Profile for Mathias Creemers > Reviews

Content by Mathias Creemers

Mathias Creemers

Moto G Case - Ringke SLIM Case [Free HD Film/Better Grip][SF BLACK] Premium Dual Coated Hard Case Cover for Motorola Moto G 1st Gen. 2013 - ECO Package
Offered by Ringke Official UK Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Good case bad screen protector, 31 Mar. 2014
The title says it all:
- The case is good, not too bulky but still big enough to give you that feeling that your phone is solid. Don't count too much on protecting it against a fall, but good to put in your pocket and protect it against scratches or bumps on a table.

- The screen protector is bad as it is very prone to fingerprints and easily cut. Was worth a try though, but I'm going to buy some more.

SAMSUNG GOOGLE NEXUS S SCREEN PROTECTOR / GUARD / FILM / COVER 6-IN-1 PACK
SAMSUNG GOOGLE NEXUS S SCREEN PROTECTOR / GUARD / FILM / COVER 6-IN-1 PACK

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, but not highest quality, 2 Nov. 2012
The first cover I brought for my Nexus S I9023 came directly with my Momax cover and I have used it for over a year. But as scratches began to appear I started looking for an alternative, but budget friendly as I am not very rich as a student. I decided to buy this pack of six despite the moderate reviews. So let's start and look at the details.

The first element you will see when you open the package is that for this very very low price you get 6 different covers and very decent once for the price you pay (more on that later). Also included is a dust cloth (quite small, but ok) but no applicator even if it is hinted at in the description on the package. No worries for that as any bank card will do the trick. Every single protector comes with 2 additional plastic protectors guaranteeing that it has not been damaged. Just watch out : you can lose them pretty easily as they are nearly transparent.

APPLICATION

For the application, I have to admit it was fairly easy. The dust cloth was effective at removing all the durt left by my previous cover and nearly all the spots on my screen. I managed to nearly apply it perfectly from the first time on, only one little air bubble remains due to a dust particle. The application was pretty easy and the explanations on the cover are very decent to help you with it.
A normal air bubble can be pushed out very easily with your card, just watch out for dust as it ruines the cover (or be happy with it because you don't see it when you do something on the phone).

FIT

The fit is actually not that bad compared to what they other reviews say. My Momax cover (which is quite a big brand) wasn't actually worse as it left a full mm on all sides, maybe the difference is explained by the difference of screen size between i9020 and i9023 (for a 9023 it is perfect !). The gaps for the microphone and front camera are slightly larger than needed, but not a problem in my opinion.

As already hinted at the top and bottom of the protector will not fit properly your phone and will collect dust. No worries, this doesn't damage your phone (time that it is only dust and no sand). I had 1 year of dust underneath my previous cover and it was gone within seconds. Still, push as much as you can away as it will only enhance the experience.

QUALITY

Here is where this product lost a start for me :
++ It is not scratch prone, so you can drop your key's next to your phone and the cover seems to withstand pretty well.
-- Though it seems very heat sensitive causing slight de-colorations (yeah strange on something transparant but let me explain). After a couple of days of use where my phone is simply in my pocket next to my leg I started noticing something like fingerprints on the cover, the only problem was that it wasn't fingerprints but the plastic itself that slightly changed in the way it reflects the light. Not a big deal as you don't notice anything while using the product, but this could mean trouble in a couple of weeks or during the summer. I'll update the review if anything changes.

SUMMARY

So basically a very good price/quality. No need to spend 20 bucks on something only slightly better : the fit is very good, only watch for the heat as it can damage the product.

1art1 - 43697 - Poster - Paris - Romance Under the Eiffel Tower - 91 X 61 cm
1art1 - 43697 - Poster - Paris - Romance Under the Eiffel Tower - 91 X 61 cm

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 1 Oct. 2012
When I was picking out posters to hang in my dorm room, I thought this was one of the best looking on Amazon. As someone who used to live in Paris, this pictures a lot of the emotions and feelings Paris represents for me, but when I actually hung it up the wall I was very disappointed.

The reason why I was disappointed is that it acutally doesn't look that good in my opinion. I have no clue what the effect is the photographer used, but the picture looks like it is filled with noise (like when you take a picture in a bad lightning with your camera and that it puts the ISO very high). Basically, it looks bad on this size of print.

Shame, still like the setting the picture was taken in and the print quality, shame that the picture doesn't live up.

Aaiesh Wahed
Aaiesh Wahed

5.0 out of 5 stars Not as big as expected, 1 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Aaiesh Wahed (Audio CD)
I have to admit when I first red the size of the product I thought it would be way bigger than it actually looks like on my wall. I am not disappointed though as it does look amazing and the printing quality is really good.

This is a poster that will definitely brighten your room.

Maxi Poster featuring the Iconic Borough of Manhattan in New York City, Birds Eye Photography 61x91.5cm
Offered by Poster Revolution UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing poster, 1 Oct. 2012
The poster is simply amazing with it's combination of black and white areas with the color. I really love it and not simply because I am a fan of New York. I really hope I can find more posters alike !

Dock Bluetooth Music Receiver For Ipod Base Station And Sound Dock. Play Wireless Music From Any Mobile Through Your Speakers. Cordless Stereo Audio Adapter In Black (also available in White)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product - Saved my old dock from the trash, 26 Sept. 2012
Back when I still used my iPod touch as main MP3 player (smartphones where nearly non-existant), I was given an iPod dock by my parents as a gift. It was a Logitech but as I had to dock my ipod every single time I wanted to play music on it, I never did. The dock ended up staying during 2 years on one of my shelves without me using it.

When recently I started looking for bluetooth speakers for my Mac, I found that there are currently adaptors that would make my old docking station usable again for a far lower price. I started looking into different options and finally set my mind on this product. I have to admit I was very anxious at first as I usually never trust white label products due to low quality. What convinced me here is the low price compared to the alternatives and the first couple of very good reviews. So I decided to order it and a couple of days later the product arrived.

Packaging - The packaging was very limited, only a simply plastic package with the adaptor. No instruction manual or other elements that could provide more in depth information. But it wasn't more disturbing than that as I like to figure out myself how it works and thanks to the information on the amazon page I could use it out of the box.

Build Quality - As it is a white product don't expect to much out of it. It is cheap plastic and it feels like it could break down in seconds if you push a little to hard on it. So I pushed it gently in the dock where it fitted perfectly and now I don't need to touch it again. If you removed it often I can not guarantee that it will survive long, but the bluetooth connection is good so I don't see the need to remove it anyway.

Connection quality - Nothing to say about that, I could connect my MacBook and Android phone within seconds of turning the bluetooth on and I didn't have any connection drop. Now that Apple updated the Mac software to Mountain Lion, the mac connection doesn't work anymore but it is not the fault of the product. To still give some negative points, sometimes it seems like the product isn't working properly. No lights on it and it is impossible to connect, but simply tacking it out and putting it back in solves the problem (easy to spot : no lights means a problem). For the price it is nothing to complain about.

So, I would advice you to try it if you want to save your old dock as I am very happy about it.