Profile for A Cactus > Reviews

Content by A Cactus
Top Reviewer Ranking: 371

A Cactus "Andy Cactus" (NW UK)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Just Seed Herb - Chamomile Lawn/Roman - Chamaemelum nobile- 5000 seeds
Just Seed Herb - Chamomile Lawn/Roman - Chamaemelum nobile- 5000 seeds
Offered by JustSeed UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Good germination yield so far., 19 April 2016
My first sewing was into a grid based seed tray. Scatter a pinch of seeds (15-30?) on to the surface of each cell. Did not cover as getting direct light on the seeds is part of the germination process. left on window shelf which get sun near central heating boiler. Got seedlings to show in well under a week and every cell had lots of seedlings. Pleased with that result a good yield no damping off or wilting. They are growing on still in the tay and will soon have little 'pillows' of green in plugs to transplant. These seeds are tiny specks and I still have a few thousand left. Recommend this pack.
UPDATE: May. Planted my seed tray pillows about three weeks ago, about 10 inches apart in bare soil around some stepping stones and they are doing well almost doubling in diameter. I sewed the rest of the packet straight on the soil around the stones in all the gaps. Amazingly there are now thousands of seedlings showing thanks to the warm spell and loads of sun. So hopefully I will have a nice chamomile patch very soon. Added some mesembryanthemum plants on the patch edges which I think will go well for the summer.

Birchwood Casey Shoot-n-c Pack 2 Inch Round Targets, 108 Per Pack - 34210
Birchwood Casey Shoot-n-c Pack 2 Inch Round Targets, 108 Per Pack - 34210
Offered by Reid Chandlery & Outdoors

5.0 out of 5 stars Long range visibilty., 18 April 2016
No more squinting for black holes on a black background. No more walking to the target to see where the last shot went. These fit perfectly over the black area on standard 140mm paper targets. Will but some other sizes too.

Simbr Outdoor Portable Gas Camping Stove,Cooking Stove,Camping Burner,2800W Power,lotus flower shape
Offered by duola beauty

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight Windproof Gas Stove., 12 April 2016
A nice lightweight camping stove that just works beautifully.

For my test, outside of course (slight breeze, 12°C), I used a brand new can of 70:30 butane/propane mix, filled exactly 1000ml of tap water into a saucepan with glass lid, placed on stove, closed metal fan to pan diameter and used the piezoelectric igniter to get the flame and started my stopwatch.

I timed it at '7min 35s for the water to reach 100°C. That is close to the claimed time in the blurb and I was using a solid aluminium kitchen pan not a lightweight camping one. I am very happy with that performance. It cools down rapidly as well.

The collapsable windshield fan area is suitable for closing on pans from 100 to 200mm diameter (although on max opening the pan rests are clear for larger pans).

Weighs in at 460g (no gas can) with +40g for the black bag.

One thing to note is the braided hose is only long enough for the normal squat style camping gas canisters. I only had a tall 340g EN417 can to hand which was too tall to put both on the same level surface (you must keep the cans upright) but thats my fault. And don’t forget to peel off the blue plastic films on each blade of the windshield before first use.

Great little stove, thanks for letting me review it.

Yes received in exchange for an honest, unbiased review without exaggeration or agenda. Just the facts.
Comment Comment | Permalink

BD Micro-Fine+ 8mm [Personal Care]
BD Micro-Fine+ 8mm [Personal Care]
Offered by Medideals

5.0 out of 5 stars Must haves. Safe. Practical. Economical. Favourites., 7 April 2016
Buying these now myself since the NHS, after decades on these, seem to order tips from another company without the little inner cover which to me, the end user, is a massive inconvenience. Big step backwards IMHO whilst the approved uncovered ones are 50% cheaper I would however be using many times more than that through forced single use. Yes I know thats what you are supposed to do but get real please. A box of these BDs last me about half a year without issues. A box of the new ones would not last a month. Twelve orders or 2 per year. hmm Decisions by a bean counter who is not a T1 diabetic I bet. But hold on, now I am buying and not the taxpayer, huge savings! Austerity genius in action. Zero stars for the department of health but 5 to the trusty BD microfines.

Zeadio Extendable Bipod with Sling Mount for Rifle Air Gun (6" - 9")[1 Year Warranty], ZBP-F11
Offered by zeadio

4.0 out of 5 stars Its OK as a first bipod in shorter leg settings, 7 April 2016
For the money it is quite good value IMHO. I am using on an old spring rifle as I put my own stud in myself so had free choice where to place it. Im not what you would call a sharp shooter but it does suppress my wobbles. I will say that with the legs at their longer positions there is too much play in them so I try to avoid that if I can. But on the shortest length they are stable enough for me on an old BSA. Need to occasionally make sure the thumb wheel stays tight as it can work a little loose. Yes there are better bipods available for much higher cost and I may transition one day when cash flow permits. When I do its only a small loss. Has a mount hole so you can still use a sling.

Napier Air Pellet Power Lube increase accurancy by 50%
Napier Air Pellet Power Lube increase accurancy by 50%
Offered by Stc Stores

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff. Little goes a long way, 7 April 2016
Just a few drops required in a 500 tin. Seems to keep pellets in good condition and chrono measuring two tins (one with, one without) there is a noticeable velocity increase as well as tighter distribution of speeds. As for accuracy well tighter groupings seem to be the result. Treated tins I mark with a red dot.

Haz 500 ml Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol First Aid Anti Septic
Haz 500 ml Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol First Aid Anti Septic
Offered by GB TRADERS

5.0 out of 5 stars Household essential, 7 April 2016
Good to have in any household. So many uses but of course be careful, its very flammable and can be an aggressive cleaner on some surface finishes so try on a test area if unsure. Very handy size with a good seal on the top. Will be back for more.

Premium Microfibre Cloth 40X40 (10Pack) 12 Colour Options, Polishing, Cleaning. (Black)
Offered by Paragon Microfibre Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good affordable microfibre, 7 April 2016
Got ten black ones. They are good quality and so useful for many things. Tend to keep one for each dedicated use. Using one as a dust cover for a vintage Remington portable typewriter and looks tidy, just the right size. Great to have one in the car and black makes it look less noticeable left out. Colour does fade on washing a bit but no big deal but think about dealing with colour run and say use a colour absorber in the wash.

VonShef 3-in-1 Stainless Steel Pasta Maker with 3 Cut Press Blade Settings, 2 Year Free Warranty, FREE Table Top Clamp & Spaghetti Measuring Tool
Offered by DOMU UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Pasta!, 7 April 2016
This is quite well made, solid and a good price. Clamp included. I don't use the 'free' measuring gadget (why would you use it? packet dry spaghetti? hold on a minute…). Makes great pasta sheets (can go very thin indeed), tagliatelle, various spaghetti and down to very fine noodles. Not used the ravioli bit yet, looks like it needs very careful technique; I do hand-made 3 inch round ones mostly. My basic recipe for two is 145g flour, 1 egg +2 yolks and a bit of salt in a dough bladed processor. Yes, lazy me. Rest at least 15mins. Cook in boiling water, under 2 mins. Everyone has their own way.

WESTLINK Stainless Steel Scissors Gourmet Herb Cutting Shallot Chopper Multipurpose Kitchen Shear with 5 Blades
Offered by CEO trade EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick chippy-choppy device for the time-poor, 7 April 2016
Was originally offered a review sample but purchased with own money as I wanted one anyway. Use it when in a hurry/ too lazy to chop fresh coriander straight to the pot just before serving and no chopping board around as I already bunged it in the washer. So much for tidying as you go. I do put it in the dishwasher too but time will tell if thats a good idea. Lazy me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20