Profile for Zahndez > Reviews

Content by Zahndez

Zahndez "T.W. Elder" (Unknown:)

Tech Armor Premium High Definition Clear Screen Protectors with Lifetime Replacement Warranty for Samsung Galaxy S3 (Pack of 3)
Offered by Tech Armor UK

1.0 out of 5 stars absolute s***, 8 Oct 2013
By far the WORST item I have ever bought in my entire life, broke my brand new S4 and the instructions were abysmal. All packaging thrown in the bin DO NOT BUY! it is absolutely disgraceful. Thank you very much Tech Armor will definitely recommend you.

Lots and lots and lots and lots of bubbles even when doing it the "recommended way"
Instructions did not make sense
beware this scratches your phone screen, go to a stall or shop and get one for £X, better than this product I assure you.

Not going to bother getting refunded, the packaging will be in a bin by now.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 23, 2013 3:34 PM BST

X12 Xbox 360 Headset - EU
X12 Xbox 360 Headset - EU

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the hardcore gamer!, 2 April 2013
The Turtle Beach X12 Headset for the Xbox 360 platform was in all a very advantageous device if you were a committed gamer. The sound portraying from each phone is clear. If you play games which are popular for their multiplayer such as Halo and Call Of duty then equipping this headset will ultimately give you an edge over your opponents. The game sound and chat sound can both be individually adjusted so that it is tailored to your suiting. By having the chat volume down and enhancing the game volume, you can hear the environment of the game more such as enemies footsteps, utterances etc.

The advantages with this headset are stated below:

¬ They are a reasonable price.
¬ Gives you an edge over your competitors (i.e. hear their characters voice, footsteps etc.) so you can anticipate their movement.
¬ Aesthetically they look smart.
¬ Can easily adjust chat volume so you can hear your friends or players clearer.
¬ You can have your TV on mute and hear the game through your headset, so people who are asleep wont be able to hear it.
¬ Are sensitive. You can basically whisper down the voice transmitter and people who you are listening will be able to hear you.
¬ USB powered. No batteries are required, ultimately saving your money.
¬ Compatible with PC

However there are several disadvantages with the Turtle Beach X12's

¬ The wires go everywhere and you can easily trip over them or get in your way. One time I had to coil the wire around my body!
¬ The wire connecting your Turtle Beach to the back/side of your TV can come out, which is frustrating indeed.
¬ If playing in a hot environment it can hurt your ears.

PC X-230 2.1 Speakers
PC X-230 2.1 Speakers

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition. Great sound. Great Price, 2 April 2013
The Logitech X-230 speakers are great. At a reasonable price the sound quality is good and the speakers themselves can portray any type of music whether it be Rock or Bass at a clear standard. I purchased these along time back when I got my new computer and peripherals at PC World. The speakers were smartly packaged in a box. They were rather simple to set up and I was listening to a bit of classic rock in no time.

The advantages with these speakers are stated below:

¬ Has an analogue input for headphones/earphones, so you can listen to music if people are asleep etc.
¬ You have a bass tone control so you can adjust to what suits you. If bass is your thing, turn the bass tone UP!
¬ Are affordable.
¬ Aesthetically the speakers look appealing.
¬ Overall good for playing a whole varieties of music, from Heavy metal, Jazz, Pop, Punk and Dance.

The disadvantages with the Logitech X-230's are also stated below:

¬ The woofer speaker (biggest one) is rather heavy!
¬ If tower speakers are portraying music at an exceedingly loud amount then they can crackle and deteriorate the sound of the music.

Note: I have had these speakers way over a year now and still they perform as they did when I first got them. The only problem is something is randomly rattling inside the woofer speaker and I cant find out what it is, *confused face*.

Pokmon Black Version (Nintendo DS)
Pokmon Black Version (Nintendo DS)
Offered by 6 Hungry Weasels

4.0 out of 5 stars Another enjoyable Pokemon game! but the story = :(, 1 April 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This game to me was ultimately fun to play but it was frustrating as it was an almost identical story line to its predecessors. There were great aspects however.

