Profile for adamc260 > Reviews

Content by adamc260

adamc260

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
EC Technology Type-C USB 3.0 Hub with Charging Port with 4K HDMI and Power Delivery, 1 USB C Port/Type C Recharging Port, 1 HDMI Port and 1 USB 3.0 Port for New Macbook 12'', Chromebook Pixel
Offered by EC Technology UK Store

4.0 out of 5 stars It... half works (Just not with Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro S), 25 April 2016
It does what it says on the tin... but when i plug the charger into it, it stops all the other ports working and does NOT charge the device.

If i use it as a USB Type c to USB/HDMI hub then it works fine.

Not sure if this is just my unit but it will NOT charge the device when I connect the adapter to the USB Type C port on the hub.

-----------------------------

UPDATE 10/05/2016

Company contacted me and were in fairness very apologetic and helpful. They shipped me out a replacement product but unfortunately this still will not provide power AND hdmi/usb. In fairness to this company, I tried about 2-3 other docks and they will all act the same.

The only one that provides power AND hdmi/usb in my experience is the official Samsung dock (Which retails for about £40-50)... not sure if intentional design by Samsung to get you to buy their product, or for safety reasons due to Usb Type C?

UPDATE 11/05/2016
Contacted the company back to inform them, they've refunded me no quibbles or questions, I can't fault the service and I don't necessarily think its the products fault (Like I said before, I've tested A LOT of hubs and I think Samsung have locked their type c port down to only work with theirs - I've tried products costing up to £40-50 that still failed).

Samsung Level Wired On-Ear Audio Cushioned Headphones with Built-In Remote Control and Microphone Compatible with all Smartphones, Tablets, Laptops, and MP3 Devices - White

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor construction and terrible support from Samsung and Amazon, 2 Mar. 2016
Broke less than a year old despite being looked after, where the headphones 'bend' to be put in their case have cracked on both sides

Samsung wont help, Amazon will only refund me and now the same product is twice as expensive.

Great service all round...
Comment Comment | Permalink

Apple Watch Band, JETech 42mm Leather Strap Wrist Band Replacement w/ Metal Clasp for Apple Watch All Models 42mm (Black)
Offered by JEDirect UK

5.0 out of 5 stars A quick way to make it look like a new watch, 23 Dec. 2015
Extremely comfortable and changes the look of the device entirely
Comment Comment | Permalink

Philips HD9220/20 Healthier Oil Free Airfryer - Black
Philips HD9220/20 Healthier Oil Free Airfryer - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Airfryer wins hands down., 13 Dec. 2014
I previously owned an Actifry for about a year and a half so I think i'm in a great position to compare the two products. I bought the Airfryer about 2 weeks and ago and in that time have cooked Home made bread, Muffins, Chips, Bacon, Hashbrowns, Sausages and everything has come out lovely! i'm really impressed how versitile this product is as traditionally people view these as 'Just for chips'.

The Actifry we owned for a year and a half was only ever used for chips, I always thought it produced good results but was let down in a few ways, the paddle would sometimes mash the potatos up, cause bits to fall off, chips to get stuck at the top so you'd have to knock them back into the dish and my biggest annoyance... when it was finished it would beep but not stop!

The Airfryer is the complete opposite, it produces lovely crisp chips with a soft fluffy inside, if I had to deduct a point it would be that you have to shake the chips half way through (Which for the sake of 10-15 seconds isnt the end of the world). Some people say you have to soak the chips for 30 minutes in water, I've only done this once out of... 3 occasions and the results were the same whether I soaked them or just rinsed them briefly. You also cannot just 'pour' the oil over them and let it mix around like in the actifry, I normally just chuck them in a dish and quickly put a bit of virgin olive oil over them and mix it around.

Home made bread - It took 20 minutes in the airfryer (at 160 degrees for those interested) and produced incredible results! Bacon and sausage cooked beautifully, the bacon went lovely and crispy and all the fat was collected in the bottom and well away from the food. We've noticed that food that should be nice and crispy is (Ie: Hashbrowns, Chips) and foods that shouldn't be somehow just aren't (Ie: Cakes.. they go a nice golden colour and are VERY soft and fluffy on the inside).

Overall I prefer the Airfryer, it's more versatile, quieter and takes up less space. I actually wish I bought this instead of my Actifry back in the day as my Actifry suffered similar issues to others and was a real pain to clean.

