Profile for Barbara J > Reviews

Barbara J

Silence
Silence

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 20 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Silence (Kindle Edition)
Sorry but this was awful - so badly written. Even though it's free don't bother.

Getting the Girl (Underdogs Book 3)
Getting the Girl (Underdogs Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written book, 7 Mar. 2014
I loved The Book Thief so downloaded this author's other books. I liked them all but thought this one was particularly well written.

Snatched: A gripping and heart-breaking thriller
Snatched: A gripping and heart-breaking thriller

1.0 out of 5 stars Three cheers for Sholing!, 7 Mar. 2014
I agree with the one star reviewers, badly written book and I won't be reading any more of this author's books. Thank goodness I didn't have to pay for it. I also take objection to the description of Sholing. I live there and my children went to St Monica School. You wouldn't be able to just walk into the school as one character did. Sholing is not the place described on page 38 of this book, it is a pleasant, quiet suburb of Southampton with a fair amount of open green space and is a nice place to live and are obviously lucky that Stephen Edger doesn't live here.

Free Country: A Penniless Adventure the Length of Britain
Free Country: A Penniless Adventure the Length of Britain

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good read, 18 May 2013
A very good read. I thought the story would "tail off" after the start and might get repetitive but it was a pleasure to read and made me laugh.

The Illegal Gardener (The Greek Village Collection Book 1)
The Illegal Gardener (The Greek Village Collection Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars What a lovely book, 18 May 2013
What a delightful book, I loved it. I enjoyed the development of the relationship between Juliet and Aaman and look forward to reading the next book in the series.