Profile for MC > Reviews

Elemis Skin Buff 50ml
Elemis Skin Buff 50ml
Offered by Beauté Définie LONDON

5.0 out of 5 stars Best exfoliator yet invented, 6 April 2014
I've been using Elemis Skin Buff for years and it is truly a superb product. Gentle, yet effective. Nice to see it on Amazon at mildly sensible prices.

You don't need to use a lot of product: a baked bean sized blob will do the job. It is expensive, but a 50ml tube will last a good while.

Morning Star - Sandalwood Incense
Morning Star - Sandalwood Incense
Offered by Zen Minded

5.0 out of 5 stars I try never to be without this, 6 April 2014
This review is from: Morning Star - Sandalwood Incense
I take this everywhere I go. It is by far the nicest sandalwood incense I have ever tried. Visitors to my house remark on it. Superb prices and service from the seller 'Zen Minded' also.

Morning Star - Jasmine Incense
Morning Star - Jasmine Incense
Offered by Vectis Karma

2.0 out of 5 stars Not 'feeling the love' for this one I'm afraid, 6 April 2014
This review is from: Morning Star - Jasmine Incense
I'm quite surprised at the smell of this, considering that all the other 'Morning Star' incense varieties I've tried have been so good. It smells nothing like jasmine, and has a bit of a 'petrolly' tang to it. Dare I say it, even faintly of wee? Not nice at all.

Green Tea Morning Star Stick Incense & Holder (50 pack)
Green Tea Morning Star Stick Incense & Holder (50 pack)
Offered by Vectis Karma

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the nicest scent in the Morning Star range, 6 April 2014
As above.

I simply love it. A fresh, 'green' fragrance somewhere between 'lemongrass' and 'Chanel No 19'.

As with all Morning Star scents, it is subtle and not overpowering. Excellent prices and service from seller 'Zen Minded' too.

Balsam Riga Black 0.5L 45% Alc.
Balsam Riga Black 0.5L 45% Alc.
Offered by WhiskyXXL

5.0 out of 5 stars This tastes disgusting, 4 April 2014
No-one would ever drink this stuff for pleasure. Don't believe what the promotional blurb says. Or to put it another way, I have travelled extensively in the Baltics and have *never* seen anyone drinking it.

It is hideously expensive to buy on Amazon (especially when it costs less than 10 Euros locally), but it is simply the best night time remedy for chesty colds and flu. Two shots, each down in one, and you'll breathe more easily and sleep like a baby.

The recipe is a secret, formulated in 1700-odd, but it contains I'm sure - amongst other things - oak moss and lime blossom which each have a long history of use to relieve coughs and lower fever.

Apparently Riga Black Balsam was a firm favourite with Catherine the Great as a cure-all. What greater accolade.

MiniSun 4w LED BC B22 Clear Candle Bulb with 36 x SMD LEDs - 330 Lumens - Warm White
Offered by The Light Factory

5.0 out of 5 stars First Class service from 'The Light Company', 8 Feb 2014
As above.

Next day delivery via Royal Mail First Class post, despite not having paid the extra for this. Much appreciated when I have no spare bulb at hand for a bedside light.

In all honesty, the light is a tad yellower - and less bright - than the 40W tungsten filament bulb it replaced, but if it uses as little power and lasts as long as claimed, then I'm happy.

Cyberjammies Sole Statement Print Chemise Women's Nightdress Blue Mix Size 18
Cyberjammies Sole Statement Print Chemise Women's Nightdress Blue Mix Size 18

3.0 out of 5 stars Very small to size and a strange 'tubular' cut, 24 Jan 2014
I agree with a comment made by a previous reviewer that the model must be a size 0 wearing a size 14 which is pinned behind to give the impression of an 'A line'. The fabric is also rather cheap-looking and not particularly well sewn.

A shame since I wanted to like it. I much prefer a chemise to any other kind of nightwear, and it would be nice to find some in cotton which don't look as though they're intended for grannies.

JML Bobble Off Lint Remover
JML Bobble Off Lint Remover
Offered by CostMad-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Brought up a rather tatty-looking cardigan like new!, 24 Jan 2014
This review is from: JML Bobble Off Lint Remover
This looks rather plasticky and I was cynical about how well it would work or last, but thought it had to be worth a shot for £5.99 to rescue a cardigan I'd otherwise have binned.

The lint remover works brilliantly. Said cardigan and many other bobbled woollies are now like new. :-)

My tips are to lay the garment out on a flat surface such as an ironing board, and go slowly with the grain. Empty the fluff container when half full, and blow the fluff off the cutting heads for maximum effectiveness.

LED Lenser P3BM Professional Key Ring Torch (Black) - Test It Pack
LED Lenser P3BM Professional Key Ring Torch (Black) - Test It Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars A torch which punches well above its weight, 28 Dec 2013
Like another reviewer, I also have the Lenser P7. Impressive. However I am more impressed by this little beastie. More expensive torches have been kicked to the kerb by something half the size and which fits on a key ring.

Philips Sonicare HX6064/26 Diamond Clean Brush Heads Pack of 4
Philips Sonicare HX6064/26 Diamond Clean Brush Heads Pack of 4

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 27 Nov 2013
I never thought I'd rave about a toothbrush head, but there you go.

I drink a lot of tea, which of course stains your teeth. My teeth felt cleaner and were noticeably whiter after just ONE use of the Diamond Clean brush head, using ordinary toothpaste.

Why Sonicare never made these in the first place, I can't imagine. They are a quantum leap from previous Sonicare heads, but thankfully are still compatible with the old brush.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8