Profile for PJ Rankine > Reviews

Content by PJ Rankine
Top Reviewer Ranking: 462

PJ Rankine (Wallington, Surrey United Kingdom)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Duronic HS12 - 2 Way HDMI Splitter box - LATEST High Performing HDMI TECHNOLOGY - 1 input 2 output - Full HD 1080p 3D enabled - Displays 1 HD source to 2 TV's
Offered by DURONIC

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money for me I'm afraid, 30 Sep 2014
I bought this splitter to split a 3D signal from the latest Sony blu ray player to both a legacy amp and a TV. It split the signal but wouldn't pass it in 3D. Waste of money for me I'm afraid.

Dynamic Fat Burner 800 mg Coffee Bean Extract with GCA Natural Weight Loss Supplement - Pack of 60 Capsules

1.0 out of 5 stars A waste of time, 30 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My wife tested these in accordance with a calorie controlled diet and found that she neither lost any more weight than she would have done anyway not did she have any more energy or get up and go from the coffee bean extract. That's not to say it wouldn't work for you. For the record she is a size 14/16 post menopausal 53 year old lady.

Shovel Ready (Spademan 1)
Shovel Ready (Spademan 1)
by Adam Sternbergh

4.0 out of 5 stars Snappy and enjoyable read, 12 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The more conventional amongst you may not like the snappy way this near future sci-fi novel is written. It reads almost like the proof reader has gone mad and removed all the text that fills the story out. As a result the narrative flies along and you never lose your interest in this tale of a hitman in a devastated New York who has second thoughts when he has to track down and kill the daughter of America's leading evangelist. And daddy is the client.

Vax P86-P4-T Pressure Washer
Vax P86-P4-T Pressure Washer

5.0 out of 5 stars Weeds as it cleans!, 11 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I didn't even know that Vax made pressure washers until I got this one but it makes sense with their history of wet and dry cleaners. I have previously had domestic washers by Bosch and Karcher and neither have lasted very long. The main job we use one for is cleaning 60 sq meters of block paved drive and a similar amount of patio, a job I hate but one my wife insists on at least once a year.
The Vax is like the Korean car of pressure washers as it includes every accessory you could want including two pouches of detergent.
Assembly was easy following the clear instructions and I liked the reel mounted beneath the handle to store the hose. Be careful when you rewind it though as the hose's natural tendency to coil could kink it.
I started off using the patio brush but quickly discovered that it is only really suited to lightly soiled jobs. I could see it was cleaning the blocks but barely. So then straight to the turbo nozzle and in for the kill. This nozzle has a sticker warning the user not to use it on cars, point taken.
This nozzle really does the job and you know you're using what is virtually an industrial washer, it powered through the dirt and I cleaned the patio in half the time that my previous washers took. Because it is so effective you'll also find there is less splatter up walls etc but best of all it shreds grass and weeds growing between the cracks. At the beginning of the summer I spent four hours on my knees with a knife weeding the drive and this machine just washed them all away. For that alone it gets five stars.
After cleaning I used the standard jet to sweep/wash all the dirt from the drive. This would have benefited from the ability to widen the spray but was still up to the job.
Once finished the hose was rewound, the cable wrapped around its lugs and the handle stowed in its holder and it all went neatly into the shed.
If you have any doubts about buying a Vax I would say don't hesitate, its a gem.

High Speed 0.3m 1.4a HDMI Cable 1.4V 1080P HD w/ Ethernet 3D Ready HDTV 30cm by Buyincoins
Offered by Hielec(Ship from China)

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow delivery, 9 Sep 2014
Small and neat, this is ideal for a short run connection and appears to be very well made. Delivery was several weeks so don't order it if you're in a hurry.

XMI X-Mini WE XAM17-B Portable Thumb Size Speaker for iPhone/iPad/iPod/MP3 Player/Laptop - Orange

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 9 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I charged up this little barrel shaped speaker and set it on the table in the garden for some music whilst relaxing. It quickly synched with my iPhone via Bluetooth and I pressed play. My wife and I were amazed and yes we really did say 'Wow'. The volume and quality of sound that came out of such a small speaker was amazing. I usually fight to find the weight allowance to take my Bose speaker on holiday with me but I shall now just slip this in my pocket. It will easily fill a hotel room with sound and would provide enough volume if you wanted to listen to it on the beach. The volume is controlled by the device you're using, the only controls on the speaker are on, off and synch and a light shows you the battery status when it is on. We listened for about three hours without it running out.
You don't get a charger included but there is a three way cable that has USB, mini USB and a jack for connecting non Bluetooth enabled devices like an iPod. This cable will connect to most phone chargers and its only a few inches long so is easy to carry around.
For me this has just become a holiday essential, no more standing my iPhone in a glass!

The Expendables 3 [DVD]
The Expendables 3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sylvester Stallone

4.0 out of 5 stars Redemption for Expendables 2, 31 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Expendables 3 [DVD] (DVD)
I was disappointed with the second film but this goes a long way towards making up for it. After a mission goes wrong and the boys escape by the skin of their teeth Sly lets them go because he doesn't want to risk their lives in the next job which is to locate and capture his nemesis played by Mel Gibson to great effect. He assembles a team of youngsters and successfully capture Mr Gibson but it all goes horribly wrong and the team are captured and spirited off to a tin pot Eastern European country where Mel holds sway.
Cue the old gang setting off to the rescue and let loose the dogs of war as all hell breaks loose.
The body count is enormous but the fake blood bill is very low and no one really cares about the anonymous baddies anyway.
Its all great fun and is like watching a video game with bad jokes every now and again.

Womens Skechers Go Walk 2 Navy Comfort Shoes SIZE 6
Womens Skechers Go Walk 2 Navy Comfort Shoes SIZE 6
Offered by Shoestore

5.0 out of 5 stars The best walking shoes, 28 Aug 2014
My wife bought some of these in pink on holiday for her long walks and loves them so much she bought these in Navy to wear at work where she is on her feet all day. Don't be tempted to buy the Go Walk 1 unless you need a smaller size because she got them first and they came up too small

Oral-B Braun CrossAction Replacement Rechargeable Toothbrush Heads - (Pack of 4 Refills)

5.0 out of 5 stars A genuine improvement, 28 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I didn't really expect much from these replacement heads despite the different design but I was pleasantly surprised to find today that I could feel the bristles getting between my teeth more ( I have very small gaps) and afterwards they felt cleaner and smoother.

The Ploughmen
The Ploughmen
by Kim Zupan

5.0 out of 5 stars Bleakly beautiful, 27 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Ploughmen (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I had to warn my mother-in-law as she asked to borrow this book that not only does it not have a happy ending, it doesn't even contain any happiness. It may be the bleakest novel I have read but conversely it is so beautifully written that I couldn't put it down.
The story concerns a grizzled old serial killer in custody and a young deputy who is assigned to guard him on the night shift to try to get him to talk.
All they have in common is a farming background hence the title, The Ploughman.
During the long dark nights they come to an understanding that only leads to more violence.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20