Profile for Edward's mum > Reviews

Kitchen Craft Cookie Cutter - Extra Large Bone, 12.5 cm
Offered by The Moorlands Cookshop
Price: 1.75

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent value, 15 Mar 2014
OK, I admit that I really wasn't expecting it to be quite as big as it is (entirely my own fault for not looking to see how big 12.5cm actually was), but it's a good cookie cutter that made massive biscuits for the lovely dog next door for Christmas. Barney was thrilled, and I very much doubt he thought they were too big.

Aurora 8-inch Tiger Soft Plush Toy
Aurora 8-inch Tiger Soft Plush Toy
Offered by MMP Living
Price: 6.24

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 10 Mar 2014
Really well made and a very good representation of Tiger. My son received this along with Kipper and Pig for Christmas, and they are all very good. Well worth the price.

Aurora 8-inch Kipper Soft Plush Toy
Aurora 8-inch Kipper Soft Plush Toy
Offered by Jac in a box
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 10 Mar 2014
Really well made and a very good representation of Kipper. My son received this along with Tiger and Pig for Christmas, and they are all very good. Well worth the price.

Dino Dinosaur Kids Single Duvet Cover Bedding Set LANSFIELD
Dino Dinosaur Kids Single Duvet Cover Bedding Set LANSFIELD
Offered by Bonnie Maison
Price: 12.38

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 10 Mar 2014
My son really loves this duvet set on his first big bed, but I have to say I feel very guilty suggesting his Aunt buy it for him for Christmas. For the considerable price I expected a much thicker fabric, so when I opened it and saw that it was so thin it was completely transparent I was very disappointed. Fortunately it is less obvious once it is on the bed, but that's only down to the fact that the duvet and pillow are white. Apart from my son liking the dinosaurs, the only positive I can think of is that it will dry really quickly. If the price were to reflect the quality, it would be around half the price they are asking for it.

Fireman Sam Jupiter Drive/ Steer
Fireman Sam Jupiter Drive/ Steer
Price: 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, 10 Mar 2014
This was a gift for my 3 year old at Christmas. He loves it. I like how it's a midway skill level between the very basic forward and turn remote control toys and the very advanced whistles and bells ones. The handset doubling as the steering wheel is very clever, and Jupiter is strong enough to ferry all sorts of soft toys around the house. The only downside is the batteries. It just eats them up. Consider getting rechargeable ones for this, otherwise you ill struggle to keep up with the consumption. Don't let that put you off, though, because this is a fab toy, and well worth the price tag.

GUND Tristan the T-Rex Soft Toy 35.5cm
GUND Tristan the T-Rex Soft Toy 35.5cm
Price: 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, 10 Mar 2014
I love this dinosaur, but more importantly, so does my 3 year old son who was given it for Christmas. Robust, really well made and a very good size- all of which you would expect for the price. It isn't cheap, but you get the feeling it might last longer than the real dinosaurs did.

Aurora 8-inch Arnold Soft Plush Toy
Aurora 8-inch Arnold Soft Plush Toy
Offered by EKO Toys
Price: 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Arnold, 10 Mar 2014
Nothing wrong with the toy at all- nicely made and a good representation, but it's Pig, NOT Arnold. My son also received the corresponding Kipper and Tiger toys, and this is the same size. Arnold should be much smaller. Call it 'Pig' instead of 'Arnold' and it would have 5 stars. Can we have a little Arnold, please?

PestBye Battery Operated Cat Repeller - Ultrasonic Cat Scarer
PestBye Battery Operated Cat Repeller - Ultrasonic Cat Scarer
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars converted cynic, 16 May 2012
I did not believe this would work. But I was at my wit's end, and was prepared to try anything.
Mine is the only garden as far as I can see to have flower beds instead of paving, so ALL of the cats in the neighbourhood would use my garden to relieve themselves. I couldn't let my son out to play before I had cleared it all each morning, and after a weekend away I actually half-filled a carrier bag with the stuff. They would scratch up my plants and kill birds on my lawn. I never liked cats, but I had become the mad woman who would swear at them in the street.
My dad keeps pigeons, and he told me that he hasn't had a cat in his garden since he installed his (expensive) sonic repeller, so I thought I would give it a go.... but being the cynic that I am, I bought this, the cheapest model on Amazon (less money wasted when it didn't work), plus 'silent roar' lion poo pellets and repellant rods to try when I gave up on the sonic device.
The sonic device arrived very quickly, so I put it out straight away and dared it to work.
How wrong could I be?
Since then I have neither seen a single cat in my garden, nor found one of their foul presents. My plants and wild birds are all intact, and the rods and lion poo pellets remain in their packaging. I would pass a few days off as coincidence, but after three weeks without incident I think it is safe to say that this sonic cat repeller is working, and working very well indeed.
It has no ill-effect on next door's dog, wild birds or hedgehogs (I had never had a hedgehog in my garden before the cats stopped coming), it is unobtrusive, cheap and very effective. Why wouldn't you buy it?
Two tiny downsides are easily rectified- the complete lack of instructions in the box can be found online, and it has no off switch so it is necessary to cover the device with a plant pot when you work in the garden to save the batteries. No effort whatsoever when you consider the joy of having no moggy mess to clear up each morning.
I have never been happier to be wrong about something.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 3, 2013 11:25 PM BST