Profile for Mr. D. Harris > Reviews

PowerBar ProteinPlus 92% Protein Shake
PowerBar ProteinPlus 92% Protein Shake
Price: £18.95 - £129.95

1.0 out of 5 stars take a hand blender to the gym!, 30 Sep 2013
Shockingly bad shake, does not mix no matter how much you try and you will end up with a watery mix with big chewy lumps. If you are lucky to have time and a hand blender you might actually be able to make something that resembles a good protein shake but for most this is just totally impractical and an impossibility if you want to make it up in the gym. There are much better shakes for a better price and i will be going back to my pro 90 plus. As for this one...it will probs go in the bin!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoy shaving!, 5 Oct 2011
Well, where do I start?

Ok, let's just say that like millions of other men around the world I have been conned for a long time in regards to what a good shave actually is and the price of the equipment that can deliver this. Seriously, how many blades do you need to get a good shave? Answer...1 good one and a bit of shaving knowhow!

I have the fair and quite sensitive skin (particularly my kneck)but I have still used the merkur with the greatest of ease. Like any good tool, you should let it do the work and not you. Be gentle with it, understand the hair direction and contours of your own face and you will be rewarded with a great shave everytime.

So, to summarise..if you want to ....a) save money and not be a mug to the "names aside" big razor companies, B) get a better shave than you ever imagined, C) Enjoy shaving and not consider it a chore, D) Have a classy razor, razor stand and brush in your bathroom....then get a Merkur. GBefore you purchase...get on youtube and see "mantic59"s guides - you will be a pro in no time and realise how much money you have saved being a happier more knowledgeble and skillful shaver.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't look forward to shaving - you will!!!, 1 Nov 2009
Well, where do I start?

Ok, let's just say that like millions of other men around the world I have been conned for a long time - in regards to what a good shave actually is and the price of the equipment that can deliver such performance. Seriously, if we carry on with the big multi-blade companies (names aside) in a few years time we will be stabbing our razor handles into the ground, running up ladders brandishing our faces to the 100 blade razors that they "tell" us will prevent skin irritation (ofcourse I'm exagerating, but they will find another cunning plan after people panic at the price of 6-7-8 blade razors).

Anyway, onto the review and my main point is that I have the fairest, most sensitive skin and have still used the merkur with the greatest of ease (that is by the way what this razor is all about- shaving with ease, and not too aggressively!) So without further a do, all I can say is, if you want to ....a) Save money and not be a mug to the "names aside" companies, B) Get a better shave than you ever imagined, C) Enjoy shaving and not consider it a chore, D) Have a classy razor, razor stand and brush in your bathroom rather than somethin plastic eventually thrown (hopefully recycled).....go with this, you wont regret it....get on youtube and see "mantic59"s guides - you will be a pro in no time and realise how much money you have saved being a happier more knowledgeble and skillfull shaver.