Profile for Mamalicious > Reviews

Mamalicious (Lancashire, UK.)

Trail Envelope With Hood Sleepingbag
Trail Envelope With Hood Sleepingbag

5.0 out of 5 stars trail envelope -, 15 Sept. 2013
bought this item to be used for visiting friends and family. Very warm although no idea whether it would be as warm outside. good quality and would recommend.

Classical Music for the Reader 3: Great Masterpieces for the Dedicated Reader
Classical Music for the Reader 3: Great Masterpieces for the Dedicated Reader

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy listening., 15 Sept. 2013
Great to listen to in the bath. - not just for reading to. very relaxing and also good value for money.

3m Ribbon - Wide Satin (Turquoise)
3m Ribbon - Wide Satin (Turquoise)
Offered by AONESTATIONERY

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, 15 Sept. 2013
This review is from: 3m Ribbon - Wide Satin (Toy)
We needed some silky blue ribbon (to replace pink ribbon) for a bow tie for a large cuddly toy donated to our son. ( Daddy's orders...no pink allowed!!) The ribbon arrived quickly and was well packaged. Excellent quality and will use this supplier again. Thank you.

The Biggest Loser Challenge (Wii)
The Biggest Loser Challenge (Wii)

5.0 out of 5 stars First rate for overall fitness., 21 Jan. 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
My hubby and I decided that gym membership was an expensive way to NOT exercise so after reading the reviews we decided to take the plunge, and so far ( 1 week) we haven't regretted it.

I used to be very fit but over the past 5 years, marriage/ wine/chocolate and baies have taken their toll on the pair of us. I was pleasantly surprised how quickly my fitness level returned with this "game". Very very enjoyable, particularly with the extra challenges they set you. Yes Folks, fitness can be fun!

There is a great mix of cardio/ yoga / box fitness etc to suit all requirements and you can add extras such as the balance ball and reistance band if you prefer.

The presenters are very motivational and aren't patronising in the least if you need a breather.

I wish I was gorgeous as my avatar though!

The exercise diary is scheduled over the week and so far we've both stuck to it, quite happily in fact.

Overall, thoroughly recommended. Get this if you want to get fit/lose weight or just want to have an alternative to the normal boring exercise dvd's.

The Man With The Golden Torc: Secret Histories Book 1: Man with the Golden Torc Bk. 1 (GOLLANCZ S.F.)
by Simon R. Green

5.0 out of 5 stars It's the "TORC" of the town!!, 11 Aug. 2007
Further to the review from "Clairefromwales", I agree with many of her points but to compare Edwin Drood with Owen Deathstalker is a mistake. The whole point of this story is that it is based in a version of reality that we call "home" so it can't possibly be as varied as the deathstalker worlds.

However, I can honestly say that this book is one of the best reads I've had in a long time. I was thinking about the characters whilst at work, and I was dreaming about the plot etc in bed. It really got under my skin which, after all, is the whole point of a book.

What more can I say, if you don't buy this book, you will have missed out on something wonderful, and your life should feel slightly lacking for it!

I can't wait for the sequel. Rock and Roll Mr Green!! Five stars all the way!

Full Moon Rising (Riley Jenson Guardian Series)
Full Moon Rising (Riley Jenson Guardian Series)
by Keri Arthur

5.0 out of 5 stars "No sex please, we're british!", 6 May 2007
At long last, we have a book that embodies all the excellent qualities of paranormal romance without all the unnecessary sexual marathons of "Anita Blake-esque" novels. Yes, there is a good dollop of "hot loving" in this book but just the right amount. Call me a prude, but I don't think it's a quality read when the leading lady bonks 3 different shifters or vamps on the way to the supermarket, then a further 10 on the return journey. This does tend to result in a "same old - same old".

The story itself is gritty and punchy and highlights Riley, the protagonist, as a kick ass were/vamp hybrid with a conscience. The love interest Quinn is deadly yet affable and I would most certainly like to meet him in a dark alley. Yes, hang onto your knicker elastic, this one's going to be a bumby ride!

