Profile for Will Britton > Reviews

Content by Will Britton

Will Britton

WACOM ACK-404021 Small Carrying Case for Bamboo Connect CTL470 or Bamboo Capture CTH470

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 25 April 2013
Perfect size for the tablet; looks funky; material feels cool; packaging thoughtful, stylish and recyclable.
Loop to store the USB cable is an especially nice touch.

Example of a great product.

SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Black/Red
SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Black/Red

4.0 out of 5 stars Look great, sound good enough, 25 April 2013
I bought these to replace a pair of Sennheiser CX300's which finally gave up the ghost in the left ear after probably a good three years of fairly rough treatment - not a bad result considering other reviews of those.

I think the E10's look stunning in red and the vinyl-effect cord gives the appearance of robustness, which is definitely an improvement on the Sennheiser's flimsy rubberised finish (which also rubbed loudly causing noise).
The left and right sections of the cord are of equal length, which I personally prefer.
The connector is straight rather than elbow. Shame as my current device has the jack socket on the side.
Come with a basic clip which is a really nice touch and makes them great for running as less cable flapping around.

They're not as comfortable as the Sennheisers and I spent a while trying the insert sizes out, of which there are certainly a good selection (~7 pairs). I might try and retrofit my old inserts if I can find them.

The sound is probably the weakest point. They're clear but the high end response is noticeably flat. Bass is pretty sweet though.
Will see how they bed in though - I've only had them a day.

The unboxing could have been better. I had to pull the buds by the cord to slide the inside section out, and then had to use a small knife to cut them clear of the packaging.

The Ten Principles Behind Great Customer Experiences (Financial Times Series)
The Ten Principles Behind Great Customer Experiences (Financial Times Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Reading Experience, 19 Mar. 2013
I bought this book on the back of a workshop session in which it was described by "if you only read one book about User Experience..." etc.

Considering there are only ten principles, the book goes into considerable depth, including numerous illuminating real-life examples.

Initially, I felt slightly underwhelmed with the content since much of it seems "obvious" to the casual reader, but some time after having put it down I realised that I was thinking about my own customer / user experiences in a fundamentally different and markedly objective way. I attribute this to the fact that the principles are so well documented in a single volume and presented in such a coherent way.

In general this book is very accessible and was easy to pick up and dive into. My only slight criticism is that the structure seems a little muddled at times - I think due to the abstract nature of some principles and the tendency for multiple principles to overlap. That said, I believe that the intentionally concise style helps to mitigate this as much as possible.

All in all, I would definitely recommend this book to anyone looking for a really great primer to the subject of customer experience. I think it is most certainly that, and probably more.