Profile for Elaine McKay > Reviews

Content by Elaine McKay

Elaine McKay (Belfast, United Kingdom)

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Use extra glue, 3 May 2014
My daughter loves the sleeping monkey and it was quite easy to put together. However, because the stickers came rolled up, they quickly unpeeled off the wall. I used a glue stick to replace them and it seems to have worked, although there is still a little bit of warping. Not a perfect product but that has more to do with packaging rather than the stickers.

Trademark Collections MLP001010 My Little Pony back pack
Trademark Collections MLP001010 My Little Pony back pack
Offered by Character UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Good customer service, 12 Dec 2013
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I ordered this backpack for my daughter for Christmas but was sent a small handbag by mistake. However the matter was dealt with very promptly by the seller who sent me out the correct product and alloweed me to keep the handbag with their compliments. Very impressed by the seller. Also the backpack looks good, appears to be good quality and I think my daughter will love it.

A Sound Like Someone Trying Not to Make a Sound
A Sound Like Someone Trying Not to Make a Sound
by John Irving

4.0 out of 5 stars Irving's children's stories, 19 Aug 2005
Anyone wishing to read this children's book should be made aware that it is taken from John Irving's excellent novel 'A Widow For One Year'. In this novel one of the characters is a writer of childrens books which reflect his grief at the deaths of his two teenage sons. The childrens books are richly described in terms of text and illustrations and contribute greatly to giving the reader an insight into the mind of the character. Therefore this book 'A Sound Like Someone Trying Not To Make a Sound' would be appreciated by fans of 'Widow For One Year', but will probably confuse and disturb those who treat it as separate from the original novel.