Profile for E. Harding > Reviews

Radical PB
Radical PB
by Platt David

5.0 out of 5 stars Must-read, 24 Oct 2011
This review is from: Radical PB (Paperback)
This is a great book. It has impacted me more then I can say and hope I will be more faithful in carrying out the 'great comission'. This is written by an American to an American audience, but it certainly can be applied to British Christians. What he says is stuff we should already know, do, think like, etc as Christians, but so much of the time in the West we don't because we're too comfortable. It is sad that this book ever had to be written, but I am thankful for it. Mr. Platt does not hesitate to 'call a spade a spade'. He is very clear and easy to read. He has no political agenda. He is, most importantly, Biblical. He writes this to see God glorified. Christ emptied Himself for us and called us to take up our CROSS and follow Him.

If you're not sure about buying this book, you can read the first chapter for free online, just Google it. Even the first chapter is helpful by itself.

Melissa & Doug Magnetic Wooden Alphabet
Melissa & Doug Magnetic Wooden Alphabet

4.0 out of 5 stars Hands-On, 24 Oct 2011
These magnets are good quality letters and magnets. They have been a great help to learning letters since kids can handle them, rearrange them, and bring them to you to talk about them. My girls love playing with them and have learned so much better with them then without them. I bought them mostly for my 2.5-year-old to learn with, but, since they both play with them, my 16-month-old has learned to read her first letter! My 2.5-year-old has also learned to read over half her letters in a month, whereas she had been struggling before with other teaching methods. Technically, they're both too young to be playing with them since magnets are dangerous so don't by magnets if you have a child that chews toys *(the age on this toy is 3yrs and up)*

The only reason I took away one star is that you only get one upper and one lower case of each letter. Perhaps two sets of lower case letters, or at least an extra set of vowels would make it better. That said, you can make a lot of words with them anyway and they take up a lot of space (since they're nice and big for little people) so you'd need a pretty big surface with more letters.

Oh, I really like the sturdy storage box, too!

They are made of wood: they have a magnet layer, a plywood (or similar) layer, then the coloured glossy layer on top. Very nice. :)

Melissa & Doug Magnetic Wooden Numbers in a Box
Melissa & Doug Magnetic Wooden Numbers in a Box
Offered by supermart USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Hands-On, 24 Oct 2011
These magnets, and the M&D letter magnets are good quality. They're a great help to learning numbers and letters since kids can handle them, rearrange them, and bring them to you to talk about them. My girls love playing with them and have learned so much better with them then without them. I expect they will last well, but I've only had them a month or so, so we'll see.

Chunky House Shape Photo Frame Fridge Magnet
Chunky House Shape Photo Frame Fridge Magnet

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Made, 19 July 2011
These magnets seem well made and are cute. I don't think there's any danger of them falling apart even though my kids play with them. The magnet on the back is quite big so should be able to hold up quite a bit without problems. There's not much more to say.

Tell Me Something Happy Before I Go To Sleep
Tell Me Something Happy Before I Go To Sleep
by Joyce Dunbar

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 23 Mar 2011
I really like this book. The text is so cute and loving. This is such a nice way to think about things around the house as you're going to bed and may help a child who is afraid of the dark. I got it for my two-year-old and I think it's a bit too old for her, but she'll grow into it. I do wish the characters were human as there is no reason they need to be animals, except that it just seems the done thing these days with children's books. That aside, the illustrations are very beautiful.

Fisher-Price Animals of the Rainforest - I Love My Family!: Touch and Feel Board Book
by Claire Kinkaid

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, 23 Mar 2011
My toddler and baby love this book and I love reading it to them. The bright pictures are very adorable and the text encourages loving family relationships.

The Wean Machine
The Wean Machine

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not as good as I hoped, 10 Feb 2011
This review is from: The Wean Machine (Baby Product)
I had high hopes for the Wean Machine, but it isn't as good as I thought it would be. The two down sides are: 1. It doesn't get the food as small as a food processor so younger, picky babies may not like it so much. The smaller grill gets the food to stage two baby food, not stage one. 2. The food has to be much softer to be mashed by this than a food processor. I typically cook our food until it is just past tender-crispy so I have to cook much longer, almost to over-done, to use in the Wean Machine (that means baby isn't eating the food cooked the same way I made it for the family, which is why I wanted this little gadget). Once the food is soft enough for the WM, a fork can do almost as good a job, although a fork is harder work.
On the other hand, it is probably easier to transport than a hand run mill so is great when on the go, if very soft food is available. Because it can be taken completely apart, it can be cleaned easily, with no food hiding in unreachable corners. The price is very good for a baby gadget. I do use this a fair bit, but not as much as I had expected to.

Samsonite Pop-Up Travel Cot - colour, Café Creme
Samsonite Pop-Up Travel Cot - colour, Café Creme

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, 18 Nov 2010
I really like this. It folds up so small and is just what we needed. Since we have two kids under two, one needed a travel cot and we didn't want to need a second one! Our baby slept very well in this. It blocks out a lot of visual stimulation, which has really helped her since she's a bit sensitive. When we got home from holiday, I put it in her cot at home so she could carry on getting that benefit from it.
The mattress is a bit thin, but babies' mattresses are quite firm anyway. Just put a blanket underneath the bed itself if you're concerned about a cold floor. A pillowcase works great as a sheet for the mattress, no need to invest in in special sheets!

CARES Child Aviation Restraint System
CARES Child Aviation Restraint System
Offered by GADGETS4TRAVEL

4.0 out of 5 stars Warning-Airline may not accept, 18 Nov 2010
We didn't have any problem with the restraint, but this is apparently not approved in Continental Airlines' handbook (and perhaps other airlines are the same). On the outbound flight, the chief attendant allowed us to use it because it said FAA approved on it, but he didn't consult the handbook. On the return flight, the woman consulted their handbook and thus would not allow us to use it during taxi, take off, and landing, just the times when one would think it would be most wanted. So bear in mind you may buy it and then be not allowed to use it for parts of the flight!!
Oh, just thought I should also add that we were concerned that the strap would interfere with the in-flight entertainment system for the person behind us, but it did not.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Travel, 25 Oct 2010
This is the perfect size for putting passports in to protect them. We find them espeically useful for our daughters since they have dual nationality so we can keep both their passports in one wallet.

Page: 1 | 2