Profile for Thoughtful Shopper > Reviews

Content by Thoughtful Shopper

Thoughtful Shopper "Mum on the run" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
TeckNet® Apple FM Transmitter Charge and Play for Apple iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6s, 6 Plus, 6s Plus, iPod Touch, Nano
Offered by Hippidion.Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - worked clearly first time, 5 Nov. 2009
Only reason for not putting 5*s is that I have not had this item long enough to properly test it in lots of different locations. However, I have had a couple of transmitters in the past that have all been more costly than this one and from the onset did not work as brilliantly as this. On my usual school run there used to be certain spots on my travels that I knew would give me distortion with previous transmitters and this did not happen with the TeckNet - clear all the way to school and back! (Not such a happy daughter who is highly embarrassed by the school run karaoke session as can now play all my favourites with ease and my tuneless singing)

Simple to use - tune it into your radio and you're off - what else do you need. For me the 90.0 setting works brilliantly. Only disadvantage is that you dont have a number of stored settings on it like my previous Belkin however, maybe I dont need it- and at this price it is really not a biggie.
Cant fault it - highly recommended - will update when have used it for longer

X-Mini II 2nd Generation Capsule Speaker with 3.5mm Jack Compatible with iPhone/iPad/iPod/Smartphones/Tablets/MP3 Player/Laptop - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Santas best stocking filler, 3 Nov. 2009
Can only repeat all the other excellent reviews of this product. Credit crunch time has called for low budget pressies and this was given to my other half as a birthday pressie this morning - needless to say I have been 'testing' it all morning
Very easy to use - excellent sound quality - kind of hoping santa might bring me one this year and then we can link them!
Obviously cant vouch for its longevity yet but so far very impressed
Secret santa present sorted, and for all devices pcs, ipods etc will be a brilliant pressie for almost anyone.
Definitely no regrets - excellent price through amazon as well.

Sequin Art and Beads Swans
Sequin Art and Beads Swans

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent as always, 30 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Sequin Art and Beads Swans (Toy)
As per my other reviews of these sequin projects, my daughter has thoroughly enjoyed this one. Unfortunately some of the sequins were a little short supply but we used our imagination and moved a couple around so that you wouldn't notice.

Having done a number of these projects now, I would highly recommend a small box to keep all the pins in and only opening the sequin packets as you need them. Keep any leftovers for the next project too. There is always a little sequin decoration left on the carpet but it is not generally a messy project and keeps my 10 year old occupied for a long time.

They may seem a little pricey for what you get but it is a quality product and a project that keeps your child occupied for a long time as well as having pride in the final creation.

These are now standard pressies on all xmas and birthday lists.

Highly recommmended - although my daughter is 10 years old, I would think that with some help any age from 8 onwards would find this a lovely present.

Lego Crazy Action Contraptions (Klutz)
Lego Crazy Action Contraptions (Klutz)
by Doug Sillinger
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent boys gift that keeps him occupied for ages - well worth it, 30 Oct. 2009
In the tricky area of buying durable and fun toys for a 7 year old boy - this has come up trumps. I think that it would probably be a little too fiddly for any age younger than this (apart from the younger lego genius) but would certainly entertain any lego fan of all ages above 7. My son got this for his birthday and although did not tackle it with much enthusiasm when he first got it has now got the confidence to tackle all the wonderful extras in this book. Keeps him occupied for ages and as always klutz is brilliant - I just wish there was a follow on from this for the next pressie and also something for the girls.

However, back to this book - it comes with a number of pages of projects and some very interesting mechanical lego bits - I have had to allocate one of my kitchen tupperwares to house all the bits otherwise they end up all over the place and if lost in the big lego box will never be found again! My advice - make sure you open the book with him and give him the box straight away otherwise you will find the hoover making short work of some of the smaller pieces and then rendering the projects in the book useless.

