ARRAY(0xabf2b3cc)

Profile for ShadowFox > Reviews

Content by ShadowFox

ShadowFox (London, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Samrick Executive Specially Designed Leather Book Folio Wallet Case with Exclusive Viewing Stand for 8 inch Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 P8200 - Pink
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely perfect!, 23 Jan 2014
Exactly what I wanted! Quality protection for my new tablet in my favourite colour, pink! It stands up for easier reading, can be used in the cover, just perfect!

It was also sent amazingly fast, ordered in the afternoon and received the following morning, so happy! Amazing, highly recommended! :)

Born To Die (Standard Version) [Explicit]
Born To Die (Standard Version) [Explicit]
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My fave album of 2012!, 18 Feb 2012
I love this album so so much! I think the 'slating' Lana Del Rey has received - I know she's got a stage name but duh! I don't care! - has distracted everyone from the fact that she has an amazingly strange voice - meant in a good way! Unique! I think another reviewer mentioned that her voice and style reminds me of Ellie Goulding, who I also love! She is completely different to any other artist, sings like she's a bad ass but in a beautiful way, if that makes sense!

I love her, this album must be heard by more people, it's amazing and I could listen to it all day and all night! I love everything about it, her voice, the music...everything.

Our Version Of Events
Our Version Of Events

5.0 out of 5 stars L-l-l-l-LOVE this album!!, 18 Feb 2012
A truly fantastic album, full of soulful and interesting songs, great for listening to a whole album, not one for skipping a few because they're boring! Her voice is amazing and the music in the songs lovely.

Something I really like about the album is that it's got 14 tracks - which seems like a bargain for the price! I don't know about anyone else but whenever I buy an album with 11 songs it feels like I've been cheated somehow, especially when the artist then brings out a 'Deluxe' version, not mentioning any names (Rihanna!!) - it certainly doesn't feel like Emeli has recorded any songs as 'fillers'. I love them all!

Keep up the good work Emeli! :)

Highly recommended!

Lights
Lights
Price: 3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing album!!!!, 20 Aug 2010
This review is from: Lights (Audio CD)
I've had this album for a few months now and love it!!! Have been listening to it non-stop and it never gets boring.

It's one of those albums where you don't have to wind any songs on because they're all amazing. I recommend Ellie's album to everyone I know.

Stunning debut album, can't wait for the next one!!!

Elephants: A Book for Children
Elephants: A Book for Children
by Steve Bloom
Price: 7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 5 Jun 2009
As all the other reviewers have said, this book is fantastic for children (as well as adults!) It has stunning pictures and not too much writing, so children won't get bored reading it, but has enough writing to learn interesting facts about elephants.

The front cover alone made me buy this: my son will think the picture of the baby elephant is so cute and will make him want to read it immediately. Seriously impressed by this book, which was bought on a whim.

FANTASTIC!!

Lyonesse
Lyonesse
Price: 11.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!, 10 Jan 2009
This review is from: Lyonesse (Audio CD)
It seems I am in the minority here: I had never heard of the Medieval Baebes before and did not know that the 'Lyonesse' cd existed. It was only after purchasing a cd by Triniti (another fabulous Irish group!) that Amazon suggested this to me and, on a whim and because I thought it would be great, I added it to my Amazon wishlist and received it for Christmas. However, because I added Lyonesse to my wishlist it suggested the Medieval Baebes to me. Because my mum and I both read Medieval novels I thought it would make a nice present for her and she loved it (but that's a different review!).

Anyway, back to Lyonesse. I have to say that, like with the Triniti cd, I was pleasantly surprised. In a way it's strange but at the same time blows you away. Emily Ovenden's voice is superb, and this is without a doubt my favourite album of the moment.

By far, my favourite songs are Sweet Rosemary (Song 4) and Battle of Camlann (Song 6), although I love The Boatman (Song 8) and all of them after that.

Love it and can't wait for the next one, if there is one. Buy it!

Nancy Drew White Wolf of Icicle Creek (PC)
Nancy Drew White Wolf of Icicle Creek (PC)
Offered by SC-WHOLESALE
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The White Wolf of Icicle Creek, 9 Jan 2009
I really liked this game, ok so it's different from previous Nancy Drew games but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I found it easier, quicker and better! I did miss the old music but it plays when the credits show if I remember rightly.

Right, so the game: it's packed with puzzles and challenges and, my personal favourite, making food! I really enjoyed it and it had me gripped. I love it when it's packed with challenging puzzles, not too easy but certainly doable. I have only one complaint (although I won't go into too much detail lest I spoil it for people who have not played this yet): the bit at the end took me a long time to do. It should have been easy but it took me many many many times to actually get past the bit at the end. However, I think this made it all the more exciting when I did actually get past it - (it's not a bug, you just have to keep on going until 'the accident' happens) Is it just me or did other people have difficulty with it? However, it didn't spoil the game and isn't so dreadful that I would knock a star off.

Cool game, packed with things to do and all-round enjoyable. Buy it!

Ben 10 Double Puzzle (100 Pieces)
Ben 10 Double Puzzle (100 Pieces)
Offered by Balloon Shop
Price: 3.50

2.0 out of 5 stars Great, cheap puzzle, but..., 17 Aug 2008
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
You have to rip this apart to open it! There's no clear opening! Usually you keep the box to copy the picture, right? Well it's annoying keeping this box because it's ripped and not like a proper puzzle box. Not very well thought out at all. It's actually sealed all the way around so there's no way to open it apart from ripping, which I hate doing!

Having said that, I have still given this 2 stars because the actual puzzle is good and my son liked doing it, and says that the pictures of 'Heatblast' and 'Diamondhead' are cool.

Very disappointing considering Ben 10 is so cool but is let down by the stupid box.

Aladdin [DVD]
Aladdin [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robin Williams
Offered by hungry for media
Price: 9.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Disney at it's best!, 17 Aug 2008
This review is from: Aladdin [DVD] (DVD)
This film has to be one of if not THE best Disney film there is. The story is great, the voices perfect, the songs brilliant! My favourite song from Aladdin is probably Friend Like Me but that's because I love Genie. However, all the songs are great in this film, there's none that you roll your eyes to because Disney have that great way of including a lovely slowie into a film but still having the humour there (like with A Whole New World).

Loved this film when I was little and chuffed now that my littl'un loves it too. Great fun for family viewing and still funny for adults!

The Muppet Christmas Carol [DVD]
The Muppet Christmas Carol [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Caine
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 4.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 1 Dec 2007
Not only do you have one of the best actors ever in this film, Michael Caine, who is a fantastic Scrooge, but you have all the Muppet favourites: Kermit, Miss Piggy, Gonzo and even little Robin. A classic Christmas story made with the Muppets! What else could you ask for?

One of my favourite films ever with fabulous songs which gives you the excited feeling about Christmas without fail! Buy it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3