Profile for David1556 > Reviews

Content by David1556

David1556

EasyAcc® HTC ONE Leather Case Flip Case Cover Wallet Case Bumper Pouch with Stand Card Holder for HTC ONE M7 - Black / Full Body Protector / Premium PU Leder

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 14 Nov 2013
I bought this for my new HTC one. I upgraded from the HTC XL which I dropped and broke the glass. Even after repairing it didn't work properly. More importantly I found my insurance woefully inadequate and coverage virtually non existent. Therefore I wanted a cover that would protect my phone completely and look stylish at the same time.
This fits the bill perfectly. The phone sits in the cover snugly and the cover completely covers the screen. It feels good in your hand and I don't worry about scuffing the cover or the phone. It doesn't make the phone feel bulky and it's just perfect in my jeans pocket or jacket.
I'd highly recommend this product. Oh and if you are wondering if I've dropped my phone. Yes and thanks to the cover it's perfectly fine.

TeckNet® iEP392 12000mAH Heavy Duty 2.1A/1A Dual USB Ports External Battery Pack for the new iPad 3, new iPad mini, iPad2, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S/4/3Gs/3G, iPod Touch all versions; Samsung Galaxy Note/Nexus/S3/S2/S; HTC Titan, Sensation, ONE S/V/X, EVO Thunderbolt, Desire; LG Optimus series; Blackberry Bold, Curve, Torch; Motorola Razr HD/MAXX & Bionic, Atrix/2; Nokia Lumia 700/800/900 and GoPro (iEP392 Heavy Duty 5V/2.1A/1A high speed charger)
Offered by TECKNET

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised, 2 Aug 2012
Bought this as I was travelling to India and needed back up to charge my HTC sensation on long journeys. I used it a couple of times before hand and was surprised at how easy to use and how quickly it charged my phone. On average I would get 4 charges out before I had to recharge the battery pack. I made sure I would recharge it over night before using it again. At least 8hours of charge each time.

I was pleasantly surprised at how handy it was to carry the device in my back pocket while my phone was charging in my front pocket. I didn't want to leave my phone in a bag charging while travelling as chances were some light fingered thief could walk away with a bag. It was light and compact and fitted easily into my back pocket of my shorts.

I am not sure about the life of the device or how long it holds charge between charges, but for my needs it fits the bill perfectly. It also helped that it comes with a range of fittings so I could charge my camera and video recorder. I wish I could have tried some other items but was limited to smaller items.

Recommended for its compact design, ease of use, and weight.

Skechers Mens Rubicon Shoes Black 10 UK
Skechers Mens Rubicon Shoes Black 10 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy footwear, 24 Nov 2011
Stylish, comfortable and hard wearing, everything I need in a boot. Not sure how well they will hold up in winter, or in heavy rain, but am happy with them for now.

The Grinch [DVD] [2000]
The Grinch [DVD] [2000]
Dvd ~ Jim Carrey
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Grinchtastic., 21 July 2011
This review is from: The Grinch [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
I bought this for the kids and they loved it. They have watched it a dozen times and don't seem to tire of it. My only problem with it was that Jim Carrey seems to do the same thing in all of his films and after awhile his acting got predictable.

Need For Speed: Undercover (Wii)
Need For Speed: Undercover (Wii)
Offered by GamersCorner

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 21 July 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this for my seven year old, but ended up playing it as much as he did, ok more. Only thing wrong with the game is some of the graphics are a bit slow. Still great fun, and you can pimp out your ride.

The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire (Classics of World Literature)
The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire (Classics of World Literature)
by Edward Gibbon

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read, 21 July 2011
An excellent book, well researched and written. A must read. It makes the life of the Roman Empire come to life and is easy to understand. A definite recommendation if you are at all interested in the Roman Empire.

Blood's A Rover
Blood's A Rover
by James Ellroy

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 21 July 2011
This review is from: Blood's A Rover (Paperback)
I had been given the first two books as a gift and looked forward to the third one with great anticipation. I was slightly disappointed as it didn't seem set the same frantic pace as the first two, the characters, although hold their own, aren't as complex and exciting as in American Tabloid, and most disappointingly was that the first book was so good it is impossible to match. Still an excellent read on its own.

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest (Millennium Trilogy Book 3)
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest (Millennium Trilogy Book 3)
by Stieg Larsson

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read, 21 July 2011
Having read the first two books I was looking forward to finding what happened in the third installment of the series. I was not disappointed. The story moves at a fast pace, the end of a chapter leaves you in suspense, and the ending is as surprising as the main character. An excellent read, one to keep.