Profile for Tony Glover > Reviews

Content by Tony Glover

Tony Glover "grocerjack" (Portsmouth)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Leegoal 25 Inch Universal Fit Eyeglass Holder Chain Rope Eyewear Retainer (Black)
Offered by fortunemart-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Wife loves 'em., 10 Feb. 2016
My wife loves these. They don't slip off the frames and are quite sturdy.

Corgi 1:72 Westland Puma HC1 XW214 Helicopter Model
Corgi 1:72 Westland Puma HC1 XW214 Helicopter Model

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely model, well presented and well built., 10 Feb. 2016
Fantastic model bought with a voucher I got for Christmas. It's my first helicopter model for the collection and I'm not disappointed. Corgi Aviation Archive models are top quality and this is no exception. I'll be buying simlar from them again without doubt (when i can smuggle it into my display case!)

Long Life Lamp Company Candles B22  42 Watt Halogen Eco Energy Saving Bulb Pack of 10
Long Life Lamp Company Candles B22 42 Watt Halogen Eco Energy Saving Bulb Pack of 10

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing if you want longer life bulbs, 10 Feb. 2016
Oh dear. Although these last a tad longer than incandescent bulbs, the difference isn't that great. In essence they are just incandescent bulb technology in a protected shell. I am now replacing these as they go, which is basically a couple of months at a time.

Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Eau de Toilette for Men - 100 ml
Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Eau de Toilette for Men - 100 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars I received this on a lightning deal at an excellent price. Which I tested on the market before ..., 10 Feb. 2016
I received this on a lightning deal at an excellent price. Which I tested on the market before buying. This , despite some reviews, is dead genuine. It lasts well and is a really pleasant scent. An absolute bargain price for an excellent product and I wish more of the lightning deals were as focused as this and as competitive.

2 Pairs of Thick Cotton Coolmax walking Socks cushioned foot
2 Pairs of Thick Cotton Coolmax walking Socks cushioned foot
Offered by W Brewin & Co Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on for walking, 18 Jan. 2016
Perfect for those long walks in the country or on city breaks. As important as a good pair of boots.

Aerolite 20 inch Hard Shell Cabin Trolley Case Shiny Plum
Aerolite 20 inch Hard Shell Cabin Trolley Case Shiny Plum
Offered by Today's Home Bargains

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent hand luggage for light travel, 18 Jan. 2016
Spot on for those weekend breaks and aircraft cabin friendly. No outside pockets but who really needs them? The cases are good looking, easy to open and close, the wheels are the spinner types so very easy to move and I would think they could take a fair old battering before anything untoward goes wrong.

YANIBEST Cossack Russian Style Faux Fur Hat for Ladies Winter Hat for Women M
YANIBEST Cossack Russian Style Faux Fur Hat for Ladies Winter Hat for Women M
Offered by YANIBEST CO.,LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely hat perfect for winter, 18 Jan. 2016
Xmas present for my wife and she loves it. No chance of cold ears with this!

Meaco Platinum 20 Litre Low Energy Dehumidifier for up to 5 bed house with Digital Display and 2 Years Warranty
Offered by Appliance Warehouse (UK) Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic and very effective., 18 Jan. 2016
Having recently replaced draughty old patio sliders with lovely new French Windows, and also a hardwood front door with a composite door, alongside a heating system upgrade we noticed a substantial increase in dampness in our loft and on our windows. Having looked around to see possible causes (yes, the lovely effects of great insulation) and resolutions I decided that getting roofers in to replace tiles with vented solutions was not for me. After all, we've been here 15 years and this has never been an issue before. The site I checked which had loads of great info about roof space in general recommended a dehumidifier as this is a growing problem as people insulate their houses better.

Our house has 4 bedrooms, a study a utility room, a large living room, a kitchen and 3 bathrooms. I chose this unit specifically because it can cater for a 5 bedroomed house according to the manufacturers blurb. It's easy to use, really easy to use and understand. It is portable to a degree with the casters but it is quite heavy to lift. When switched on it uses about 225 watts of electricity so it's by no means a power hungry beast and of course that lessens as the humidity levels get under control and it needs to work less. The first few days saw the unit running quite a lot and we were emptying the 6l tank once or twice a day. This in itself quite shocked me. However after a week, the tank was barely filling up and the device was coming on less and less. It's all automatic and will switch on and off according to your relative humidity settings (RH) so you can literally leave it switched on all the time if you want.. It is reasonably quiet but not silent and on either fan setting (low or high) we have not found it to be intrusive or sleep disturbing.

After one week, I can now report that the damp in our loft, which was running off the loft hatch and dripping onto our heads has more or less disappeared and this is WITHOUT locating the device in the loft even for a short while. We placed it on the landing outside the bedrooms and main bathroom and during the day left all the doors open to every room. The unit will draw the air from the entire house over time and remove the moisture very effectively. It comes with a 2 year warranty and I've now ordered some HEPA filters to see if that helps my mild asthma. Well done Meaco this is a first class bit of kit I never knew I needed. It might look pricey, but compare the cost of this to a new roof had the timbers rotted, or to the potential ceiling damage should the loft dampness seep through the insulation or to the constant job of wiping windows down to stop black mould and you have a very cost effective solution to dampness. It can also be used for clothes drying with the swing louvre, but we haven't tried this yet until I'm positive the dampness is under control.

Time and Time Again
Time and Time Again

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent and compelling. Proper page Turner., 19 Aug. 2015
Utterly magnificent. Ben Elton is a writer with intelligence and a real ability to tell a story as one might expect from a former stand-up. this book bristles with historical facts told in a very easy to understand way, including some stretched physics to make le the time travel element semi feasible. But that is just a tool to get you into a story that shows how people make history, not theories or extrapolations, and that even if you could change e the past there is no guarantee the future would be better. Magnificent, compelling, spellbinding and heart stopping story telling from a man who should be up there with the greats. 5 stars, unquestionably.

Kindle Paperwhite (6th generation), 6" High Resolution Display (212 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 21 Jun. 2015
Bought this to replace my faithful old kindle keyboard which after 7 years finally gave up the ghost. The touchscreen element was trickier to get used to when used to the old kindle paddles, but now the tap seems very natural. But the biggest thing is the ability to read in bright sunlight and in a darkened room with no problems. Yes the other facilities are very good but those two alone make this a great product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10