Profile for Anthony Benning > Reviews

Content by Anthony Benning

Anthony Benning

Battle Story Austerlitz 1805
Battle Story Austerlitz 1805

4.0 out of 5 stars but eventually it all came together and I enjoyed the summarization of the peninsula campaigns and Waterloo yup, 12 April 2015
I found this book a bit hard to get into first, mainly because of the difficulty reading the maps, but eventually it all came together and I enjoyed the summarization of the peninsula campaigns and Waterloo yup, a good book..

History of the War in the Peninsular and in the South of France, from the year 1807 to the year 1814 - Vol. I

3.0 out of 5 stars but the times I have used it have proved most useful and fit for purpose, 17 Mar. 2015
I've not used the drill extensively yet, but the times I have used it have proved most useful and fit for purpose. Watch this space...

Waterloo 1815 - Captain Mercer's Journal : The Illustrated Edition (Military History from Primary Sources)

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm still thinking of the sad tales of the horses, 5 Mar. 2015
A harrowing account well written, I'm still thinking of the sad tales of the horses, something that seems over looked in other books I've read on the subject. Brilliant, I didn't want it to end.

REME Royal Electrical Mechanical Engineers (QC) Cap Badge
REME Royal Electrical Mechanical Engineers (QC) Cap Badge
Offered by Brigade UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Feb. 2015
I'do the job required of it thanks...

The Autobiography Of Lieutenant-General Sir Harry Smith Baronet of Aliwal On the Sutlej, G.C.B.

5.0 out of 5 stars briliant if you like military history, 22 Nov. 2014
I'm not at the end of this book yet but already IFeel justified in giving it 5 stars. I can't believe one soldier could have so much experience without a wound. After waterloo, I thought I mustbe near the end now, but no he just keeps on, briliant if you like military history....

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 26 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Follow The Drum (Kindle Edition)
I prefer non-fiction so haven't read all of it...

They Shall Not Pass
They Shall Not Pass

1.0 out of 5 stars Likewise I don't like fiction., 2 July 2014
My interest at the moment does not include soldiering after 1900, so I haven't read this book. Likewise I don't like fiction.

The Peninsular War: A New History
The Peninsular War: A New History
by Charles Esdaile

5.0 out of 5 stars explains the position Spain played in the war., 17 April 2014
This book was deeper than I first expected it to be, but I stuck with it and ended with a clearer picture of the Peninsular war. A most informative and enjoyable read....

The Indian Mutiny
The Indian Mutiny
by Julian Spilsbury

5.0 out of 5 stars take a quantity of tranqilisers before embarking on this unbelievable journey..., 17 April 2014
This review is from: The Indian Mutiny (Paperback)
Full of heroism, treachery and raw courage. It's difficult to believe that it's not fiction. I couldn't wait to finish the book so that I could read it again...