Profile for adamc260 > Reviews

Content by adamc260

adamc260

Page: 1 | 2
Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition (Nintendo Wii U)
Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition (Nintendo Wii U)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing game!, 23 Sep 2013
I've not played any of the Batman games but some friends were on about it and for the fantastic price of £12.99 I thought i'd give it a whirl!

This version contains all the DLC that was released so you really are getting the most complete edition. The gamepad integration is really great, you can select weapons, use it to scan crime scenes, crack passwords etc etc... the list goes on!

Visually it's beautiful and plays very smoothly! Do yourself a favor and just get it :)

Hori Officially Licensed Precision Screen Filter (Nintendo Wii U)
Hori Officially Licensed Precision Screen Filter (Nintendo Wii U)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Screen Protector, 23 Sep 2013
Like everything Hori make for Nintendo products... it goes on without any issues and you can't see it what so ever.

If you've ever applied a mobile phone screen protector then this will be a different way of doing things, but once you've put it on you understand why they do it differently!

Very cheap, flawless finish.

Nintendo Wii U 32GB Premium Pack - Black
Nintendo Wii U 32GB Premium Pack - Black
Offered by Bunny Bargains

5.0 out of 5 stars Nintendo W..ow!, 23 Sep 2013
I was looking for a new console and for a long time hadn't really considered the Wii U, I thought... Surely it's just the wii with a tablet for a controller? Boy, was I wrong!

Firstly, the device is very compact and yet still powerful. I've had it for a few days and I keep finding things that amaze me.

The gamepad has to be the BEST idea ever, I have my Wii U hooked up to the main TV so whenever someone wanted to watch something I was forever having to switch my game off on other consoles.. yet with this I can continue playing the FULL game (not a stripped down experience) on the gamepad! What!!? Who wouldn't love that.

The Wii U also handles Youtube,Netflix and Love Film really well... the dual screen idea is fantastic. One of my favourite features is MiiVerse which is an online community for Nintendo Wii U owners to talk about the games they're playing, hints, tips, cool things they've found etc.. If you're stuck or just want to brag, then it's the place to be!

The internet browser is fantastic, it's just like using a tablet only it's being displayed on my 32" TV!

I don't know why this console gets such a bad rep, so far i've been enjoying Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends and Batman Arkham City (Armoured Edition) and all look/play spectacularly thanks to the Wii U and Gamepad intergration.

Looking forward to the future we have Zelda Wind Waker HD, Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong, Bayonetta 2, Super Mario 3D, Assassins Creed 4, Watch Dogs..... The list goes on and on!

Do the research and get one of these, it really is a great console that deserves far more attention than it gets. So many people go 'Uhh the Wii U sucks' but have never played one!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 24, 2013 11:17 PM BST

Nintendo Licensed Screen Protectors (Nintendo 3DS XL)
Nintendo Licensed Screen Protectors (Nintendo 3DS XL)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Accessory, 8 Sep 2013
I bought the official screen protector because I didn't want to get smudge marks all over the touch screen/top screen.

The instructors are quite confusing, if you've used any screen protectors for mobile phones/tablets this is nothing like it. Once you follow the instructors though it does make sense and they go on without any problems, you can't even see them on!

If you get any air bubbles once they've been on (like I did) do not pull the protector off to try put it back on as ALL BUBBLES will come out with ease (Just keep running over the small bubbles with the cardboard tool and they disappear). Mine now has a flawless finish and for a very cheap price.

California Scents Mojave Mango Car Scent Air Freshener
California Scents Mojave Mango Car Scent Air Freshener
Offered by Tangerine Trading

1.0 out of 5 stars A let Down, 19 July 2013
I bought a few of these California Scents and on the first day this 'Mojave Mango' smelt lovely but a day or two later and you can't smell a thing.

I bought a Cherry one at the same time and that smells beauiful (Ended up putting one in my room... it's lasted for ages!)

Asus RT-N66U - 900Mbps Dual Band Wireless N Router, Gigabit LAN/WAN, 2x USB, Print FTP UPnP VPN Server, IPv6, 8x SSID, Wireless 3D HD content streaming, 3 Year Warranty

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Router, 19 July 2013
I purchased the ASUS RT-N66U because my D-Link router was on it's last legs, it kept dropping connection every 10-15 minutes and made looking online very frustrating!

I did a bit of research, looked at the 'popular' brands (Netgear, Linksys etc) but decided to get an ASUS router as I've got a ASUS laptop and it has been faultless. I'm pleased to say this purchase was a good one.

Whats In The Box:
Router
Quick Setup Guide (Not that you need it)
Warranty Info (3 Years)
Power Cable (EU and UK Plugs)
Ethernet Cable
CD

Setup:
It really was as simple as.. plugging all the wires in, switching it on and opening my browser. I was greeted by a 'setup screen' which consists of pressing next and picking a Router password (to access the Admin Page) and a wireless password. I think from opening the box to being online took 2-3 minutes?

Range:
My house is over 100 years old so has thick walls, i've tried a few different routers and most start dropping connection half way across my house. This router has a connection in ALL corners of my home (2-3 out of 5 bars when furthest away from router). In total we've 7 rooms downstairs and 4 upstairs. To reach the furthest room away the router needs to go through 3-4 walls. In the furthest away room i'm achieving 20mb downstream on my 30mb VIrgin Internet connection. All in all, very pleased here!

Looks:
I happen to think it's a smart looking device, blue lights on the front and a nice pattern on the top. The fact it's called 'Dark Knight' is kinda cool to be honest!

GUI Interface:
It's extremely easy for basic and advanced users to access everything they need to, there are tons of settings! I've left everything in Auto/Default and it works flawlessly.

I would say this is an excellent choice, a few days ago I purchased a Cisco EA6300 router (at a slightly higher cost) and it wasn't even half as good as this router. Asus really do make quality products.

Philips Sonicare HX5350/02 CleanCare Rechargeable Toothbrush
Philips Sonicare HX5350/02 CleanCare Rechargeable Toothbrush

5.0 out of 5 stars WoW!, 5 July 2011
This is the first Philips Sonicare toothbrush i have owned. Had many Oral-B toothbrushes. Bought this one expecting it to be 'ok' but my mouth has never felt so clean! All those years I've been using Oral-B (and no offense to them.. but the brush I have with them was about £90) and its never cleaned my teeth like this did even from the off

If you have any reservations don't... its really great!

Page: 1 | 2