Profile for Dawn Rodgers > Reviews

Content by Dawn Rodgers

Dawn Rodgers "book lover"

Tea Infuser
Tea Infuser
Offered by Nothing but Tea Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for all kinds of loose tea, 5 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Tea Infuser (Kitchen & Home)
I drink loose herbal tea and find this little infuser invaluable. The mesh is very fine so none of the tea escapes into the water. The little lid can be use as a drip saucer when the tea is brewed, but best of all you can cover the used tea with the lid and use again as many times as you wish.

18cm Looped Bamboo Wooden Skewers x 100
18cm Looped Bamboo Wooden Skewers x 100
Offered by Foodstuff

5.0 out of 5 stars Very different skewers, 9 Dec. 2012
Just the correct size for fruit kebabs, all my guests wondered where I purchased such different skewers.on each skewer I had a strawberry, one red grape,one satsuma orange segment one green grape and to finish one cube of fresh pineapple. Delicious. .

River Cottage Diary 2011
River Cottage Diary 2011
by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall
Edition: Diary

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cooks diary, 12 Feb. 2011
This review is from: River Cottage Diary 2011 (Diary)
2011 is the first year I purchased the River Cottage Diary and have not been disappointed.

As a keen cook and one who plans my menus for the week in advance I have found this diary to be of great help. You have lots of writing space for each day and a section at the bottom of the page if you want to make a few notes. It also has three recipes for each month ( some with pictures) and a section suggesting what's good to eat in Jan, Feb, March etc etc. With colourful pictures, spiral binding,useful websites, and a section at the back for addresses I suggest this diary is ideal for those who like me are foodies.

This is not a diary for your handbag but one for the kitchen!!!!!!!

NOKIA C3 RED LEATHER POCKET POUCH COVER CASE BY CELLAPOD CASES
NOKIA C3 RED LEATHER POCKET POUCH COVER CASE BY CELLAPOD CASES

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic phone case, 11 Feb. 2011
Would highly recommend this case. I love the little ribbon which makes it so easy to access your phone. My friend has one of the expensive cases and it's not as easy to use as this one. You will be hard pushed to get anything better........ Designer or not ..... 5 stars all round !!!!!

The Flight of Swallows
The Flight of Swallows
by Audrey Howard

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read, 24 Feb. 2010
This review is from: The Flight of Swallows (Paperback)
This is the first Audrey Howard book I have read and I am hooked.

It is a heart warming story that touched my heart. I found myself being sucked into the character of Charlotte.

Charlotte is a strong character who with her brothers has been cruelty treated by her father.

The beautiful Brook who falls in love with her from the first time he sees her asks for her hand in marriage and Charlotte agrees but with a stipulation !!!!! This begins the story of how Brooke does all he can to win her love and how Charlotte does all she can to please herself until ........ you will have to read the book to find out.

You will not be disappointed with this book it is a real romance,and even though it was reviewed with 3 stars I highly recommend it as a great read.

Xtra Flex Super L.E.D. Book Light - Silver
Xtra Flex Super L.E.D. Book Light - Silver

3.0 out of 5 stars book light, 24 Feb. 2010
Purchased this little book light so I could read in bed at night without disturbing my husband.
The light from it is very bright, so much so that it lights up the room defeating the purpose of not using the bedside lamp.It is a super light for needlework and any close work that might require a bright light but for reading in bed I suggest you do what I did and use the bedside lamp....... poor husband he deserves a medal for putting up with me burning the midnight oil well past midnight!!!!!

Tell Me No Secrets
Tell Me No Secrets
by Julie Corbin

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 15 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Tell Me No Secrets (Paperback)
Could not put this book down.Its a brilliant read......love,secrets, suspense, betrayal all mixed in with every day life, The story of Grace and her friend Orla filled me with many different emotions.
I felt sorry for Grace at times, and then I felt I could choke her, then the suspense was killing me so much I could not wait to reach the end of the book to find out the outcome.As for Orla she made me angry, I would love to have shouted at her, given her a good shake, she is a nasty piece of work but then I found myself asking...... WHY? This is Julie Corbins first novel and one I would recommend.You will get so involved with the characters,you might even be able to relate to them,but be assured you will be thinking about them long after the book has ended. This book is one to get lost in and one to make you think.