The reasons why I believe that this game has been rated a 4 out of a possible 5 is stated below:

The story:
Just like the other Pokemon games, you choose a Pokemon and defeat the leaders of several gyms, then go on to the poke league championship to attempt to defeat the elite four. I will be honest, the story line was reasonable but I would like to see a twist in the Pokemon saga. However I did enjoy locating the legendary Pokemon and learning more about the mysterious trainer 'N', who is seen countless times during the epic journey.

The Pokemon:
In Pokemon Black and White you are introduced to new intriguing Pokemon. I liked the appearance of the majority of the new Pokemon and the fact that some of the original and most cherished Pokemon have remained in this game = *smiley face*. The legendary Pokemon look awesome as well.

The expansion: The region Unova harbors lots of locations to fast travel to and from. All together there is 13 main locations alongside many smaller places to visit. The places themselves all have unique traits that differentiate themselves to one another such as the 'Black City' which is the first city were it is of a different viewing perspective. I like how the environment is more active (i.e. swaying trees etc.) and the season feature was a genius inclusion.

Finally the online element. As usual you travel to any Pokemon center then go upstairs. After that you would chat to one of three NPC's were you could go to the chat room, trade or battle. I have always enjoyed trading Pokemon online and I am glad that they included the online feature in this Pokemon game. Hopefully they will keep it in the upcoming Pokemon games.

Now to sum up Pokemon Black. What I liked about the game was the introduction of new Pokemon and moves, the exuberant scenery and some of the story-line. What I was displeased with Pokemon Black was that the main story was just like its predecessors and its predecessors before that. I am bored of the same story and I believe that if the story is similar to that which I have already completed, then I will not purchase the next generation Pokemon games.

Venom Twin Rechargeable Battery Packs - Black (Xbox 360)
Venom Twin Rechargeable Battery Packs - Black (Xbox 360)
Offered by Gameseek

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the official, 29 Mar 2013
The Venom Twin rechargeable batter packs are a perfect addition to any person who plays Xbox.

In the past I have had problems with the official rechargeable battery pack with things such as a faulty wire and a loose fitting pack. I decided enough is enough and purchased these Venom battery packs. The battery packs are certainly adequate to my liking and I like the design of the pack and the fact that you can charge two at the same time whilst playing a game or watching a movie on your Xbox.

The advantages with them are stated below:

¬You can charge and play at the same time
¬Is ultimately cheaper than using batteries
¬The official Xbox battery pack only comes with one pack.
¬Indicates when fully charged with an LED light located on the back of the battery pack.

In my case there are no disadvantages with this product.

**Since my purchase of these battery packs which was about 6 months ago I have had NO problems with them, everything is working and the battery packs are replenishing life as intended *Happy face*.

Darksiders II (Xbox 360)
Darksiders II (Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars All who live know my name, all who oppose me shall know Death., 26 Mar 2013
Darksiders II is a great sequel to the first Darksiders game. Playing as the eldest of the four horsemen Death is total bad-ass. The new and improved features of this game such as the all new perk tree and diverse arsenal of weapons is what made this game really enjoyable to play.

The reasons why I believe this game deserves 5 out of 5 stars are stated below:

The aesthetics:
In Darksiders II you are introduced to a vast new world known as the 'Forge Lands' were you meet new, intriguing characters. The looks of this game are certainly something that I credited and the detail that THQ have put into the environment is brilliant. You have access to all kinds of locations such as vast plains, dense forest and secluded buildings which harbour its own mystery. I find that the colour/contrast of the game is attractive and the way both objects, characters and backgrounds are presented are certainly appealing.

The characters:
Playing as Death is AWESOME. From the name you have this sense of being feared and you know that you aren't going to take no for an answer. All though Death looks legendary his movement is as good. To me War was big and slow and although you could do flips and skilful dodges, Death is more flexible and his mastery of this acrobatic skill is like a sixth sense to him. Dodging, attacks, climbing, grabbing, running, you name it Death is an expert.