NOTE: I've never made bread before in my LIFE so this was my first attempt, the cakes I made were also my first attempt in the Airfryer (I've previously made them in the oven).

Samsung Chromebook 2 (13-Inch, Luminous Titan)
Samsung Chromebook 2 (13-Inch, Luminous Titan)

5.0 out of 5 stars A really good device if you can get it at the right price., 19 Sept. 2014
I wanted to write a brief review of this Chromebook as in seems to be getting bashed a lot in performance by reviewers.

I wanted this Chromebooks over others for the 1080p screen and fanless design. The laptop is cool to the touch 99% of the time, even when streaming video its absolutely fine. There is zero noise from the eMMC SSD (Hard Drive) and as the processor is an ARM based one is does NOT have a fan.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LOOKS
The device is compact and is a gunmetal type grey colour with a soft touch 'leather texture' lid. Please don't look at it and go 'Oh god thats awful', when you see it and feel it in person its 100x nicer than you expect.

The device is very slim with a large track pad and very comfortable keyboard, it has dedicated Chrome keys for things like 'Search', 'Refresh', 'Back/Forward', 'Volume' etc. I find myself using the search key more and more, its in easy reach and searches everything online including the store.

PERFORMANCE
The octacore processor gets bashed a lot but I've had 12-13 tabs open with smooth performance, some EXTREMELY heavy websites do not scroll super smoothly but in all honesty out of all the websites i've visited this would be the exception, not the rule.

I've had google play music, netflix, youtube, facebook and multiple other sites running at the same time with no slow down. It can play 1080p content without sweating at all, in fact i've watched quite a few Netflix episodes on here with trouble at all.

This model boots up in about.. 5-6 seconds, runs extremely smoothly and most importantly silently.

SOUND/DISPLAY
The sound quality of the laptop is very good (it has its limits for a small body) but the sound is very loud and definitely not bad at all. The screen is a TN panel and side viewing angles are good but up and down viewing angles aren't the best, you do need to adjust it to find the sweet spot but once you do it's perfectly fine. Would i of preferred an IPS screen... of course!

I truly believe a 13-14 inch screen is the perfect size for portability and usability, the laptop is also extremely light!

STORAGE
One of my favourite things is the Micro SD card slot that is hidden by a cover, this is great for expanding memory and being able to store things on the device if you wanted to. I have a 32gb Micro SD card in mine so in total I have 48gb 'on board' storage and 115gb 'online' storage, plenty if you ask me.

CHROME OS
Chrome OS constantly gets updated, since owning this for a few weeks i've already had a couple of updates and there is a big UI overhaul due in the next few months to coincide with the 'Android L' release, which will make things much more pleasing on the eye.

You can set 'apps' to open in individual windows which makes it feel much more like a traditional computer.

Google has recently updated Chrome OS to run ANDROID APPS now too, there are only a few currently but this opens up endless possibilities!

CUSTOMER SUPPORT
I rang google recently to ask a few things about my device, they actually have a free call back service which connected me to someone in about 60 seconds who answered all my questions. I've seen rumors online of a live chat feature being added to Chrome OS directly which may also feature camera/desktop support but watch this space.

I think what i'm trying to say with this review is, people bash this ARM processor and call it slow. Is it slower than an intel device, perhaps BUT... who is likely to have them side by side? This device is very quick and does everything I need it to.

Don't believe everything you read about benchmarks.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The best £30 you will ever spend, 10 Jun. 2014
I wanted to explain briefly what the chromecast does and how it will be the best £30 ish you will ever spend.

The entire purpose of this device is to share videos, music, pictures from compatiable devices (Phones, Tablets, Computers) to your TV's...

The device supports multiple apps like Netflix, BBC iPlayer etc but it is so much more than that, if you you Chrome on your PC you can cast a tab to the device which opens up the possibilities.... next to ANY video that plays with flash will run (So this now opens up Channel 4, 5od and just about EVERY streaming site!) The great thing with this is, when you cast the tab... if you press 'Full screen' on the video it makes it full screen on your TV but not on your computer so you can still keep using it.

I regularly use it to stream content from multiple websites, play music on it easily and the setup process took literally minutes.

What im trying to say is.... GO BUY ONE!!

