Profile for Sally Holmwood > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Radioactive
Radioactive

5.0 out of 5 stars Great song by a great group!, 10 Feb 2014
This review is from: Radioactive (MP3 Download)
Absolutely love this song - I could listen to it all day!! It's fantastic - and Imagine Dragons are great!

The Original Peter Rabbit Baby Book - My First Year (Beatrix Potter)
The Original Peter Rabbit Baby Book - My First Year (Beatrix Potter)
by Beatrix Potter

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect little book to remember your perfect little bundle!, 10 Feb 2014
With many friends giving birth recently, i have been looking for books just like this to welcome their new arrival into the world - this is certainly one of my favourites! :)

FLOSO® Ladies/Womens Thinsulate Thermal Fingerless Winter Gloves (3M 40g) (One size) (Pink)
Offered by Universal Textiles & Footwear

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little gloves!, 10 Feb 2014
I bought these to see me through the cold weather, and they did just that. The fit is fairly snug and tight, but the gloves are lovely and warm!

Pentax WG-3 Waterproof Digital Camera - Black (16MP, 4x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD
Offered by The Tech Lodge

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little camera, great little price!, 10 Feb 2014
I previously had a waterproof camera that didn't last as long as I expected it to by any stretch of the imagination. On the recommendations of a friend, I purchased this little gem of a camera. I have yet to try it in the water, but so far the camera has been great. It takes fantastic little pictures! One feature that I really like about the camera is the way that it arranges the photos on the memory card. They are easier to find than on other cameras that I've had in the past - pictures are organised into different folders, one for each day! It's a great little camera, and so far I'm pleased with it!

Zoggs Drawstring Wet Bag Pink
Zoggs Drawstring Wet Bag Pink
Offered by Sweatband

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little swimming bag!, 10 Feb 2014
This review is from: Zoggs Junior Rucksack (Sports)
I bought one of these for a young girl for Christmas and she absolutely loved it! I think it's a great little bag too, and - lover of pink that I am! - I think the design is very pretty.

Pentax Neoprene Case for W Series Digital Cameras - Black
Pentax Neoprene Case for W Series Digital Cameras - Black
Offered by Camera Centre UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well!, 10 Feb 2014
I bought one of these little gems to protect my brand new camera and it does exactly what it is supposed to do. The only thing about it that I find a little disappointing is that, with the little protector clipped round the lens of the camera, it's a very, very tight squeeze putting the camera back into the case - but it can be done!

Tetris Fridge Magnets
Tetris Fridge Magnets
Offered by NODSHOP

5.0 out of 5 stars My Fridge now loves Tetris as much as I do!, 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: Tetris Fridge Magnets (Toy)
I used to love playing Tetris as a child, and even now will occasionally engage in a game or two. So to find this available as a fridge magnet is great - not for me those little magnets with individual words to make up poems and phrases. This is perfect!!

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time
by Mark Haddon

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, should be the first thing to go on everyone's bookshelf!, 16 Jan 2014
I was aware of the existence of this book for a long while before reading it myself. I had heard it described by people I knew who had read it, and people in general, as "a book about a person with high functioning autism, or Aspergers". But this is something I believe even the author denies. For whatever reason he chose to write the book, Mark Haddon has created something amazing. Haddon doesn't give a specific label to Christopher's condition, but he paints a vivid picture of how starkly it affects him. I've worked with individuals with learning difficulties, many of whom have behavioural issues, for 20 years and could see aspects of their behaviour reflected in Christopher's conduct as the story developed. For that reason, for spotting those similarities, the book made me laugh and smile in places throughout. There are things in the book I think many of us can relate to, whether things we ourselves have felt or experienced, or a part of the behaviour of someone we know. You may have experience of individuals with behavioural issues, you may not. But, whether you do, or you don't, I can guarantee this book will have you hooked right to the end - enjoy!

Once: A New Musical
Once: A New Musical
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, simply stunning!, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: Once: A New Musical (Audio CD)
To put it quite simply, I think everyone ought to have a copy of this album in their collection! Amazing!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing game, amazing value!, 4 Jan 2014
I was introduced to this game the other day by a friend, who had followed the game's progress from its inception through the development stages and right up to the point of being funded as a Kickstarter project. I'd heard snippets about it along the way, but didn't see the attraction - until, that is, he brought it round one evening to demo. After just one game, I was hooked, and had to get my hands on my very own copy. A number of people have compared it to Yahtzee and, in a way, I suppose it is. It's "Rock, Paper, Scissors" meets "Yahtzee" with something of the thrill of "Who wants to be a Millionaire" thrown in. As you make your way through the levels, facing dragons as you go, can you hold your nerve long enough to make it to the highest level? Or will you choose to bow out early and take all your winnings with you? It's a great little game, and one I think all the family will enjoy! :)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5