ARRAY(0x9de93408)

Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "book worm"

Page: 1 | 2
A Faint Cold Fear: (Grant County series 3)
A Faint Cold Fear: (Grant County series 3)
by Karin Slaughter
Price: 5.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloody and Brilliant!!, 13 Sep 2010
I was given a few of Karin Slaughters books from a friend who knows I'm an avid reader. Wasn't sure they were my kind of book til I read the first page...and couldn't put it down! Absolutely fantastic, although not for you if you don't like gore.

I started with this book, and the others I was given are from later in the series. So I've just bought Blindsighted and would like to read them all in order. But individually each book is a great read. I found myself unable to stop reading even while cleaning. Its really not that easy loading a washing machine while trying to read lol.

Fantastic author, Fantastic books, well worth a read!

Spearmark LazyTown Sports Bottle
Spearmark LazyTown Sports Bottle

3.0 out of 5 stars A hit for sportacus fans, but not for mums on the move!, 6 Jun 2008
I bought this for my nephew who I care for while his parents work, he's Sportacus crazy and thinks he actually is him (its very sweet). This was bought as a big boy cup (and to stop him using his anyway up cup as a comforter), but also a cup that we could take out and about without spills. It didn't quite work out that way, don't get me wrong he loves it but unfortunately after a while it wouldn't shut properly so unless its kept upright has the tendency to leak... a lot! I only dicovered this when it had leaked on everything in his little brothers baby bag i.e wet nappies, wet spare clothes, bibs everything! And seeing as we were far from home this was a disaster. It is now only used in the house, so it really is a shame it wasn't made better!

Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, Book 3)
Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, Book 3)
by Kresley Cole
Price: 5.73

5.0 out of 5 stars HOT HOT HOT!, 23 May 2008
I love, love, love this author, this is the best of the series I've read so far.
This book begins while the competition for the Talisman's Hie is still on, and this time Bowen MacRieve (hubba hubba Sebastian was my fave but the beast Bowen has pipped him to my number 1 slot, call me fickle) the Lykae we first met in A Hunger Like No Other is our leading man, he wants to win the Hie to be reunited with his mate who died more than a century ago. But his single minded goal veers off course whenever he's faced with fellow competitor, Mariketa the Awaited a Witch. This makes Bowen ever angrier as he has a deep mistrust of Witches. Mariketa is just as shocked to find herself rapidly falling in lust with Bowen.
This installment has everything, moments that make you laugh out loud, love scenes so hot I'm suprised the book didnt set on fire(and made me need to take a cold shower, tip : have a boyfriend on hand for after you've read this ha ha). And also parts when you feel the characters pain along with them. The dialogue is as ever excellent and we catch up with characters we've met before, Nix the Valkyrie is my fave (or should I call her nucking futs nix, love that name)and we meet the witches from Mari's coven who are a welcome addition although not featured as much as I thought they'd be.
In conclusion brilliant, excellent, fabulous, wonderful I could go on but I won't I'm just eagerly awaiting the next book and may even kiss my postman when he brings it ha ha. Happy reading.

Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, Book 1)
Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, Book 1)
by Kresley Cole
Price: 5.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Believe the hype!, 20 May 2008
I bought this book after reading the reviews, and I'm happy to say I wasn't disappointed!
The story takes you straight to the action and keeps up the pace for the rest of the book. Lachlain from the description sounds delicious,and Emmaline is very sweet but discovers her inner strength as the story develops. The love scenes are HOT HOT HOT (made me sorry I'm single ha ha)but you can really see how the bond between them grows even as "family" threatens to tear them apart.
I have already ordered books 2 & 3 and can't wait for them to arrive. This was my first Kresley Cole book but it certainly won't be my last!!

Daniel & Ian: For Now, Forever\In from the Cold (Macgregors)
Daniel & Ian: For Now, Forever\In from the Cold (Macgregors)
by Nora Roberts

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!, 17 May 2008
Having read all of the MacGregors series I had been waiting for this one, and boy was it worth the wait! Even though the rest of the series is about him matchmaking for his children/grandchildren its Daniel you fall in love with each time. Anna is a wonderful woman and when we go back to when she fell in love with Daniel, we see what a spunky forward thinking young woman she was. Her and Daniels battles are well written showing that his habit of thinking he knows best was something he was born with. I loved that Anna had her own mind and ignored all gossip to follow her heart. An excellent book.
The additional story of Ian MacGregor a look back generations before Daniel existed is also wonderful, an unexpected treat. I love how Nora writes of strong women even in times when they were seen as the "weaker sex". In conclusion yet one more reason I love Nora Roberts, her books are witty, passionate and heartfelt, I finish her books feeling I know the characters and am always sad to reach the last page.

Special Delivery.
Special Delivery.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great escapism!, 17 May 2008
This review is from: Special Delivery. (Paperback)
This was the first Danielle Steele novel I read, and it certainly wasn't the last. A lot more of a relaxed plotline about an older couple faced with a visit from the stork when they thought that time of their life was long gone. WRONG!!! It shows how the couple cope(or not in some cases)and also how their grown children deal with the thought of a baby sibling. This book is unrealistic at times but for escapism its you cant beat ms steeles books!

Once in Paris (MIRA)
Once in Paris (MIRA)
by Diana Palmer

5.0 out of 5 stars One of her best1, 6 May 2008
This review is from: Once in Paris (MIRA) (Paperback)
Im a huge Diana palmer fan and am gradually building up my collection. This is one of my favourites, Brianne isn't a simpering female (which I admit sometimes annoys me in diana's books) she goes after Pierce quite single mindedly at times. This story had action, some steamy love scenes and a great ending so thumbs up from me. Im awaiting delivery of Paper Rose which I belive follows this book so I'm looking forward to reading it and finding out if its as good as this book.

Highland Conqueror (Zebra Historical Romance)
Highland Conqueror (Zebra Historical Romance)
by Hannah Howell

5.0 out of 5 stars At last Sigimor's story!, 22 April 2008
Having read nearly all of Hannah Howells highland series and the wonderful Sigimor playing a supporting role in some of them I was thrilled to finally read his story. And what a story with Sigimor meeting his match in a fiery english woman (and dont his family love that - NOT) this was a book i could'nt put down. With the usual steamy love scenes and humour this a great read which any fan will love to add to their collection.

Beauty and the Beast
Beauty and the Beast
by Hannah Howell
Price: 4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Another cracker from howell, 22 April 2008
This story features Gytha and Thayer also known as the "Red Devil" due in part to his flaming red hair. I really enjoyed this book and would recommend this to fans of Hannah's highland series and her other books, an excellent read! And I just want to add that when writing reviews please don't do a summery of the whole book as i read a review recently that basically told me the whole plot line including who the villains were and what happened which made me not buy the book because i felt I'd already read it!

Lazy Town Baseball Bat & Ball
Lazy Town Baseball Bat & Ball

4.0 out of 5 stars Bargain!, 22 April 2008
I have a 3 year old nephew who is Sportacus mad and really wanted the basebell bat he had seen in the show, so when i saw this I was thrilled and even happier when I saw the price! The bat is made of hard plastic but looks pretty durable. My only complaint and the reason I didn't give this product 5 stars is the ball is plastic and it would have been better made of foam, but other than that this is a great toy that gets your kids out and exercising and is a fantastic price!

Page: 1 | 2