Profile for MC > Reviews

Content by MC

MC (Surreyshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Ladies 1 Pair Charnos 100 Denier Opaque Tights In 7 Colours - Extra Large - Navy
Offered by SockShop

1.0 out of 5 stars Inferior product for the price charged - do not buy, 9 Dec 2014
As above.

I followed the size guide and ordered the 'Extra Large'. At £7 a pair I'm expecting a good quality product and fit.

Not so.

I am 5 ft 9, and 34" waist. The legs are far too short and the 'panty' part simply voluminous. It rolls down. The tights themselves are so rough that they look hand-knitted rather than smooth and sleek.

Absolutely not worth the price when Asda can knock out three pairs of finer-knit and better-fitting tights for less.

Nourish: Mind, Body & Soul
Nourish: Mind, Body & Soul
by Amber Rose

1.0 out of 5 stars I wouldn't waste my money, 9 Dec 2014
I haven't bought this book - I simply wouldn't waste my money - but clearly neither have plenty of the other people 'reviewing' it, either.

As far removed from the everyday struggles of working men and women as Sadie Frost is from any shade of working life and parenthood.

Has she ever had a job? ie. a proper one? 'Designing' knickers while shacked up with pop / film stars doesn't count.

Balaji Chandanam Sandalwood Incense Sticks (1 unit x 15 sticks)
Balaji Chandanam Sandalwood Incense Sticks (1 unit x 15 sticks)
Offered by Indiabazaar

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely incense - though I wouldn't describe it as 'sandalwood', 5 Dec 2014
In fact, the description on the box is 'aloeswood'. It's a dry, powdery scent I can't describe. Caron 'Tabac Blond' comes closest.

Yes it's expensive at £3.99 for 15 sticks, but the fragrance is intense, and it lasts for ages.

Balaji Chandan, Pure Mysore Sandalwood Incense (1 unit x 15 sticks)
Balaji Chandan, Pure Mysore Sandalwood Incense (1 unit x 15 sticks)
Offered by Indiabazaar

5.0 out of 5 stars Aaaah - sandalwood, 5 Dec 2014
This incense is simply fabulous.

Yes, it's expensive at £3.99 for 15 sticks, but it fragrances a large space beautifully with an authentic sandalwood scent which lasts.

Envirosax Bloom Bag 2 -  Purple Peony by Ecohandy
Envirosax Bloom Bag 2 - Purple Peony by Ecohandy

5.0 out of 5 stars Attractive bags, 28 Oct 2014
Bags which proclaim "Ooh! Look at me! I'm a reusable bag - isn't my owner a lovely person!" make me want to reach for my revolver.

Not so these.

I have a number in different designs for different handbags, and they are truly great bags. They hold a lot, fold up tightly, and aren't in your face about their eco credentials. I am often asked where I got mine.

They would make good stocking filler Christmas presents for those annoying people who have everything.

Auraglow GU10 Remote Controlled Colour Changing LED Light Bulb
Auraglow GU10 Remote Controlled Colour Changing LED Light Bulb
Offered by Safield Dist. Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 6 Sep 2014
I bought my first Auraglow bulb some years ago to project a colour-changing 'mood light' onto an expanse of white wall. It works brilliantly and compares well with a Phillips product which cost £99 at the time. Everyone who sees this light wants one.

Prices of these bulbs have since come down a lot, and I now have four as downlighters. They transform a room into something akin to an ultra-trendy nightclub. Get each on 'flash' mode and the kids can have a little disco.

A point to note is that these bulbs are slightly longer than a standard GU10, therefore might not fit snugly into a downlighter recess, depending on how well this has been fitted. I've had to play around with a few in order to get the bulb to sit properly.

Each bulb is supplied with an individual controller, but just one controller will operate all of the bulbs, leaving a couple as spares.

Desigual Women's VEST_BLOU_41V2834 Dress Black - Schwarz (Negro) 16 (Brand size: XL)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very flattering dress, 6 Sep 2014
Nice to see Desigual for sale on Amazon at vaguely sensible prices. I love these clothes but they are hideously expensive at full price for what they are.

I liked this dress so much I bought it in white as well. The A-line shape is very flattering, with the frill at the hem for added movement. It washes well (on the 'gentle' cycle although the label states 'hand wash only'), dries quickly and doesn't need ironing if pulled into shape and dried on a hanger.

It is a tad low cut for work, but that's easily remedied with a vest underneath. Size 16 is generous, especially over the bust.

Empty Gelatine Capsules Clear Size 0 Pack of 200
Empty Gelatine Capsules Clear Size 0 Pack of 200
Offered by The Alchemists Apothecary

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for combining and masking the taste of pills, 6 Sep 2014
My partner has to take a quantity of awful-tasting tablets on a daily basis. I hit on the idea of of sticking these inside a gelatine capsule to mask the taste, and amazingly I found the capsules on Amazon. Good prices and very prompt service from The Alchemists Apothecary too.

Wool Overs Women's Silk & Cotton Crew Neck Cardigan Black Large
Wool Overs Women's Silk & Cotton Crew Neck Cardigan Black Large
Offered by Wool Overs Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality item, with prompt delivery from 'Woolovers', 6 Sep 2014
It is huge though. I'd say that what's described as a 'Large' is size 18/20 easily. Follow the measurement guide provided (I did) and even then go for a size smaller.

Envirosax Bag - Bloom Bag 3
Envirosax Bag - Bloom Bag 3
Offered by Hippity

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous bag, 26 Aug 2014
This review is from: Envirosax Bag - Bloom Bag 3
I have a few of these in different designs for different handbags. People are always asking me where I bought them.

I haven't seen anything like them on the High Street.

Great stocking filler Christmas present.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10