Profile for Miss D > Reviews

Content by Miss D

Miss D

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Shattered Valor (Red Team Book 2)
Shattered Valor (Red Team Book 2)
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A Very Good Read!, 22 Oct 2013
The Red Team (a covert military unit) is a series of books by Ms Levine.
This one so far for me is the best. The hero has a traumatic childhood which still affects him into adulthood.
If you like your heroes flawed Ms Levine books are the ones to read.

Rescued by a Highlander: Alex and Maddie (Highlander Clan Grant Series Book 1)
Rescued by a Highlander: Alex and Maddie (Highlander Clan Grant Series Book 1)
Price: 1.84

3.0 out of 5 stars Started off well but a bit of a letdown at the end, 22 Oct 2013
I really enjoyed the book for about three quarters of the way but felt that it became a bit flat and predictable at the end.
It felt like the author had run out of ideas at the end. Saying that, I would still recommend it.
Everyone is different in their likes and dislikes. Someone else who has read this book might absolutely love it.

Miss D

Dark Waters (The Barkley Sound Series Book 2)
Dark Waters (The Barkley Sound Series Book 2)
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read!, 22 Oct 2013
From the first few pages of this book I knew it would have me hooked.
I absolutely loved it. It was nice to have a different take on the male hero.
He had been in prison for the majority of his life (I will not tell you why, buy it and find out) and would be paying the penalty
for the rest of his life i.e parole meetings etc. I liked that there wasn't the usual "happy ending" but that the hero and heroine would come to terms with what has affected their lives in a normal way. The way most people do in real life.
I recommend Dark Waters if you want something a bit different.

Denise

Leah and the Bounty Hunter (Men of Defiance)
Leah and the Bounty Hunter (Men of Defiance)
Price: 2.19

5.0 out of 5 stars More Bounty Hunters Please!, 4 Aug 2013
I have read the other two in the Defiance series but this is my favourite.
A ruthless bounty hunter with a heart of gold.
If you like historical romance set in the American west then this is for you.
I won't say any more than that. Buy and see for yourself

Love's Peril (Lord Trent Series Book 3)
Love's Peril (Lord Trent Series Book 3)
Price: 0.77

3.0 out of 5 stars An Alright Read, 4 Aug 2013
I paid just 38p for this and It was a good bargain.

A nice story. I didn't think much of the two male protagonists. To my mind they came across as self absorbed and not very likeable throughout most of the story. In the end my opinion did change.but I had to get to nearly the end to change my mind.

The Calhoun Chronicles Bundle (The Calhoun Chronicles - Book 1): The Charm School / The Horsemaster's Daughter / Halfway To Heaven
Price: 4.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Solid Reads, 4 Aug 2013
I have read two out of the three and have started the third.
They are good solid reads. At least two of the books have over 400 plus pages and for 4.80 that is a bargain.
Just think I was going to buy one of the books in this bundle for 4.80. A good thing I continued browsing.
I always look at the how many pages a book (author and story a given) before I think of buying it. Some books to my mind are not worth it if they have less than 350 pages. If you are looking for graphic love scenes then do not buy Ms Wiggs. If you want a nice good read with excellent writing and editing then Ms Wiggs is your author.

Body Sculpture BM1505 Power Slimmer
Body Sculpture BM1505 Power Slimmer
Price: 102.46

4.0 out of 5 stars I liked it but....., 2 Aug 2013
I liked the Power Slimmer very much, especially the different settings and price was not bad.
A few gripes that I had with was it did not come with any clear exercise instructions, so I had to make up my own. Also it used to rattle when turned on due to a nut that would not fit tightly. Lastly, the manual of how to fit it together could have been clearer.
Apart from that it was fine. I had to send it back in the end due to the faulty nut. I was afraid it would blow up while I was on it. If not for that I would still be using it. If anybody says that you can't work up a sweat on it, they are wrong. Just ten minutes on that and I was perspiring and I am quite a fit and healthy person.

Galveston: Between Wind And Water
Galveston: Between Wind And Water

2.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't like it, 29 May 2013
Story started well then I lost interest. The main male character just put me off.
I did not finish it. Sorry.

Fallen Angel: A Western Historical Romance Novel (The Fallen Series)
Fallen Angel: A Western Historical Romance Novel (The Fallen Series)
Price: 2.02

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Story, 29 May 2013
Very nice story. I read this a while back so I am sketchy on the details.
What I remember of it,it was alright.

Struck by Thunder: HOT Historical Romantic Suspense (The Grandmaster's Legacy Series Book 1)
Price: 0.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Struck by Thunder not quite, 9 April 2013
I have reviewed two books by Taylor Lee and this one comes second to Aces Wild.
The plot was good but the sex scenes was just a tad too much.
That is why I am giving it four stars instead of five.

Denise