New Features:
THQ have included new features in Darksiders II which I believe has enhanced the game play of this game. The all new perk tree was a great new feature that allowed you to customize Death the way you wanted him to be like. You have perks such as ghouls and harvest. Ghouls is a skill were you could call upon (2-4) Ghouls to fight for you for a period of time, you can then increase the perks such as Ghouls duration and health each time you levelled up. Side missions is the next new feature which has definitely increased play through time on Darksiders II. You can now interact with NPC's who will offer you quests to eliminate side bosses or do a certain task which doesn't impact in the main story. I was certainly happy when I found out about this, as in the original Darksiders you couldn't do any side quests, which was *sad face*. The new abilities which we are welcomed on Darksiders II are genius. All though many new abilities have arrived in this game two stand out for me. Firstly the 'Soul Splitter' ability which is granted to Death roughly in the middle of the main quest line. Soul splitter allows Death to utilize similar abilities to interdiction all by himself. Deaths actual soul is removed from his body which transforms into stone, and then split into two. The end result is two forms of Death (Green and purple) and Deaths actual body in the form of a stone reaper (so basically he is immune to damage). The player can switch between which Death they are controlling and the main use of this ability is to crack puzzles and open doorways etc. The second ability that I liked was the Death grip. Although we see a similar ability in the original Darksiders named the Abyssal Chain, Death Grip allows for more flexibility and can be used on more objects. Firstly with Death Grip you can use it to climb up walls and grab onto a glowing pedestal. You can also use it to swing to secluded area which may behold a chest, page of the dead or other collectible. Like in Darksiders I it can be used to grab smaller enemies and pull them towards you or grab larger units and propel yourself to them. However a new feature is you can grab friendly NPC's to get to the other side of a route which is expected during the story line.

You can also find new items such as weapons, Armour, potions and collectibles. I like this feature as if you locate a better weapon (whether it be axe, mace, hammer, scythe, render or claws) you can equip it. + there are different Armour sets which look different so you can somewhat change the look of Death. However the Armour doesn't just change the look of Death, different Armour may improve critical damage or arcane, so if you want to critically damage your enemies, choose armour which improves so.

Ultimately this game is a must buy if you have played the original Darksiders. Everything has been improved, looks, interactivity and the story is awesome. AND YOU PLAY AS FREAKIN DEATH! and your HORSE GLOWS GREEN!

Note: The only thing that I found was annoying was that THQ took out the ability to dash on wire and the root-like material which you could cling/climb on. I don't understand why they took that out o.O?

Sniper Elite V2 (Xbox 360)
Sniper Elite V2 (Xbox 360)
Offered by DVD Overstocks

4.0 out of 5 stars You, your sniper and a purpose., 25 Mar 2013
Ultimately this game was fun to play. I enjoyed patrolling the streets of a quarried 1945 Germany on my own, bearing my trusty sniper along with my deadly equipment. Features such as the X-ray kill cam was what made this game stand out from its competitors. The story line was understandable and fun to complete and I certainly enjoyed scouting patrolling enemies from broken rooftops and popping a cap in their A**, if you understand what I mean.

I believe that this game deserves a 3 out of a possible 5 and here are my reasons for it:

The realism of the game:

In your inventory you had things such as trip wire, land mines and grenades. Not to mention your rock which you could use (i.e. throw) to intrigue enemy units and move them away from the path to complete your objective. The effects of these were certainly not non-realistic and I liked the precise placing feature for throwing grenades and/or placing trip mines in doorways (HAHA). The sniping was as realistic and the designers of the game, Rebellion, certainly took into account aspects of sniping simulation such as aim stability, penetration, gravity and velocity.

The environment:

Aesthetically the game was certainly adequate to my liking. The broken buildings, flaming vehicles and in the distance aircraft's made me feel as if I was in 1945 Berlin searching for that most important vantage point to eliminate my target.

The simplicity:

Don't get me wrong but I do like getting indestructible followers and a vehicle which can transform into a house but I really felt as if the simplicity of this game was advantageous. At the end of the day in Sniper Elite V2 you are a lone wolf finding sources that leads you to your goal. In this game you have no rocket-propelled mini guns, its just you, your sniper and a purpose.