Under strict instructions to keep this lot of lego separately, our 7 year old mechanic has found many hours of enjoyment from this and I can highly highly recommend it. Well worth the money and wont disappoint.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 18, 2014 4:03 PM GMT

Staedtler Fimo Soft Starter Set 8023 10
Staedtler Fimo Soft Starter Set 8023 10

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for projects and a rainy day, 30 Oct. 2009
Am writing this review on the back of having excellent service from Play Merrily toys via Amazon. We bought this for my daughters school project and the whole family has got involved. We are building a model garden and friends and family have all enjoyed making tools, vegetables, fruit, benches etc etc. You could use this stuff for so many things and the internet is an endless library of all sorts of projects you can create with this polymer clay.

Very easy to use. Would recommend using a white bathroom tile to mould on rather than the plastic sheet that comes with the pack which is perfectly fine, but not as good as working on a tile.

We ordered this product and it arrived slightly damaged and Play Merrily sent the replacement the very next day - brilliant service and a brilliant product for girls and boys. A couple of smaller kits are making their way into Xmas stockings as a result.

Highly recommend both the clay and Play Merrily toys

Harumika Starter Set
Harumika Starter Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Great girlie pressie - take a look, 30 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Harumika Starter Set (Toy)
My daughter got this for her 10th birthday and has enjoyed it with friends - brilliant - needs no scissors or glue, leaves no mess and can be used with a mixed age group of girls as I would think that it would be suitable from 6 onwards. The set comes with 2 mannequins so that it can be used with a friend or your little princess can design her outfits by herself if she is on her own.

A few bits of material and ribbons and stickers to accessorise the outfits. (You can always add extra bits to the kit very cheaply) You dress up the mannequin with the materials as you wish and then you can take it apart and start again (could take a photo of good designs)- easy to tidy away but will need its own box/ bag.

Brilliant price for this present and highly recommended as a good addition to the birthday or xmas list.

REcommend taking a look at the video available on line to get the full idea.

KSG - Dolphin Sequin Art
KSG - Dolphin Sequin Art

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent creative activity, 30 July 2009
This review is from: KSG - Dolphin Sequin Art (Toy)
This was given to my 9 year old (nearly 10 year old) daughter and she now has a number of them. They are a very easy way to keep her occupied and creating a lovely item with lots of pride.

Somehow we did not have enough pins but that could always be a younger brothers fiddly fingers, but perhaps ensure you have extras anyway.
It does need concentration and not something that can be done with a lot of little ones around due to the pins. Good activity to do with friends.

Lovely item, good present, and highly recommended

The Boys' Holiday Book
The Boys' Holiday Book
by Guy Campbell

3.0 out of 5 stars Very affordable, good quality, but disappointing content, 30 July 2009
This review is from: The Boys' Holiday Book (Paperback)
Bought this for my 7 year old son. It is a very affordable book and the page quality is very high.

The content however is not what would keep my son occupied for long - not enough dot-to-dots, spot the differences etc. There are a number of different puzzles but mixed in with extra activity ideas suchas how to build a tent, a family questionnaire etc which would be left untouched in this house.

If you are expecting a compendium of puzzles this is not it. I would have given the rating as a 2 star for content, but swayed by brilliant price and quality of the book itself, bumped it up to a 3 star. Perhaps an extra holiday 'filler' rather than something that is going to be used on a daily basis.

Fun and Funky Stencil Book
Fun and Funky Stencil Book
by The Five Mile Press
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Great arty gift, 15 Mar. 2009
I bought this as for my 9 year old daughter as she was so delighted with her other one. It has not disappointed - can keep her occupied for ages. Great for her to make her own birthday cards and 'frame' her pictures. Sturdy little book and good quality. Definite present hit. Add a set of fineliners to the book to make a great arty present.

Natural History Museum Pocket Microscope
Natural History Museum Pocket Microscope

5.0 out of 5 stars One of his best birthday pressies - EXCELLENT, 15 Mar. 2009
Bought this for my 7 year old son whose main present was a bigger microscope, only to find that this one is far better than his main present! Great product - fantastic value for money - will be buying more for the present cupboard. The whole family has now got involved - the only advantage of getting the bigger microscope was that it came with some prepared slides so if giving this as a main gift it would be a good idea to add a set of prepared slides. A++++. Definitely now on my amazon wish list for present ideas for future - good for girls & boys and mums & dads, schools, teachers etc etc etc.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5