Profile for E. Rottner > Reviews

Content by E. Rottner

E. Rottner

One Direction Red SLAP WRIST BAND Criss Cross Bracelet Jewellery & 1D HAIR CLIPS Accessories Gift Set

2.0 out of 5 stars Slap band is poor quality, 16 April 2014
I purchased this as a gift for my 8 year old daughter (part of a birthday gift). Unfortunately the slap band is either damaged or closes in the shape of an odd shaped square/rectangle rather than in a circle around the wrist. She doesn't want to return it but is clearly disappointed.

Carl Czerny  The School Of Velocity Op.299 (Complete) Pf (Schirmer's Library of Musical Classics)
Carl Czerny The School Of Velocity Op.299 (Complete) Pf (Schirmer's Library of Musical Classics)
by Various
Edition: Sheet music
Price: 5.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Studies for the intermediate pianist, 8 Jan 2014
An excellent collection of studies to improve speed, nimbleness and strength of fingering - from the man considered to be the forefather of contemporary piano technique.

Contigo 21234 Double Wall Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Tumbler, Silver
Contigo 21234 Double Wall Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Tumbler, Silver
Offered by Gizoo - Gadgets & Gifts
Price: 26.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Eventually not leak proof, 8 Jan 2014
Conceptually excellent, worked fantastically initially however unfortunately it started leaking from one side under the lid - I would have expected if it leaked from anywhere it would have been from the drinking outlet. Very disappointing as until the leak it was brilliant

Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000  (Retail Packaging)
Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 (Retail Packaging)
Offered by M.T.
Price: 16.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Super for MAC OSX Snow Leopard, 2 Sep 2011
I was looking for a decent Skype headset for my Macbook pro and reluctantly purchased this Microsoft product, mainly due to not really knowing whether it would be compatible out of the box. Put simply it worked with no effort. The sound quality for a headset priced at the 15 mark is very respectable. It's perfect for Skype, listening to music, Rosetta Stone language tutorial software and Im sure I'll find other uses for the product.

The controller is handy, I can control the volume and mute my Mic all from this handy unit.

In summary, it's well packaged, the quality seems really good (I have purchased far more expensive headphones which feel inferior), it's simple to use across operating systems without the need to load additional driver software.

I was going to give it four stars but really for the money the quality and ease of use far exceeded my expectations so for this alone a firm five!

I highly recommend this product.

The Official DSA Guide to Hazard Perception [DVD]
The Official DSA Guide to Hazard Perception [DVD]
by Driving Standards Agency
Edition: DVD

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as bad as other reviews might suggest, 30 Aug 2008
I was fortunate enough to be lent this DVD and in conjunction with the Theory CD passed my theory test first time around. That said, I am learning to ride a motorcycle as an experienced driver. The DVD progressively explains Hazards with a gradual emphasis on differentiating static hazards from Developing ones (ie ones which absolutely force a driver/rider to change speed or direction). This much is fairly obvious. I think to fully grasp the material it is worthwhile viewing 3 or 4 times to pick up on the subtleties and in spite of the narrators explaining that there is no benefit in resitting the example tests, I think it all reinforces the learning process so I would disagree.

However the major failing is not so much the lack of explanation of what a Developing Hazard is, it is more the very few practise clips available. Equally I am not convinced that the tests always register the responses accurately which sometimes makes you think that you have performed badly when in actual fact if you made the same decisions in the real test you would have been successful.

I would recommend if you are serious about passing your test that you get you hands on a copy of this DVD. I sat the test without any additional lessons since passing my driving test 16 years ago and all I can say is that it worked for me.

I hope this helps.

Flymo Venturer 320 Roller 1000W Electric Wheel
Flymo Venturer 320 Roller 1000W Electric Wheel

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job at hand, 26 Oct 2006
A reasonable attempt at a low cost lawnmover. Most suitable for flatter surfaces, equally is at its best when grass is dry.

Good Points

===========

Doesn't cost the earth

Relatively simple to assemble from boxed

Does the job easily

Comes with permanently attached cable (see below too)

Height adjustment

Safety button isolates motor switches

Bad Points

==========

In assembling, a reasonable amount of force required to attach upper to lower arms.

Feels and looks cheaply made

Comes with permanently attached cable (see above)

Wheel adjustable height is flimsy at best

Grass collection is awful when grass is wet.

Grass collector is flimsy

Sometimes even a small amount of grass jams the blade rotation.