However I believe that there are some disadvantages to this game. Firstly I believe there should have been more levels. It was in all fairness a short campaign and I was surprised at the end to see that I had completed it. Secondly locating all the bottles and gold bars was a nightmare to do. There was no faint sound or highlight around the objects, so it was difficult to find them as they adapted into the background. Also for collecting the gold bars and bottles there was NO reward apart from an achievement/trophy. Maybe the reward should have been a gold plated, gas operated sniper (pardon the over exaggeration).

Darksiders (Xbox 360)
Darksiders (Xbox 360)
Offered by b68solutions

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, challenging and overall awesome, 17 Jan 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Darksiders (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
This is certainly a good game to play. If you like a challenge whether it be in the form of complex puzzles or tough foes then Darksiders is the game you want. The campaign was great and I really understood it. The reasons why I believe this game deserves a 4 out of 5 is as followed:

The environment:

Aesthetically this game was appealing. I enjoyed travelling through destroyed cities, vast plains and colossal buildings that were located up above in the skies.

The weapons:

Of course you have you default weapons such a the Chaoseater, but I liked how you obtain a scythe by payment. However that is not the best part.You could use everyday objects such as lampposts and cars to beat your enemies to death. I felt this was a great asset and made the game even as fun as it already was.

The characters:

Along my travels in Darksiders I met various awesome NPC's. Some that were totally Bad-ass, some that were douchebags and some which were mysterious (i.e. Vulgrim). Azruel (Angel of Death) in particular was well designed and he was and spoke awesome.

Professor Layton and The Curious Village (Nintendo DS)
Professor Layton and The Curious Village (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Game Trade Online

2.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre but wasn't for me, 4 Oct 2012
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This was the first Professor Layton game that I have played, and sadly to say it will be the last. Yes it did prosper many attractive and challenging puzzles and some were enjoyable to do such as puzzle 007 which was called "Wolves and chicks", however I felt as if I had no real connection to the game and that maybe this game is for people who enjoy puzzle games with a story.

One reason why I believe that this game was of moderate quality is because it got a little repetitive. The puzzles and storyline got rather repetitive and thus became well ... boring.

Another reason is the characters. Although Professor Layton sounded suave, the characters were weird.

Ultimately this game is difficult to assign it to an age group. For me the aesthetics of the game and interactivity is certainly for a younger age group than me (5-11 years of age). However the majority of the puzzles were hard to complete so I believe in the aspect of puzzles I would maybe say for an older age group (13+).

Although I have expressed my opinion on the game, I believe that for people who enjoy challenging puzzles, a storyline and solving a case I would recommend this game for YOU. Yes I didn't enjoy it but with over 100 puzzles + bonus puzzles for you to complete I am sure you will enjoy playing this game, whether you are travelling, waiting or just chilling at home.

SSX (Xbox 360)
SSX (Xbox 360)
Offered by games-n-console-land

4.0 out of 5 stars First SSX game I purchased, won't be the last., 14 Aug 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: SSX (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I never got into the SSX franchise .. until now. This game is a great. I got it a couple of days ago and have been on it none stop. I was very happy with the delivery (coming a day early feels awesome). I was wondering whether to get this game as I was also a fan of getting TFU II (star wars) but after much consideration and comparing with the ratings and reviews I decided to get this. A bit of advice for anybody whom struggles between choosing 2 games Go see what Megacritic, OXM or IGN rate them, they have excellent reviews which are actually fun to read! and are helpful with choosing the right game for the right gamer.

TFU II was only rated a 6 /10 not bad but they picked out that it was too short and that it had uninspiring levels.

whereas with SSX it was rated a 9 /10 with only one negative outlook .. no split-screen

I have always gone with games that Megacritic, OXM or IGN have rated over at least 7 Its very helpful for picking out that right game for you and it helps make you feel that it was worth buying that game.

But back to the game. Ultimately this game was fun to play, you didn't have as much freedom as you did in other snow boarding games such as Shaun White snowboarding but that was balanced out with the trick system and aesthetics. There is ALOT of tricks in SSX. The recommendations and friends challenges was a nice little bonus that I credited, you can challenge your rivals (i.e. friends) at races or trick contests they have all ready completed, the higher their score, the more credits you receive if you beat them.