SAMAR® - Supreme Quality New Samsung Galaxy TabPro Tab Pro 8.4 Matte Anti Glare Screen Protectors (Released Mar 2014) 3 in Pack - Includes Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
Offered by Wave the Products

2.0 out of 5 stars Anti Glare.... Not a fan, 10 April 2014
I bought the Anti Glare version for my Tab Pro 8.4 but to be honest I'd rather not have it on there, despite what the packaging says it's very noticeable that it is on there. It also has a weird feeling compared to the glass underneath, I do feel it made the screen look quite dull and text was quite fuzzy which is quite surprising given how good clarity is on the screen below.

I've bought screen protectors in the past from other brands and never had an issue, for the price i'll just write it off but wouldn't order again sadly.

Quick delivery however....

Huawei WS322 Wi-Fi Repeater 300Mbps LAN/Ethernet Adaptor, Wi-Fi Range Extender/Booster and Wi-Fi Router (WPS) UK stock

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, 12 Feb. 2014
I've always been a bit sceptical about things like this thinking... they won't work!

I'm pleased to say, this does. It arrived about 10 minutes ago and I had it up and running in minutes.

Plug it in, go to your laptop/tablet/mobile (preferably laptop or tablet) and select the SSD Name (Wireless name) on your list, connect to it. It automatically loaded the setup page, follow the Very easy steps and it's up and running. You still connect to your routers normal SSD but this just boosts the signal.

Now I can go to the very back of my house and still have 4/5 bars at speeds of 20-25MB (Our line is 30mb), we used to get nothing back there before.

The device has a 3 signal indicator that glows green to let you know and it can even be used as a router I believe.

Very pleased :)

LG GP60NS50 Super Multi - DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM drive - USB 2.0
LG GP60NS50 Super Multi - DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM drive - USB 2.0

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin!, 4 Jan. 2014
I needed an external dvd drive thanks to the joys of thinner laptops that no longer include them!

I picked this one, owned quite a few LG products before and never had any troubles with them (I bought another well known korean dvd drive but it didn't work.... No guesses for the make!)

Plugged it in, computer picked it up instantly. Loaded up something to test it, was very quiet in my experience.

It features a few cool features I haven't had chance to really test

1) Silent Play - Apparently it monitors and adjusts the disc speed to keep the noise down
2) Jamless Play - It skips over damaged parts of the disc to stop interruptions.

In all honestly, I've yet to use it fully and i'm sure the above is true but... it looks smart, it's almost the same colour as my laptop and wasn't a rip off in price so I'm happy.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want a fast pc... buy an SSD!, 4 Jan. 2014
I've never owned an SSD Hard Drive before, I've always put up with the stock hard drive in laptops but even on new ones I've found applications slow to open, react etc... I looked into SSD's because the cost had come down significantly from before and it was now a very viable option so here is my honest opinion.

I received the SSD which is actually a good looking EXTREMELY small thing (shame it's going into my laptop eh), I was worried for 2 reasons that a) I wouldn't know how to change it over in my laptop and b) getting my OS onto the new drive.

Luckily, Samsung include data migration software that did EVERYTHING for me at the click of 2 buttons. One point to note, if you bought just the hard drive on it's own you'll need to get a SATA to USB3.0 (or 2.0) cable which can be picked up on here for a few quid, if you bought the samsung kit it should include one. It was a simple case of plugging into the new hard drive whilst it was out of the laptop, hooking up the other end to the USB, starting the program and pressing... Go pretty much. 10-15 minutes later everything copied and it told me to install.

I opened up my laptop, took my hard drive out, did the reverse process to install it, switched it back on about 10 seconds later was on my desktop in amazement!!

There's a second program you need to install, (these come on a disc but can be downloaded from the samsung website, my personal recommendation as it's the newest version). This is called Samsung Magician, this then allows you to update the firmware for the hard drive (Auto done) and 1 click 'optimise' your new SSD (You literally press one button and it does EVERYTHING for you).

I promise, promise, promise this is SUPER simple and I honestly think anyone could do it, i'm currently getting 470MB/Sec Read speeds and 450.7MB/Sec Write speeds. My system loads in seconds, shut downs are so quick you don't notice it, programs install lightning fast.... My windows 8.1 update FLEW so quick when before it took ages (on other laptops).

I honestly believe an SSD is a great investment, it will make it feel like a new computer (My laptop is approx 5 days old and this SSD makes it even feel like an even better newer one!).

Just go get one, you won't be dissapointed :)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3