Profile for Mr. P. J. S. Duckworth > Reviews

Content by Mr. P. J. S. D...

Mr. P. J. S. Duckworth (Fakenham Norfolk)

Page: 1 | 2
m-Digita® Replacement Battery For iPhone 4S -(tools included)
m-Digita® Replacement Battery For iPhone 4S -(tools included)
Offered by Apro

4.0 out of 5 stars All you need to replace your battery but look elsewhere for instructions., 31 May 2015
The actual procedure for replacing the iPhone 4s battery is simple to follow: undo 2 screws to open up the case - undo 2 more to disconnect the battery clip - lever out the old battery and remove along with cable and clip - insert new battery and reassemble in reverse order (not forgetting the fiddly little earthing tag which goes under the right hand battery clip screw). The snag in the whole thing is that the screws are the tiniest you will ever have seen. I had to work with an illuminated magnifying glass and a pair of fine tweezers to handle the screws which do require use of the 2 specialist miniature screwdrivers supplied. Take your time and prepare a safe place to put the two sets of screws which are not identical. Some reviewers emphasise how little time it took them, but the key thing is to relax and do it properly. Instructions are not supplied with the kit which seems strange so I docked them a point and read through a couple of the many sites on the web/u tube which tell/show you how to do it. The operation was successful and full battery power is restored to my 4s. Reccomended.

Bose ® SoundLink Colour Bluetooth Speaker - Mint Green
Bose ® SoundLink Colour Bluetooth Speaker - Mint Green

4.0 out of 5 stars Really wonderful sound but software operation could be better, 4 Mar. 2015
This compact blue tooth speaker gives the best sound I have ever heard from a unit this size. It is full, clear and creates a great 'presence' as if you are at a live performance. The set up for bluetooth pairing is sort of OK - it took me 2 or 3 attempts but finally got both my IPhone and IPad mini linked to it. You are prompted by a digital American voice telling you what is paired to the speaker, which I found hard to understand initially. The surprise was that after a few days without use it would not switch on at all! I consulted their web based manual (skimpy multi lingo leaflet not much help), and found some guff about a battery protection circuit kicking in and preventing switch on. The answer was to plug it into the provided charger for a couple of mins and normal service was then resumed! - sounds to me as if there is a software bug which needs fixing! However I forgave it because the sound is so beautiful and actually plan to buy another. Without the kerfuffle it would have had 5 stars.

Ticket to Oblivion (The Railway Detective series Book 11)
Ticket to Oblivion (The Railway Detective series Book 11)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Railway Detective at his best - great read for Christmas!, 5 Dec. 2014
The railway detective is back at his very best in solving a seemingly intractable railway mystery. This is exciting Victorian high drama - very well told, keeping you on the edge of your seat until the very end!

A Crime in Holland: Inspector Maigret #7
A Crime in Holland: Inspector Maigret #7

3.0 out of 5 stars Lost in Holland, 16 Nov. 2014
Maigret is at his best in his homeland - France, so I did not enjoy this 'Dutch Excursion' as much as the other 6 I have read so far!

Sony XDRS60 DAB/DAB+/FM Compact Retro Style Digital Radio - Red
Sony XDRS60 DAB/DAB+/FM Compact Retro Style Digital Radio - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish , sensitive, high quality radio at a very good price., 25 Oct. 2014
My previous experience of DAB radio has been very poor .i.e very heavy power consumption, appalling quality on weaker signals and not very good ergonomically. In fact both of them (Roberts) ended up on the rubbish heap! So I am very happy to say that the Sony XDRS60 is an excellent radio in every respect. The red/silver combination is very pleasing and the plastic/ metal materials of high quality. Ergonomically it is excellent with the on/off and preset station buttons on the top cabinet surface allowing one handed operation. As others have said - it is very sensitive on both DAB and FM. The latter is very important to me as local stations in Norfolk are not available on DAB and they have no plans. Set -up is automatic on both bands on first switching on, and storing stations on the presets very straightforward. The large tuning and volume knobs are very smooth to operate and the illuminated display very clear with all the station info you need, along with a digital clock and battery status indicator - if batteries are installed. Incidentally I highly reccomend you do this. Not only do you get very convenient portable operation (but note it has no carrying handle), but also the 3x C cells weigh the set down sufficiently for one handed operation of the front panel controls. I reccomend purchasing a box of 10 Duracell industrial pro cells from Amazon. They have a huge ampere/ hour capacity and cost less than £8 for 10batts. I have been running on 3 of these for 2 months and the bat status indicator still reads full! Audio quality is very good indeed and this holds at high volume settings. Although it is somewhat middle/top weighted, the bass you do get is very clean and tight. In summary I highly reccomend this radio. At £69 it beats the overpriced offerings from Pure and Roberts in the £90-120 region, all over the place. Treat yourself for Christmas, you won't regret it!

The Cornish Coast Murder (British Library Crime Classics)
The Cornish Coast Murder (British Library Crime Classics)
by John Bude

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 7 July 2014
Very well written story rather in the style of the. 1930 Freeman Wills Croft detective novels.iloved it!. Highly reccomended

Wolfcraft 4685000 Mobile Drilling Aid Accumobile
Wolfcraft 4685000 Mobile Drilling Aid Accumobile

5.0 out of 5 stars How did I do without it?, 25 Mar. 2014
A really great, well designed jig allowing 90 degree drilling for 5 drill sizes. The green patches are rubber inserts allowing the jig to stay in position against the drilling surface. The contoured shape fits very nicely in the hand and contributes to trouble free use. Typical of Wolfcraft to really design a product properly !
Good value- highly recommended

Brushed Chrome Red iPhone 4s / iPhone 4 Aluminium Protection Case / Cover / With White Edges for Apple iPhone 4s Apple iphone 4
Offered by Top Bargain1

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart and sturdy, 25 Mar. 2014
This is a two part case which fits together very nicely and has cut outs allowing direct acces to all the control buttons and sockets. The brushed metal red back is very smart and centres up the Apple logo accurately and contrasts very stylishly with the white plastic surround. This is just proud of the front/screen thus protecting it in the case of a fall. I am very pleased indeed with it and feel that I now have a brand new version of my 4s phone! Highly recommended.

Erkundungen: Erkundungen Kompakt C1 - Kurs-und Arbeitsbuch
Erkundungen: Erkundungen Kompakt C1 - Kurs-und Arbeitsbuch
by Anne Buscha

2.0 out of 5 stars Too difficult for its own good!, 30 Oct. 2013
This course book is extremely advanced and even after being in an advanced German class for 4 years, I find it very difficult to get to grips with. In fact it may well decide me to give the language up as I realise from struggling with this book that I shall never make the breakthrough! Sad days

TeckNet® iEP190 Apple iPod Mobile External Battery Pack For All iPhone/iPods
TeckNet® iEP190 Apple iPod Mobile External Battery Pack For All iPhone/iPods
Offered by SPEEDY GOAL LIMITED

4.0 out of 5 stars Nifty little Gadget, 10 Aug. 2012
I purchased this device from Amazon specifically as back up to my Iphone 4s which I bought this year. Although I charge my Iphone up every night, some days I have very heavy usage - as a reader for example when the battery gets quite low. So I precharged my Technet for several hours the night before to make sure it really was full and used my Iphone until the battery was at around 20%. I then attached the Technet which boosted it very nicely to the 80% mark or so which got me through the rest of the day. I have had no compatibility problems and can reccomend this compact little battery charger.

Page: 1 | 2