Profile for siripad > Reviews

Content by siripad

siripad

Lenovo IdeaCenter A700 23 inch All-in-One PC (IntelCore i3-530M 2.26GHz, 4Gb, 640Gb, TV Tuner, Webcam, BT, Win 7 Home Premium)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money I paid, 29 April 2011
Bought my first ever Lenovo A700 with i5, 1TB, 4GB, BluRay from Laptop Outlet (should write a separate review for this fantastic retailer they are 5*)

Usage:
Home Office, Email, Surf, Web Development and little programming.

Appearance:
A700 looks great and liked the design. Grey/Graphite Aluminium case stands out compared to other AIO Desktop computers. I had a Dell 17 Monitor and the table used with that looks fairly small for the A700.

Operating System:
It comes with Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium version. If you are keen on the stability of the OS this is no match with Windows XP. Some of my programmed didn't work with this 64 Bit version of Windows 7. Worryingly you cannot pick your preferred OS with this machine.

Screen:
Although I am not that fancy about touch screens it worked fine and my 5 year old daughter loved to play some games using the multi touch screen. Pictures are Sharp as this is a Full HD screen, but I was struggling with the reflections as the screen is too shiny.

Processor:
I picked the Intel i5 processor version as there was a clear £250 difference to the next i7 version (+ 2TB HDD and 6GB RAM). These are still Laptop processors and I felt the lack of real Desktop performance in this All In One desktop. But the i5 M processor still capable of delivering what you want from an average Desktop.

Audio:
This machine comes with JBL Audio and I am impressed with the sound quality.

Keyboard & Mouse:
This is the most worrying part. Lenovo uses Bluetooth technology for both the Keyboard and the Mouse and failed to made them to match the rest of the machine and the price. KB is very compacted and the key layout is quite out of the standard layout when I used to. Arrow keys are too close and I always pressed the wrong key. Function key "Fn" is put to the place where you usually find the Control "Ctrl" key - so I was struggling with this change in the Lenovo KB. Mouse felt too big compared to other optical wireless mouse I've used so far. KB will not respond quickly enough when waking up from sleep mode or idle. Usually you will miss about 6-8 characters when you first start typing. Mouse has a significant lag of 2-3 seconds and difficult to point to the objects. I had few calls with Lenovo and the Retailer trying to resolve these BlueTooth issues, but unable to find a solution. BT drivers were updated to their latest versions from BroadCom but issue persist. Some other Lenovo A700 users have found the same issue and you will find them in the Lenovo Forums and I found this BT issue is very annoying.

High Pitch Noise:
There is a very high electronic Pitch coming from the machine even the Audio is fully down this was very annoying as you will hear it among all other noises. Only remedy for this is to plug a headphone to the headphone jack. Unfortunately this isn't a solution.

Having tried to resolve these issues for a couple of weeks, regrettably I had to return my first ever Lenovo purchase for a full refund. Laptop Outlet staff was fantastic throughout from ordering to return the item.

BlackBerry D-X1
BlackBerry D-X1
Offered by EBIZWORLD

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as expected, 1 Oct. 2010
This review is from: BlackBerry D-X1
My BB Curve 8900 is bit of a busy phone, I send/receive at least 25 emails a day on average plus abit of browsing. While Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are on. Initially the original battery could cope up to 3 days, but it has come down to few hours over a 9 month period, so I ordered this Genuine DX-1 battery.

To disappoint me from the day 1, the battery could not hold more than a day and quickly draining to complete loss.

Umbra Bianca Bath Shower Adjustable Tension Rod 42-72" Chrome And White
Umbra Bianca Bath Shower Adjustable Tension Rod 42-72" Chrome And White

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money paid, 1 Oct. 2010
When I first saw this product I thought it will tick all the boxes I need. In the picture it appears great. It was still the same thought when I first opende the box. However, I am little disappointed with its performance.

It doesn't come with those nice hooks as seen in the picture, just the pole. Before I fixing it I noticed the two soles at each end that could help to keep the bar with a good grip. But they are more like plastic than rubber. I knew it's going to fall so soon. Like I expected the whole thing collapsed just within 10 minutes. The very reason is the two soles on each end are not rubber so they cannot hold the weight with a good grip against the tiled wall.

I ordered this on behalf of my landlord so I didn't want to take the hassel of returning it. Instead I modified both ends removing the plastic soles and replaced with rubber pads - for reference I am a DIY person and like sort of work.

If you are not bothering doing such handy work and have full height tiled walls (where you are putting this pole against), this may not be your choice.