Profile for S. J. Lewis > Reviews

Content by S. J. Lewis

S. J. Lewis "Siôn" (London, UK)

Trust 10 Port USB 2.0 Power Hub
Trust 10 Port USB 2.0 Power Hub

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good product however it only functioned for a just ..., 24 Oct. 2014
Pretty good product however it only functioned for a just over a year...

The Very Best of Fleetwood Mac
The Very Best of Fleetwood Mac

4.0 out of 5 stars ... would have got 5stars however a couple of my favourite track happed to be live and not studio versions…, 24 Oct. 2014
This would have got 5stars however a couple of my favourite track happed to be live and not studio versions…

Pencil by FiftyThree - Walnut
Pencil by FiftyThree - Walnut

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice design, shame about the tips!, 24 Oct. 2014
The pencil its self is a really nicely designed and feels good to use however I personally found the life of the tips to be far too short. Just tying the pencil out for the first time I found my 1st tip to only last up to 2 hrs, the 2nd maybe 3hrs. At £10.74 for x2 tips this is a very expensive way to draw!

Hell's Angels: A Strange and Terrible Saga
Hell's Angels: A Strange and Terrible Saga

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read..., 8 May 2014
If you like motorcycles and happen to be interested in American Motorcycle culture and history then I can recommend this book.

Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance: 40th Anniversary Edition
Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance: 40th Anniversary Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Better late than never..., 5 Dec. 2013
Finally got round to reading this fantastic book and if I had to sum it up with one word it would be "quality".

Speed-Link UltraPortable Audio Card USB
Speed-Link UltraPortable Audio Card USB

2.0 out of 5 stars Sound quality of the Speed-Link UltraPortable Audio Card USB, 18 Feb. 2012
I bought this USB Audio Card for an every day secondary sound output for my iMac. It turns out that I don't actually need it, as I'm able to route iTunes sound through a RMX Console. Doh!

The "Speed-Link UltraPortable Audio Card USB" is very light, small and compact. The build quality seems fine, however I have exprerianced crackling from the right channel. This was experienced when connecting the Audio Card to an amp. I have tried to reproduce the problem using headphones, however I did not run the device for the same length of time and was unable to reproduce the problem...

Using the Audio Card with headphone and comparing it with to the iMac's built in sound card and the RMX Console I found the sound to be thin and tinny (e.g. like 8 bit compression).

If you need a sound card as a cheep replacement it's probably OK, but I wouldn't rush to buy it for listing to Music...

MY-Link 5.25'' USB 2.0 Enclosure case for HDD, CD-ROM, RW, DVD Enclosure case With Fan

4.0 out of 5 stars MY-Link 5.25'' USB 2.0 Enclosure, 8 Jun. 2009
Easy to use (i.e. to install your drive), build quality is not bad, but the fan noise knock my rating down.