Profile for A. Jones > Reviews

Content by A. Jones

A. Jones (Somerset)

Magnetic Whiteboard 60x90cm Aluminium trim with MDF inner material. Great value including 4 Drywipe Markers, 5 x Strong assorted 25mm magnets, Magnetic eraser. Magnetic Drywipe white surface.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK Apart From the Unpealable Sticker, 8 Mar. 2016
It's a cheap whiteboard and, so far as it goes, it's fine. What I will never see again is the hour it took me to get the label and its backing off the corner of the board!

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but not very cheerful, 25 April 2014
I didn't expect much from these as the price is so low but was still underwhelmed.

As I wear earphones in bed they often don't last long (the cable gets strained and often the plastic coating for the wires becomes stiff). For this reason I buy the cheapest I can find. These met that particular criteria, however, they are barely fit for purpose. The strangest thing I noticed about them is they rattle. I bought two pairs and both earphones on both pairs are the same so I guess it's a design "feature".

Other comments that they are uncomfortable are very true. As the plastic is hard they sit uncomfortably in the ear and don't stay in place unless you keep completely still.

Am-Tech Universal Joint Set (3 Pieces)
Am-Tech Universal Joint Set (3 Pieces)

1.0 out of 5 stars Fell apart opening the packet, 29 Sept. 2013
The 1/4" joint literally fell apart coming out of the packet. The pin came and wouldn't stay when replaced. Amazon refunded the item and I purchased the Draper 26846 1/4-inch Drive Universal Joint to replace it. Unfortunately, that broke the first time I used so I still don't have one.

Draper 26846 1/4-inch Drive Universal Joint
Draper 26846 1/4-inch Drive Universal Joint

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke first time I used it, 29 Sept. 2013
I ordered this as a replacement for the one in the Am-Tech Universal Joint Set (3 Pieces) (because the 1/4" joint fell apart when I opened the packet).

Used it for the first time yesterday and this one broke too. The pin came out (never to be seen again) and the joint is now in two pieces.

I expected a lot more from a Draper Expert part. Unfortunately I hadn't used it for some time after purchase and the return "window" has closed so I'm stuck with it. Or trying to get Draper to fix it, which doesn't seem worth the effort for £6.07. However, I'll be thinking twice about Draper products in future.

Range Rover Sport HSE 1:24 Scale R/C Model Car - Colour May Vary (Black, Silver or Red)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but fun, 1 Sept. 2012
I told my wife, "I want to buy a Range Rover", but she said "No". Well, this showed her!

The build quality is surprisingly good at this price. It works well and drives smoothly. A brief look inside reveals some "inventive" solutions to RC model design problems but the result is a fun toy that will keep (me and) my daughter amused for some time.

Komputerbay 32GB Class 10 High Speed Micro SDHC Card with SDHC Adapter/USB Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent memory card. Very quick and reliable., 19 Nov. 2011
I am very pleased with this memory card. I'm using it my HTC Wildfire S for storing recorded TV shows, etc. So far I've not had any issues.

A fast card is essential at this capacity as filling it up and copying back from it would take an age once it's nearly full.

It is fast and reliable although I haven't specifically speed tested it. An added bonus is the included USB card reader.

Toshiba MK2576GSX 250GB SATA 3GB/s 5400rpm 2.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive
Toshiba MK2576GSX 250GB SATA 3GB/s 5400rpm 2.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive
Offered by Artemis Global

5.0 out of 5 stars Does What it Says on the Tin, 13 Sept. 2011
I dropped this into my daughter's Dell Inspiron 1545 to replace a faulty drive. It works fine and is completely silent.