Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "So don't...." (England)

9V TC Electronic Ditto Looper Effects pedal replacement power supply adaptor
9V TC Electronic Ditto Looper Effects pedal replacement power supply adaptor
Offered by Digidave

5.0 out of 5 stars Gerrit bought, 9 Mar. 2014
Provides the Ditto with the required juice and enables you to utilise for home practice etc without needing to power it via your pedalboard (if like me your effects lie dormant between gigs & you just practice straight into the amp). Thus, highly recommended.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (PS2)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (PS2)

2.0 out of 5 stars Semi-Pro Devolution..., 25 Mar. 2008
Just a quick one to supplement all the other reviews which have pretty much covered everything you need to know about this game. I myself owned the first 4 games but not 5 or 6, so I can't comment on the similarity between this game & 6. Nor am I that bothered about how players look, music or even <gulp> the classic Pro Evo, erm, commentary.

Control & game play however is paramount and the foundation on which the early Pro Evo games based their success - what's happened to it? The sheer number of wayward passes, players simply running in the opposite direction to the ball for no apparent reason, the sky high shots (despite putting absolute minimal pressure on the button when shooting) the inability to dribble past an opponent 99% of the time. The most annoying part has to be the number of mistakes your players will make whether you like it or not. On one occasion in which I was playing against my housemate, there was a bit of a goalmouth scramble, his defender was about to clear the ball & then his keeper just ran to the ball & booted it in his own net. Quite amusing from my point of view, but blood-boilingly frustrating for him.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying all this because I can't win a game, I've won quite a few games comfortably on top level difficulty - it's just that it doesn't feel as though it's anything to do with me, but more like the computer decided to take pity on me that time around, & that's the key. If the computer wants to score, it often feels as though there's nothing you can do. It doesn't matter which play it selects to dribble through your defence with ease either, one is just as good as another. Oh & the fact that the computer gets away with murder in terms of fouls, whereas you will only have to breath on someone to get booked. On a few occasions, I've cleared a long ball up field, only to be called back for a foul which occurred off screen. They probably scored from the free kick too.

It's not all bad, some of the goals I have scored have brought a great degree of satisfaction, as have some of the flowing moves you can on occasion put together etc etc, but the 'pro's' are definitely outweighed by the cons I'm afraid.

Still, if you like high blood pressure, buy this game.