Profile for R. Compton > Reviews

Content by R. Compton

R. Compton

Orchard Toys Orchard Toys Party Party Party!
Orchard Toys Orchard Toys Party Party Party!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, 11 Feb. 2015
My niece is 5 and likes this game, although she doesn't like it when you land on a turn and she has to lose an item out of her handbag! It's rather basic so I personally prefer other games in this range.

GEM Camera Case for Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ55, DMC-TZ60, DMC-ZS35, DMC-ZS40, with quick release belt loop and shoulder strap
Offered by GEM Bags & Cases

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 11 Feb. 2015
Great product. My Lumix fits perfectly. Very protective.

Mylek 5 Litres Steam Detergent Citrus Splash For Steam Mops + Built In Water Softener
Offered by Sales Direct Online

1.0 out of 5 stars Smells terrible!, 11 Feb. 2015
Smells terrible, not like citrus and burns the back of your throat. We poured it away.

H2O H20 Mop X5 5 in 1 Portable Steam Mop Multi Purpose Floor & Window Cleaner Carpet Steamer Garment Upholstery Oven Hob Steamer Upright & Hand Held Steamer Steam Jet (Red)
Offered by CostMad-UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible product - avoid!, 11 Feb. 2015
Terrible product which we returned. Basically it leaked too much water which made the steam ineffective. We returned and got a full refund, but I am surprised by all the rave reviews.

And the Mountains Echoed
And the Mountains Echoed

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this author and this book did not disappoint!, 10 May 2014
Having read the Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Sons, I had high expectations for this novel and Hosseini did not disappoint. Hosseini manages to combine rich characters and settings across different generations and countries. He makes you fall in love with his main characters in a way that so many other authors fall short. His characters always stay with me and leave me wanting more!

The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul
The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul

2.0 out of 5 stars An easy read, 10 May 2014
This is a quick read, but I like my books to immerse me into the lives of the characters and their surroundings and this book could have done better at this. The characters were a little one dimensional.

PLUTO - Classic Metal Ceiling Light Shade - Olive Green
PLUTO - Classic Metal Ceiling Light Shade - Olive Green
Offered by Robert Matthew Lighting

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value light shade, 10 May 2014
Love the colour. It's a little larger than I thought it would be, but it works well in our study and makes a statement.

Clean Cut (Anna Travis series Book 3)
Clean Cut (Anna Travis series Book 3)

1.0 out of 5 stars Daily mail trash - avoid at all cost!, 10 May 2014
I had to panic buy a book as I was going somewhere with no wifi for a few days and wanted a book for my kindle. This was high in the charts so thought I'd give it a go. Big mistake! It's utter rubbish....a bland love story combined with loads of nonsense that would make the reader believe that all immigrants are here to rape and murder them.

Samsung BD-F5100 Network Blu-ray and DVD Player
Samsung BD-F5100 Network Blu-ray and DVD Player

1.0 out of 5 stars Returned this DVD player immediately as it was too noisy, 26 Aug. 2013
I've always loved Samsung products as they are high quality, reliable and generally last a long time. I therefore decided that when my old DVD player packed up, I'd go with Samsung. The machine looks great for the price and I thought it was great to have a few added extras like iplayer HOWEVER as soon as you put a DVD in the player it was too noisy to concentrate on the movie. We returned it immediately.

Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000 Webcam
Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000 Webcam
Offered by Flogit2us

4.0 out of 5 stars Webcam review, 11 Mar. 2009
Great webcam, very clear picture and has built in sound. Easy set-up, just plug in and go. Shame it doesnt have a clip feature to secure it onto the top of a laptop though.