Profile for Mrs. J. Newbold > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Wire: Complete HBO Season 2 [DVD] [2005]
The Wire: Complete HBO Season 2 [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Dominic West

5.0 out of 5 stars unbelievable: season 2 is as compelling as season 1, 3 April 2010
This dvd boxset was of perfect quality and a great price from Amazon. That out of the way, we bought this in trepidation as we enjoyed the first season so much we thought the second would not be as mesmerizing. We needn't have worried because this story is even more electrifying than the first, favorite well known characters are developed more keenly and there are a whole host of new characters to get our teeth into. We are up to episode 6 and savouring each one, it's a very complicated story but well worth the effort in concentration, this series is the best cop/life drama we have ever seen. The added feature of the actors playing Omar and McNulty commenting on one episode is very interesting and revealing for Wire fans, what a fantastic series, a must!!

Geisha Girl - Kids Costume 5 - 7 years
Geisha Girl - Kids Costume 5 - 7 years
Offered by Theme Fancy Dress

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely dressing up costume, 28 Jan 2010
This review is from: Geisha Girl (Toy)
my mum bought this for my daughter who is becoming interested in Chinese and Japanese things, she absolutely loves this costume, it looks very authentic and is really good quality, she looks lovely in it, its like a kimono with a big bow. Would definitely recommend it.

Wood Effect Pendant Light Shade
Wood Effect Pendant Light Shade

5.0 out of 5 stars great lampshade, 22 Nov 2009
this lampshade came very promptly and looks lovely, especially when the light shines through it.

VOILE Panels LEAF TRAIL Copper Ivory 90"/230cm drop PAIR
VOILE Panels LEAF TRAIL Copper Ivory 90"/230cm drop PAIR

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely lovely!, 22 Nov 2009
These curtains (voilles) arrived after 5 days, they are great quality, exactly the right size and have totally transformed our living room. they look lovely, we couldn't be happier with them.

Moon Palace
Moon Palace
by Paul Auster

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 22 Nov 2009
This review is from: Moon Palace (Paperback)
what a brilliant book, it is quite bleak at times but always a pageturner, the concepts of solitude, coincidence and fate are explored within a very interesting story, few laughs but loads of beautiful prose and after you have finished reading it stays with you and the themes keep cropping up in everyday life. i think this is a very important book and will re-read it in a few years time, just for pleasure. It is brilliant

Revolver
Revolver

5.0 out of 5 stars age 5 to 80 its a winner, 19 Nov 2009
This review is from: Revolver (Audio CD)
This really is the most brilliant album of all time. If only for "got to get you into my life" the sound is amazing. We played this at my daughter's 6th birthday, my nan who is 86 loved it as much as my daughter, what a fantastic piece of work. honestly, you need to buy it, then your life will be complete. I know that all the other albums have been digitally remastered as well, but this is the one, if you can only afford one, this is the one you should get.

The Girl with the Bird's-nest Hair
The Girl with the Bird's-nest Hair
by Sarah Dyer

4.0 out of 5 stars lovely book, 9 Aug 2009
I bought this after reading a review in the times, I have trouble getting my daughter to brush her hair so thought this would help. Its a nice story, in rhyme, but it doesnt scan too well as a poem, i added bits in myself. It has a nice couple of pages with lots of different types of birds and their names, so good for learning birds, I bought the hardback which is nice quality, I think I like this book more than my daughter does!!

The Brutal Art
The Brutal Art
by Jesse Kellerman

5.0 out of 5 stars what a fabulous story, 9 Aug 2009
This review is from: The Brutal Art (Paperback)
This is a fantastic story, a real page turner and I feel slightly bereft now i have finished it, i keep thinking about the characters and the story,it shifts between current time and past, which at first is annoying then becomes intruiging as the tale develops. I read it over 3 days, recommended for anyone who loves a good story or who loves art, art history, detective work or strange relationships!

Disney Princess 12" Soft & Sweet Little Petals - Belle
Disney Princess 12" Soft & Sweet Little Petals - Belle

5.0 out of 5 stars really lovely belle doll, 8 April 2009
This was a gift for my daughter's friend on her birthday. she loves it, its a really nice doll, well made and good quality, its supposed to smell of flowers but we couldn't smell it, anyhow, a lovely doll and a great present. also has a different skirt in the set to change her into and a headband.

Art: The Definitive Visual Guide
Art: The Definitive Visual Guide
by Andrew Graham-Dixon

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely lovely, 8 April 2009
I bought this book for myself as a treat. I dont have much time for hobbies, but I like art and art history although Im no expert in either. This book is so lovely, its like an indulgence turning every page. Im dipping into it every night and learning so much, the writing is outstanding and the pictures are beautiful. This book is a treasure and I love it. Amazing value, a book to keep for life.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4