Profile for Boots Bentley > Reviews

Content by Boots Bentley

Boots Bentley "GolfNut" (London, UK)

Febreze Vanilla Air Freshener Candle (Pack of 3)
Febreze Vanilla Air Freshener Candle (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Scented Candle, 10 Feb. 2011
These candles really do work in particular for smokers. Although I smoke outdoors at home, I have certain visitors who, by reason of their age, I permit to smoke indoors. I have found this particular candle to be the best at nullifying the smell within minutes.

Elegant Touch Rapid Dry Nail Spray
Elegant Touch Rapid Dry Nail Spray
Offered by KrystalDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Michael Jackson in Killer I Ain't, 3 Jan. 2011
You've painted your nails. They are perfect. Now forget about wandering around for ten or fifteen minutes like Michael Jackson in a "Killer" DVD. Equally, forget about looking as though you are trying to get a "7" for excellent hands on Strictly Come dancing. And you can forget about brushing against clothing and having to re-paint. Just use this spray and that professional nail job that you have just spent ages doing is dried in seconds. One word of warning. If your husband/boyfriend is nearby, leave the room to spray as the coughing and spluttering will ruin his watching of Match Of The Day. Then again, since you've made the effort, why shouldn't he notice. Everything has its plus side! Great results from a really useful spray.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 8, 2013 9:26 PM GMT

All Over The World: The Very Best Of ELO
All Over The World: The Very Best Of ELO

5.0 out of 5 stars ELO - A Hidden Gem, 15 Nov. 2010
I had completely forgotten just how good ELO and Jeff Lynne were until I came across the track 'Hold On Tight' on YouTube some two months ago. That find led me on to even more ELO tracks and persuaded me to look for the various ELO CDs that contained those several tracks. First port of call (naturally) was Amazon and you can imagine my surprise when I found all - and I mean ALL - of the tracks that I had been listening to on this one "Very Best Of ..." CD. ELO is an extraordinary group with wonderful vocals and tight harmonies; some extraordinary keyboard work; and a real rock and roll feel to their music.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Is It Just Your Humour That's Dry?, 13 May 2010
I 'discovered' Nikwax three years ago despite it being around for ages. Since then I have found the TechWash and TX Direct products to be the very best at re-waterproofing my ProQuip goretex golf 'wets' - I re-proof twice a year. I have also used the Nikwax products on two of my Helly Hansen goretex jackets and noticed a marked improvement in their resistance to water. It can't just be me that's noticed!

My Christmas
My Christmas
Offered by filmrollen

2.0 out of 5 stars Bocelli Botch Up, 4 Jan. 2010
This review is from: My Christmas (Audio CD)
Don't waste your money on this. It is a poor CD both in terms of song selection and - it's difficult to say this as a Bocelli fan - the quality of the singing. I expect a lot more from this man.

Notes to my Mother-in-Law
Notes to my Mother-in-Law
by Phyllida Law

5.0 out of 5 stars The Same Thing Has Happened To Me, 12 Nov. 2009
Excellent book to pick up for short reads and then come back to time and time again. If you have elderly parents/parents in law you will be get an instant mental picture of the same things happening to you.

PowerLock Corner Basket
PowerLock Corner Basket

1.0 out of 5 stars Corner Shower Tray, 30 Sept. 2009
The product sucks - or rather it didn't!! Because no accurate dimensions are given in the description it is not possible to judge where the suction pads will fall when put into the shower on the tiles and if the pads happen to touch the grout, the pads will not stick. VERY VERY disappointed with this item.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 28, 2010 6:12 PM BST

PowerLock Shower Basket Large
PowerLock Shower Basket Large

4.0 out of 5 stars Shower Basket, 30 Sept. 2009
Had one of these which I was very happy with until it came unstuck and fell off in the shower and broke one of the mounts for the suction pads. The fact that I have bought another is testimony to how useful they are. It is worthwhile re-sticking every (say) couple of months. Also watch out for the distance between your shower tiles. Where the suction pads are on the basket is a fixed distance and you cannot have any part of the suction pads on the grout otherwise it will not adhere. I found this out to my cost when I bought the corner basket version. I wish they gave accurate dimensions in the description!

Let It Go
Let It Go
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars WillyWontee, 4 Feb. 2009
This review is from: Let It Go (Audio CD)
Good selection of songs as usual from WY but - and this is a personal view - not his best selection. Despite his brilliance as a composer, WY's voice is his most valuable asset and these songs just don't allow it to shine. It's probably me but ever since Pop Idol days, I have compared the quality of WY's voice to that of Labi Siffre from way back - but 30-plus years does dull the senses. Anyway, a must CD for a WY fan but you'll end up playing previous CDs more.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 4, 2009 3:50 PM GMT

Diva Las Vegas [CD + DVD]
Diva Las Vegas [CD + DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars middlerdiddler, 4 Feb. 2009
This CD(+DVD), which was at the time the latest to be released, turned out to be a very good buy in terms of content and especially price. However, the existence of an earlier release CD(only) but the one being promoted on Christmas TV caused me to hesitate as to which one to buy since it was being bought as a present. In fact, this CD(+DVD) turned out to be the better buy by far for any Bette Midler fan since Bette's act is part and parcel of her appeal and the DVD is a pleasure to watch.