Profile for I. ANAGUANO > Reviews

Content by I. ANAGUANO

I. ANAGUANO "Crochet Chic" (Medellin, Colombia)

WOMANS WORLD IN CROSS STITCH: Over 40 Designs to Make You Smile
WOMANS WORLD IN CROSS STITCH: Over 40 Designs to Make You Smile
by Joan Elliot

5.0 out of 5 stars It did make me smile!, 5 Nov 2009
The book is full of female, cute designs: small and larger, easier and those requiring a little more of time, but never too much effort. I want to make them all, especially for my bedroom/closet area decoration.

Stitch 'n Bitch: A Knitter's Design Journal
Stitch 'n Bitch: A Knitter's Design Journal
by Debbie Stoller

5.0 out of 5 stars My best knitting pal, 28 Aug 2009
To tell the truth, I did not expect anything special about this book, but when it came....wow, I love it! It has everything, everything that average and unusual knitter may need to point down during the knitting process. The book is not very big, well, it was the idea in order to take it everywhere, however, I would like it to be larger (for putting pictures of my done projects!). Really, a handy book to keep next to my working needles.

Knits to Fit and Flatter: Designs to Make You Look and Feel Fabulous
Knits to Fit and Flatter: Designs to Make You Look and Feel Fabulous
by Jane Ellison

3.0 out of 5 stars Good knitting guide, 19 Aug 2009
The book has suprised me with its size, I did not expected such a big book. At first glance, I did not like at all the projects inside the book, none of them calls my attention in order to begin casting on... On the other hand, I would recommend the book very much as a knitting guide and also an inspirational source. The book describes very well how to on every project, gives ideas to change them, explains the secrets of knitting, projecting and finishing the knitted garments, all this supported with clear illustrations. The projects, mostly sweaters, vests and tunics, have notes on each of the details, something great for novice knitters to learn every knitting trick. Maybe if I had a different taste, it might be a great book with five stars.

Knitting in the Sun: 32 Projects for Warm Weather
Knitting in the Sun: 32 Projects for Warm Weather
by Kristi Porter

2.0 out of 5 stars Knitting in the sun?, 29 May 2009
I am very disappointed with the book, probably because my concept of knitting for hot weather is very different. I was expecting hot, sensual, tropical designs but the projects here are all very normal, and nothing hot. There are a lot of scarves (!!!!) to begin with. The good point of the book is the number of patterns, variety and very nice pictures. The patterns are: scarves, shawls, hat, sweaters...but really nothing different, nothing special, many blogs and free web pages offer more interesting projects, honestly.