Profile for Gillian Wood > Reviews

Content by Gillian Wood

Gillian Wood

The Moment We Began (Fairhope Book 2)
The Moment We Began (Fairhope Book 2)
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick and easy but entertaining read, 3 Oct 2013
I received an Arc copy of this in exchange for an honest review

I really enjoyed this book. I wasn't sure what I'd think of it knowing Penny was the kinda spoiled rich girl from the first book but I really grew to like her. At the start I felt like she was a doormat for Mason and I didn't have much respect for her but as she grew and changed throughout the book I found myself wanting to see her suceed and get everything in life that she never really knew she wanted. I was drawn along on her adventures and honestly couldn't put this book down. The steamy scenes also weren't so sweet they made me sick and not too over the top with the descriptions. They fit in with the tone of the book nicely. Overall, this is a really great read.

I'm giving it 4/5 because the end seemed to come a little too quickly. I feel like there was potential to have another few chapters, exploring the consequences of her actions a bit.

Jealous
Jealous
Price: 12.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply amazing., 5 Dec 2012
This review is from: Jealous (Audio CD)
Jenn is one of those singer/songwriters who come along once in a generation. The powerful voice and touching lyrics demand your attentions from the word go. Telling stories everyone can relate to of both loss and hope, with a little bit of wistfulness in there makes this a compelling listen.

I had the pleasure to see her live last month when she toured with Christian Kane. I was very non fussed when she came on but she captured my attention very quickly and had me (and 99% of the attendees) in tears as she sang Jealous of the Angels.

This album is truly inspiring and everyone should listen to it.

Creative EP-630 Noise Isolating Earphones (Black) (discontinued by manufacturer)

2.0 out of 5 stars Good while they work, 25 Sep 2012
The sound quality in these is good enough for someone using them in a gym and on the bus and knows enough to know they are good but not enough to know where the problems are if that makes sense.

My problem with these headphones is the 3 pairs I've had in 1 year that all broke 6 weeks to 2 months after use! The first pair I could give the benefit of the doubt, maybe it was my fault, the second pair could be co-incidence but 3 pairs, no way, it is the build quality that sucks.

Fossil Ladies Trend, Black leather strap with stud details, black dial
Fossil Ladies Trend, Black leather strap with stud details, black dial

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 12 Feb 2009
Watch is smaller than expected, much thiner but still a fab buy, face is very easy to see, strap is great quality and very comfortable. I've been looking for a watch like this for a few years and this is def the best value for money I've seen.