Profile for Jelly Bean Beth > Reviews

Content by Jelly Bean Beth

Jelly Bean Beth (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
MaxiNutrition Promax 60 g Dark Chocolate Orange Recover and Rebuild Bars - Box of 12 (Formerly Known as Maximuscle)
Offered by Buffalo Nutrition

5.0 out of 5 stars Good taste, 18 May 2014
Really like these bars. Unfortunately they've since increased in price.

Good protein content and very filling.

Gives me a chocolate hit without all the fat and with lots of protein!

Have tried the orange, tastes a little like a dark Terry's chocolate orange, and the plain. Marginally prefer the plain.

Would recommend as a handy snack/on the go meal replacement.

Eat Water Slim Noodles 270g (Pack of 5)
Eat Water Slim Noodles 270g (Pack of 5)

1.0 out of 5 stars Disgusting, 18 May 2014
I don't know why I was expecting these to resemble standard noodles or taste like them.

The fishy smell disappeared post vigorous washing but they just tasted strange. They popped in my mouth and it had a strange consistency, like I was chewing water encased in elastic bands.

Won't be buying them again, I'll just eat smaller amounts of regular noodles & enjoy!

Powerbar Protein Plus Chocolate 55g Pack of 15
Powerbar Protein Plus Chocolate 55g Pack of 15

5.0 out of 5 stars Tastes lovely, 18 May 2014
These bars taste really nice, like the bottom part of a Mars bar.

There isn't a chemical after taste with them. They are covered in a nice layer of chocolate too.

Protein content isn't too bad at 17 grams, ideal if you're looking to replace a chocolate bar habit with something a little more nutritious.

Reasonably priced when compared to in store prices!

PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter and PB2 with Premium Chocolate. (Pack of 2)
PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter and PB2 with Premium Chocolate. (Pack of 2)
Offered by Wholesale UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely alternative to peanut butter, 18 May 2014
Although it's powdered this peanut butter is delicious.

You can mix it depending on your preferred consistency & it's great to use in cakes too.

Lovely taste of peanut butter without the high calorie and protein content.

Pure Protein Bars Chocolate Chip Bars Pack of 6
Pure Protein Bars Chocolate Chip Bars Pack of 6

1.0 out of 5 stars Try others first, 18 May 2014
I tried these because promax bars had increased considerably in price. I really wish I hadn't, they tasted of playdoh & smelt synthetic.

Nutritionally they are ok but I'd rather eat some eggs or a can of tuna instead.

Wouldn't recommend.

Trek Cocoa Brownie Natural Energy Bars 68 g (Pack of 12)
Trek Cocoa Brownie Natural Energy Bars 68 g (Pack of 12)
Offered by Superfooduk

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice taste, 18 May 2014
The taste is quite strange on the first bite, as it's made with no sugar which, having eaten mostly cadburys, is a bit of a shock to the system.

But by the end of the first bar I would definitely buy these again. Not overly sweet & the cocoa gives enough of a chocolately hint without being overwhelming. It's quite a dry bar too which I was surprised about given that its main ingredient is dates.

Would recommend.

FitFlop Via Flame - (Womens - 6 UK)
FitFlop Via Flame - (Womens - 6 UK)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value and comfy, 18 May 2014
So comfy & good fit. I am a size 6 & these were true to size. Feels like I'm walking on little clouds although I'm not sure my bottom is toned by them - doing squats is more beneficial!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful banana taste!, 18 May 2014
This powder gets a one star (wish it could be zero) as the product tastes so chemically I had to throw it away.

Yes, nutritionally it offers a good protein to calorie and carb ration but the aftertaste is very bitter. I tried it with oatmeal, with oatmeal & sugar, with water and with milk & soya milk. Nothing made it taste nice! I got my family to test it too & they had to spit it out.

Don't waste your money, eat some tuna, protein bars or yoghurt instead, eat them with a banana if that's what you are looking for taste wise!

I'm disappointed that I wasted my money & won't be making this mistake twice!

The Gospel According to Chris Moyles: The Story of a Man and His Mouth
The Gospel According to Chris Moyles: The Story of a Man and His Mouth
by Chris Moyles

1.0 out of 5 stars If only there was a minus 5 stars option!, 13 Sep 2007
I was really looking forward to reading this book - but I was bitterly disappointed. It has no substance whatsoever & it comes across as though Moyles really believes his own overblown hype. I've always admired his ability to say what he feels on air, but in the book he constantly says something slightly negative about someone & then adds something along the lines of: but if you're reading this I'm sure next time we meet we can be friendly & you're not really that bad. It's a bit timid really - Sharon Osbournes book is much more interesting and she doesn't blather on & try to make nice with irritating people. Don't even bother with this bland egotistical read!

Medium - Season 1 [DVD]
Medium - Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Patricia Arquette

4.0 out of 5 stars No Extras, but still great, 15 Aug 2006
This review is from: Medium - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
If I was reviewing the show independently of its DVD format, it would have got 5 stars. However, it only got 4 stars because there were NO extras at all with the English version - what a let down - it may not have as big a following here in the UK but that doesn't mean we aren't just as devoted fans!! Hopefully they won't re-release it with the extras after I have forked out for this version. Anyway the show itself is fantastic - consistently great storylines. It's a less twee Ghost Whisperer - and more believable. I can't wait for season two - but hope they put on extras!!!

Page: 1 | 2