Profile for Sally Holmwood > Reviews

Content by Sally Holmwood

Sally Holmwood

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Dictionary of Banking and Stock Trading: German-English/Worterbuch Fru Das Bank- Und Borsenwesen, Teil 1 : Deutsch-English
by Hans E. Zahn

5.0 out of 5 stars A whole heap of banking vocabulary all in one handy little book!, 4 Jan 2014
Having just started a new job that involves speaking German to banking customers on a daily basis, I knew I would need to buy myself a little light reading prior to starting the job, to help me get to grips with all the vocabulary I might need. For me, this was the perfect choice. Plenty of vocabulary and a very simple layout.

You Know You're a Sailing Fanatic When...
You Know You're a Sailing Fanatic When...
by Ben Fraser
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all sailors and budding sailors!, 4 Jan 2014
I bought this for my cousin and his wife this Christmas and duly sent it off in the post. The report back was that they loved the book and found it incredibly funny! It seems they would recommend it to anyone with an interest in sailing!

Lakeland Fairy Tale Village Chocolate & Gingerbread Gift Mould Set
Lakeland Fairy Tale Village Chocolate & Gingerbread Gift Mould Set
Offered by Lakeland
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have item in every Christmas cookery collection!, 4 Jan 2014
A friend of mine has been making gingerbread houses for years, and often given me a house as a Christmas present. This year I was determined to make some houses of my own. I found two Lakeland houses for sale on the Amazon site, one large single house, and this pair of smaller houses making up the 'village' - this was perfect for me. I have made quite a few chocolate houses using this mould since it arrived, and the moulds are easy to use and incredibly easy to clean. I can't wait for next Christmas now, when I will be able to make more of them!!

The Freedom Writers Diary: How a Teacher and 150 Teens Used Writing to Change Themselves and the World Around Them
by Freedom Writers
Price: 7.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent in every single way!, 5 Dec 2013
This is one of the most amazing books I have ever read. There are no words that can adequately describe how brilliant I think this book is. The young people speak so candidly about their experiences in their accounts and their development throughout the book is amazing. Each account is beautifully written and draws you right in. I could not put this book down!

FiiO E1 Headphone Amplifier - Black
FiiO E1 Headphone Amplifier - Black
Offered by Hifiheadphones
Price: 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I had two options - either send the iPod away to be fixed, or buy one of these! I haven't looked back!, 27 Oct 2013
The headphone jack on my iPod broke. I was distraught. I considered dispatching this out-of-warranty iPod to the nearest iPod miracle-worker, but didn't know if I could justify the potential expense. Then I chanced upon one of these. Unlike many other such devices, designed to channel the headphones through the charger socket, this one has a neat little volume control that allows you to adjust the volume, as is sometimes necessary. That sets it head and shoulders above other such devices. It is fairly robust and lasts a long time too!

Butterfly (Re-Recorded / Remastered )
Butterfly (Re-Recorded / Remastered )
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 27 Oct 2013
Love this song - being about a butterfly, it's very 'me' but it's also very catchy and a great accompaniment to any drive home from work!

Doctor Who - The Complete Series 6 [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Doctor Who - The Complete Series 6 [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Matt Smith
Price: 16.60

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have for all, 27 Oct 2013
I've loved every minute of the new Doctor Who since it returned, and Series 6 is no exception. Matt Smith is continually impressive as the scatty Eleventh Doctor, and Amy and Rory are perfect as his companions. I'll confess that my enthusiasm for this season was not as immediate, with so much of the story set Stateside, but it grew on me as it progressed. With episodes like "The Girl Who Waited" and James Corden's return as Craig in "Closing Time" it's a series not to be missed!

Dr. Martens Adult's 11839002 original 3 eyelet shoe 1461 Black 5 UK
Dr. Martens Adult's 11839002 original 3 eyelet shoe 1461 Black 5 UK
Price: 60.25

5.0 out of 5 stars A great shoe for that all-important job interview!, 27 Oct 2013
As a child, I had huge problems buying shoes to fit my rather wide feet. Then one day I came across Dr. Martens and the rest, as they say, is history. No more trudging around shop after shop to no avail. Just walk into the first shop with a "One pair of Size 5 Dr. Martens, please!" and the job's a good'un in under five minutes! I love the fact that this pair, in particular, came without the yellow threading around the sole - something that, I feel, does not look as professional when attending job interviews. But I love these shoes, they are so unbelievably comfortable, and incredibly smart!

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Price: 0.59

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful tune with a brilliant video!, 27 Oct 2013
This review is from: Hall of Fame (MP3 Download)
I am a huge fan of The Script, and this has to be one of my all-time favourites among their songs!

Anything Could Happen
Anything Could Happen
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this tune!, 27 Oct 2013
What more is there to say - it's one of those tunes you just can't get out of your head once you hear it - beautiful!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5