Profile for bluebellgirl > Reviews

Content by bluebellgirl

bluebellgirl

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Welcome, Holy Spirit: How You Can Experience the Dynamic Work of the Holy Spirit in Your Life.
by Benny Hinn
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars What a buy!, 29 July 2013
I read this book 20 years ago and gave it away to someone else...I hunted for it high and low and then finally resorted to searching on Amazon. This is a beautifully written book by the world famous Evangelist, Benny Hinn. If you are seeking more of Jesus Christ and his Holy Spirit, look no further than this book.

Gardenalia: Furnishing your garden with Flea Market Finds, Country Collectables and Architectural Salvage
by Sally Coulthard
Price: 20.40

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE THIS BOOK!, 29 July 2013
I was a bit skeptical, thinking how much can you write about garden decor, because you don't get to see much on the 'look inside' part. I happened to be at Charleston Farmhouse in Sussex when I spotted the book in their shop and paged through it! When I got home I quickly ordered it from Amazon! This book is beautiful! It gives you all sorts of tips for making your garden your haven either with salvaged garden decor or real antiques. There is something for everyone. The possibilities are endless. It's not just about pretty pictures, there is a resource section at the back, and plenty of interesting text to read. A great book! So glad I bought it!

Seven Ages of Britain [DVD]
Seven Ages of Britain [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Dimbleby
Price: 13.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Britain!, 22 July 2013
This review is from: Seven Ages of Britain [DVD] (DVD)
I watched the series on TV and I bought the DVD for my father who lives in South Africa. It's a well produced DVD presented by David Dimbleby and I can highly recommend watching the DVD. It's historical, it's interesting and I couldn't wait to watch the next series, but how lovely to have all the episodes on one DVD!

Garden String/Twine With Scissors- Gardeners Accessories (G883)
Garden String/Twine With Scissors- Gardeners Accessories (G883)
Offered by bellas-direct
Price: 4.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely twine, 4 July 2013
I love this tiny pair of garden scissors which look very vintage and the twine, which is proper old fashioned twine. Works perfectly in the garden and the scissors cut right through the string no problem at all! A lovely reasonably priced product and I would definitely recommend this seller again!

My One and Only [DVD]
My One and Only [DVD]
Dvd ~ Logan Lerman
Offered by Bridge_Records
Price: 1.47

4.0 out of 5 stars Not sure about one and only, 29 Jun 2013
This review is from: My One and Only [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this DVD on the basis that it is supposed to be one of Renee Zellweger's best ever movies...with Kevin Bacon as supporting actor. Actually it was rather boring, about a woman with two sons, a husband who is a lead in a popular band with a wandering eye...Renee decides she's had enough and hits the road with her two sons stopping off at different places along the way...all the while getting her heart broken by men...

100 Great Breads
100 Great Breads
by Paul Hollywood
Price: 12.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little book!, 29 Jun 2013
This review is from: 100 Great Breads (Hardcover)
Great book with easy to read instructions on making your own bread. I'm completely new to bread baking and this is my first book. I thought I would rather try Paul Hollywood's book than any other author as he is, after all, the bread man! I have yet to bake any breads, but I only received my book today, two days after ordering, so really pleased with the prompt delivery! I am sure Hollywood's bread will not disappoint! the book has beautiful photographs, with clear step by step instructions, can't wait to start baking!

The Diaspora story : the epic of the Jewish people among the nations
The Diaspora story : the epic of the Jewish people among the nations
by Joan Comay
Edition: Loose Leaf

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing story of an amazing nation, 16 Jun 2013
I first read this book around 20 years ago. I was in awe of the contents. It tells Jewish History from Genesis right through to the Exodus of the Israelites. It also tells of their journey as a nation who travelled to different parts of the world and settled there. Having always been fascinated with Jewish history this book has been a wonderful source of rich information and historical fact. Joan Comay is an excellent author and I highly recommend her books. So glad I finally found this book again after so long.

World's Greatest Story: The Epic of the Jewish People in Biblical Times
World's Greatest Story: The Epic of the Jewish People in Biblical Times
by Joan Comay

5.0 out of 5 stars The Greatest true life story you will ever read!, 16 Jun 2013
I first came across this book around 15 years ago. As a Christian our roots are deeply held in the early days of the Jewish nation. This is an epic tale of an epic nation. Joan Comay is not only a story teller but tells the facts in such a way to entice the reader to continue reading. I've searched for many years to find this book again, and I am so glad it is finally mine. If you want to understand biblical history, whether Jewish or not, this book is for you. You will not want to put it down.

Rediscovering Passover: Complete Guide for Christians
Rediscovering Passover: Complete Guide for Christians
by Joseph Stallings
Price: 16.29

5.0 out of 5 stars The book I was waiting for!, 9 Jun 2013
Thank you Joseph Stallings for writing this book! I've always had an interest in the Jewish Passover and felt that Christians 'lost out' to some of the amazing festivities and feasts the Jewish nation celebrate. The author takes you from Leonardo da Vinci's 'The last supper' and tears it apart and rightly so, no wonder it doesn't make sense, then goes to the great Exodus of the Israelites, the first passover in minute detail, incredibly factual, right up to the New Testament and the Passover which Jesus attended before His Crucifixion. If you're interested in gaining perspective on our rights at Christians to this mostly Jewish feast, then this book is for you. I believe EVERY Christian worth his salt should be reading this incredible book! Excellent!

Decorating with Style
Decorating with Style
by Abigail Ahern
Price: 6.80

3.0 out of 5 stars Decorating Abigail style, 26 May 2013
This review is from: Decorating with Style (Hardcover)
I was a little disappointed with Abigail Ahern's second book. I have her first book, A Girl's Guide to decorating, and the content is filled mostly with photographs of dark painted interiors, and then some DIY tips and at the time it was very different to any of the other interior design books on the shelves. I was looking forward to seeing some interesting interiors I hadn't seen before. Instead it was filled with pictures I have already seen in newspaper and magazine editorials and on interior blogs. Granted the photos of her own home are visually stunning and there are several DIY tips on embellishing furniture, painting striped floors etc. I think I would have appreciated this book more if I didn't have her first book. Having said all that, it's full of interesting eclectic interiors, which are dark and moody and visually stimulating.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9