my case it was because I was holding the pairing button too long, if you hold it until you hear the first beep and then let go it automatically pairs without fail. I held it too long the first few times and although the device remained on it wasn't automatically pairing.

Neewer Black Underwater Sport Waterproof Swimmer MP3 Player For Windows XP Vista Mac

5.0 out of 5 stars How can this be so cheap?! Brilliant :), 21 Sept. 2012
Firstly I can't comment on longetivity but base this review up to the current date as if anything changes I will update my review.

So I bought these for under £5 at the time and had to read the description several times to make sure this was actually an underwater MP3 player with 2GB space. And I am pleased to say it is. :)

The item comes with the MP3 player with straps to hold on to your goggles, some headphones, two spare ear pieces, an armband, and a USB cable and some clips to hold the headphones on the your goggles (don't think I've missed anything). Oh, it comes with a manual too, it's good for a laugh but it's pretty useless otherwise :) "turn power on and flash" - eh?

Anyway the sound for underwater is perfectly good enough, it's loud enough (I swim front crawl and could hear the music fine) and the headphones never fell out. The ear pieces did fall off though before getting in the pool so be careful with that.

The headphone length was a bit on the long side so I made my own way of attaching these to my goggles. Got rid of their ties, cable tied them to my goggles and wrapped the headphone wire around the MP3 player several times so there was just enough length to fit one in each ear. I look a bit stupid swimming, almost as if I have a flashing shotgun cartridge attached to the back of my head, but what do I care? Bargain. :) it also charges via USB, charge (according to the trusty manual) lasts 1 and a half hours.

Oh and regards to file transferring - it's easy. Just read most of the other reviews. Plugin in the USB cable, turn it on. Done. If a window doesn't appear trying going to "My computer" to view the list of drives and it should be listed there.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 28, 2013 10:30 AM GMT

Mens Plain Webbing Canvas Belt Will Fit 32 To 52 Inch Designed By Leather Emporium
Price: £0.63 - £4.60

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and nasty, 18 Aug. 2012
Not happy with this belt at all. Owned it for about 2 days and binned it. The buckle teeth are so sharp that when taking off the belt the teeth often get stuck into then belt and rip the fibres out. Hard to explain but half the time when undoing the belt I was having to pull of the fibre which it had ripped from the belt off the teeth just to open it. Belt looked a mess after two days.

Duracell Capless 32GB USB Memory Drive
Duracell Capless 32GB USB Memory Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Great solid USB flash drive, 24 April 2012
I bought this a while back when it was around £23 and at the time thought it was a good price. Now it's a really good price. The USB stick is robust enough to have on my car keys which are thrown around all the time and the key ring holder has not split at all. The sliding cap helps prevent any damage to the USB connection and performs well.

TRIXES Wireless Internet USB Adaptor WiFi Dongle 150Mbps For Windows 7 / XP / Vista
Offered by Digiflex

4.0 out of 5 stars Driver issues - but works well, 18 Aug. 2011
Hi,

I've installed this dongle on 3 different computers. 2 needed the driver on the CD (one XP, one Windows 7), one didn't (Windows 7).

I'm also surprised there were no links to the software for the driver of the actual model of the dongle so after some digging the details are below (use this if you can't find the CD with the drivers on, or threw it in the bin like me!):

Model: Ralink RT2870
Driver location: [...]
Specifically: [...]

Hello, Android: Introducing Google's Mobile Development Platform (Pragmatic Programmers)
by Ed Burnette

3.0 out of 5 stars Hello, Android review, 27 July 2011
I'm writing this review with some experience (around 6 months) in Android and Java already.

As other reviews has mentioned, there isn't an Java learning here which is fine and as I expected but I couldn't help thinking some of the chapters in this book are pretty vague.

It's a relatively small book and does cover a lot but the reason it's so small is the amount of detail in some of the chapters.

For an example, something I consider very important with developing is debugging. I'm not joking when I say this is covered on just one page.

I was also interested in the web service connectivity, the example given is sufficient but I'd have liked other options, such as using the KSOAP2 library, this just covers REST web services.

There were times when I think if I didn't know what I knew already, that some parts would have been confusing such as referring to XML files that by the time of reading hadn't actually existed - I knew where the book was referring too but it wasn't exactly clear.

That said, it's not all like this. It's just vague in some parts. I think the graphic chapters were covered well, getting the tools needed to begin development, some helpful resources and I thought the SQLite examples were sufficient too.

It's worth a read, but I think a little experience in Android already and especially Java will come in handy.

2" RED & YELLOWS POOL BALLS (52mm) BY SUPAPRO
2" RED & YELLOWS POOL BALLS (52mm) BY SUPAPRO

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality pool balls, 19 Mar. 2011
On my current pool table (albeit pretty cheap and nasty) I was never able to get much spin on the ball. If I was down the pub, snooker hall etc I could generate spin much easier so I always blamed the table cloth. It was in fact the balls.

After throwing away the balls that came with the table and buying these I can literally get as much spin as I can on a decent quality table. I never thought balls would make such a difference, but they do. I think the main reason is the white ball is slightly smaller than the other balls, with my previous set they were all the same size.

Anyway, good quality balls. Happy. :)

Page: 1 | 2