Profile for Imperator > Reviews

Content by Imperator

Imperator "Imperator" (Birkenhead, Merseyside United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Ex-Pro BLN-1 High Power Plus Replacement Lithium Ion Digital Camera Battery for Olympus

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't hesitate to buy this battery., 30 May 2014
Great value. I carry two of these as spares and they are pretty much as good as the Olympus original at 1/4 the price.

Olympus OM-D E-M5 Wrapping Case for Camera
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Wrapping Case for Camera
Offered by Carmarthen Cameras

3.0 out of 5 stars Handy case, but..., 19 Feb 2014
I use a Gariz leather half-case to carry my OM-D around, but if I'm throwing it in a bag, i want a little bit more protection for the lens and screen. This does the job very well. My only complaint is the value-for-money. It is very expensive for what it is. If it didn't have an Olympus logo on it, this would be less than £5.

Vox VAC-19BR 19ft Class A Professional Acoustic Cable
Vox VAC-19BR 19ft Class A Professional Acoustic Cable

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome cable, 19 Feb 2014
I am someone who believes in paying a little bit extra to get the best product I can afford. This is it. The cable oozes quality, the sound is superb, and despite the long length, there is no loss of quality or interference whatsoever. A sound investment.

Acer Aspire Z3-605 23-inch Touchscreen All-in-One PC (Intel Core i5 3337 1.8GHz Processor, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, DVDRW, LAN, WLAN, Radeon Graphics, Windows 8)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice machine and excellent value, 19 Feb 2014
In this price range, this is as good as it gets. Puzzled by the other reviews saying it doesn't work with Windows 8.1. For me, it has been a faultless experience so far. Windows 8.1 requires you to spend a little bit of time tailoring the OS to your requirements, but once you've got it set up for the way you want to use your machine, it works really well, especially with a touch screen like this.

The build quality of this machine is decent, the display is clear and bright (though obviously not as amazing as some of the more pricey machines out there). I have previously owned or set up three different Acer laptops, and my only gripe with the brand is that the machines come pre-loaded with loads of bloatware you just don't need, which slows down your machine's boot times and performance. Make sure you spend a bit of time removing these programmes. This is why I only gave 4*. It also comes with McAfee, which is also pointless for most users these days (given Windows 8.1's excellent AV straight out of the box) and I would recommend removing this too, as McAfee is a resource hog.

All in all though, I would recommend this machine. I was setting this one up for a friend, but having seen the machine and the value for money it offers (an i5 processor and decent 23" touchscreen at this price is remarkable), I am now considering purchasing one for my own home office.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 2, 2014 12:00 AM BST

Maxsima - LH-46GF LH46GF Lens hood Compatible with Panasonic LUMIX G 14mm / F2.5 ASPH and LUMIX G 20mm / F1.7 ASPH Lenses. as H-H014 & H-H020 - HH014, HH020..
Offered by Cameramarket UK

4.0 out of 5 stars All good in the hood, 5 Sep 2013
Cheap, does the job, solid, what's not to like? Definitely as good as the Panasonic version, at a fraction of the price.

The Ice Man: Confessions of a Mafia Contract Killer
The Ice Man: Confessions of a Mafia Contract Killer
by Philip Carlo

1.0 out of 5 stars Quite simply the worst book I've ever read, 5 Sep 2013
Just awful, awful, clunky prose slapped together in a haphazard and repetitive fashion. What should be a fascinating tale is rendered stultifying by quite possibly the least skillful author ever to draw breath. My copy was recently used to light the fire. Don't bother. If you like tales of true crime and the mafia, read John Follain's "The Last Godfathers" instead of this gibberish.

Piz Buin 1 Day Long Duo Sun Lotion Spf 30 X 2 - 100Ml Each = 200 Ml
Piz Buin 1 Day Long Duo Sun Lotion Spf 30 X 2 - 100Ml Each = 200 Ml
Offered by HORNSEA-INKJET-SUPPLIES

1.0 out of 5 stars Causes extreme allergic reactions, 23 July 2013
I have suffered with a terrible itchy rash for three days on my scalp, arms and legs after using this product. I have never suffered from skin allergies previously. This is a known problem with this particular product, yet it continues to be sold. When I visited my GP today, they told me that I was the latest in a long line of patients who had visited in the past fortnight following extreme allergic reactions to the same product. Avoid it like the plague, or you will end up looking and feeling like you've GOT the plague.

Piz Buin 1 Day Long Duo Sun Lotion Spf 30 LARGE 2 X 200ml = 400ml

Offered by HORNSEA-INKJET-SUPPLIES

1.0 out of 5 stars Massive allergic reaction, 23 July 2013

1 Day Long by Piz Buin Protective Sun Lotion SPF30 High 100ml
1 Day Long by Piz Buin Protective Sun Lotion SPF30 High 100ml
Offered by at Mr Cosmetics (UK Based Seller)

Page: 1 | 2