Profile for Rich > Reviews

Content by Rich

Rich "Rich007" (UK)

Samsung 64GB Class 10 UHS-1 Grade 1 70 MB/s microSDXC Pro Memory Card with MicroSD Adapter
Offered by Luzern

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with Samsung S3 GT-I9305, 6 Mar 2014
I bought this 64GB microSDXC card for my Samsung S3 GT-I9305

I bought this direct from Amazon especially as others claimed to receive fake ones, I wanted the peace of mind.
I had some doubts before purchase as some reviewers said that this card would either not work at all or they could only see 32GB in their S3.

Mine sees the full 64GB (slightly less after formatting as is normal). I have intentionally included my full S3 model number as I have the newer model that supports 4G, so its still possible there might be an issue with S3's of a different model number, other reviewers failed to mention their model number.

Installation was easy I simply turned off my phone, put in the card, turned on the phone and it did everything for me. It was ready to use within seconds. It also comes with an adapter so you can plug it into your PC or other device that supports the larger cards.

In terms of performance I notice no stuttering or quality loss vs. on board storage.

The only reasons for choosing Samsung over any other brand was price and availability, so far so good after 4 or so months.

StarTech 1m USB to Micro USB and Mini USB Combo Cable - White
StarTech 1m USB to Micro USB and Mini USB Combo Cable - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Best fitting cable for my Samsung S3, 6 Mar 2014
I bought a number of cheap £1 unbranded micro USB cables a couple of years ago, 1 by 1 they started to fail so I wanted something that would last longer and fit my phone better. The official branded Samsung cable I got with the phone also felt loose in my S3.

I stumbled upon this StarTech cable originally about 6 months ago, I liked the dual connector so even if it was no improvement for my phone I had other uses for it, I still have an old camera with Mini USB so it seemed ideal to be able to use it with more devices with multiple connection types.

This cable fits my Samsung S3 better than Samsung, HTC and Nokia branded cables.
The connector is well built and feels rugged. I've yet to experience a single problem with it.
The only downside is that Startech only make a 1m cable of this type. I have another 2m Startech cable but it is not the same quality and again doesn't fit as well as this in my S3.

I now own 2 of these cables, 1 for work and 1 for home. My current number 1 choice for micro USB cable.

Flux for Life [Explicit]
Flux for Life [Explicit]

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good album - However Amazon MP3 production quality is poor, 5 Jan 2014
Firstly the music is very good. Despite over 4 years old it feels very fresh.
I suggest you have a listen on Spotify (where I discovered Mimosa).
My favourite is 'The Unseen' which is the last track, so from start to finish its all good with no fillers!

However, Amazons production quality is poor on this release and would advise looking at alternative places to buy. For example the last couple of beats from track 2 is the first couple of beats of track 3. Its like their recording system didn't work properly.

This is the exact reason that I only buy MP3's when it is the only medium available.
I really wish this was on CD but I've looked in various countries and can't find a copy. Take note Mimosa I HATE MP3's grrr! Please put it on CD.

A SIGN OF FAITH
A SIGN OF FAITH

5.0 out of 5 stars Punchy and refreshing, 13 Jun 2012
This review is from: A SIGN OF FAITH (Audio CD)
I'm not going into some lengthy review as I am of the old skool when it comes to music, I believe it should be a journey that you discover on your own with good and bad albums along the way. I ignore album reviews and if I like just one song I buy the album... take a gamble

I first discovered the band on MySpace and loved every preview song on there. As with most un-signed bands you dont expect to ever see a CD or MP3 album so freaked out a little when I spotted the CD here and bought it straight away!

I like the harder edge they portray unlike the previous reviewer, why the hell would you want to 'sand away' the heavier style, so they can be like all the others? Keep it heavy! Looking forward to the next album.

To sum up the album in my opinion, some great guitar riffs and some unique styles. For 2 quid this is an album to be explored!!

Panasonic ER-GN30 Nose, Ear & Facial Hair Wet and Dry Trimmer with Vortex Cleaning System
Offered by M.T.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good first trimmer (Ears only), 1 Oct 2011
I bought this for trimming ear hair. I don't need to use it for nose, beard or eyebrow which this device can also be used for, so I can't comment on those uses.

This is my first trimmer and didn't really know what to expect.
Thankfully it's very easy to use in the ear and doesn't require too much brain power, but don't expect the 158 page manual to be any help either. It's not awkward to hold or manoeuvre. There is no hidden technique just get on with it.

Results are good and surprisingly smooth. Better than the trimmer at my local hair dressers, that one always leaves my ears with a prickly feel. I just thought I had very thick ear hair.

Seems easy to clean and you have 3 ways to do it, water wash, jet wash, or simply the cleaning brush.

What's in the box? The trimmer itself with a protective cap, a cleaning brush, a 158 page manual (9 pages in English) coupled with a 76 page guarantee (1 page in English). Those both weigh more than the device itself.

Finally the item description claims this to be a "Wet and Dry" trimmer. Nowhere on the box or in the manual does it mention that this can be used in the shower, with a wet face or with any creams etc... The model I received was ER-GN30-K (don't know where the 503 went). The mention of water is for cleaning. What's more annoying is the UK Panasonic website (at time of writing) has no information about this model. So I wouldn't buy this if you wanted to use it in the shower, I don't need to just for ear hair.

Overall it's easy to use, easy to clean, good results and a very good price.