All in all, a really enjoyable read. The characters were believeable and the plot convincing. A welcome deviation from the normal were/vamp paranormal romance novels, one that focuses on plot and an actual story as opposed to how many sexual positions the author can fit into 1 chapter!

I'm just about to buy all the books in this series. Yes, they're that good! Definately clear a space in your study - this one's a keeper.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 10, 2009 10:35 PM BST

L'Equip 110.5 Pulp Ejector Centrifugal Juicer - White
L'Equip 110.5 Pulp Ejector Centrifugal Juicer - White

5.0 out of 5 stars What a little pocket rocket!!! 5 ***** all the way!!, 2 Aug. 2006
I ordered this model on Sunday and received it today so of course I immediately unloaded it and got cracking with the carrots and oranges. First of all, I was surprised at how quiet it is - my mum has a different juicer and that sounds like a combine harvester on speed! This one makes a simple humming noise. Very elegant!

After reading loads of reviews on Amazon, I knew to look out for a dry residue in the waste bucket thus ensuring plentiful juice in the glass. Well, I'm pleased to report that the residue/ pulp was very dry indeed - I simply tipped the container upside down over the bin - job done.

The juice itself was gorgeous. No splashing from the machine AT ALL, and my half pint glass was full in about 15 seconds - making short work of 3 apples and 4 carrots... and a dash of ginger. Top tip though, the taste is certainly improved by adding some ice.

I quaffed that glass in record time - amazed at how unlike carrot carrot juice tastes like...if that makes sense!

As I'm a bit of a gadget freak, and quietly pleased that I hadn't wasted my 95 quid on another dust gathering machine, I threw in some oranges and carrots. Another gorgeous drink.

What can I say..I'm a juicer convert.

Cleaning it was very simple indeed. No special tools required or fiddly components to clean. It came apart very easily and it just needed a rinse through. The filter needed an extra scrub but nothing too taxing. All done in a couple of minutes tops.

All in all, I have to say that I'm very very impressed with this machine. It's well worth spending a little bit extra for quality. As my mum has always said "You get what you pay for" - shame she didn't spend a bit more on her juicer then, isn't it?
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 15, 2009 5:02 PM GMT

Abby Cooper: Psychic Eye: A Psychic Eye Mystery (Psychic Eye Mysteries)
Abby Cooper: Psychic Eye: A Psychic Eye Mystery (Psychic Eye Mysteries)
by Laurie Victoria
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars "I can see clearly now...", 1 Oct. 2005
It's 1am and I've just finished the book. What a cracker! I've just logged on to order the 2nd one in the series. Its not Pride and Prejudice but it does offer more than the average Chick Lit. Apparently the author is a genuine Clairvoyant who wanted to portray a more truthful explanation of what clairvoyancy is and how she uses her own gift. The story is about a girl who is clairvoyant and who runs her own business. she gradually offers clues to the local police dept, one hunky man in particular, which in turn help towards the resolution of a murder mystery. Basically, it's a modern Miss Marple with a twist. Very funny in parts but with equal measure of suspense and drama, I'd definately recommend this page turner. Bring on the next one!!

The Fairy Godmother: A Tale of the Five Hundred (Five Hundred Kingdoms)
The Fairy Godmother: A Tale of the Five Hundred (Five Hundred Kingdoms)
by Mercedes Lackey
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Oooh...that's magic!, 1 Oct. 2005
This is my first Mercedes Lackey book and I'm very pleased to say it certainly won't be my last. I originally chose the title purely because the idea of leaning on the fairytale theme was appealing. I disagree with one of the readers comments - the one from Ireland - who said it was very boring in the beginning. It had to start at the lowest point in the cinderella - esque character's life in order to develop the story and to clarify how one could manipulate the elements to, perhaps, change the fairy tale's path. The character descriptions were spot on and I finished the book almost wishing I could BE a Godmother...what a fantastic job that would be! All in all, a fine lighthearted read that will having you both laughing out loud and nibbling your nails with nervous tension. Go on..buy it!!