Profile for ayjayh > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Russell Hobbs 15081 Steamglide Iron in White and Blue - 2400 W
Russell Hobbs 15081 Steamglide Iron in White and Blue - 2400 W

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this, 24 Nov 2013
We bought this iron in May of this year (2013) and were amazed at how well it performs for the price (we paid £13.00)
It is light weight and is easy to handle.
Well worth the 5 stars we gave it after our purchase except that now, 6 months later it is chucking out little bits of black stuff from the steam vents.
The particles attach themselves to a magnet, i.e they are oxides of iron and they make a nasty mess of your nicely laundered items.
The conclusion is that the water tank is going rusty and we will now have to replace the iron.

Shame, but it just goes to show you get what you pay for.

Breville Easy Glide VIN207 Steam Iron - 2,200 Watts
Breville Easy Glide VIN207 Steam Iron - 2,200 Watts

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't belive it is so cheap., 4 July 2013
It works just how a steam iron should work. Light weight fo handle but irons very well.
Can't fault it at the price.

JUSTOP BTT005 Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Audio Transmitter With 3.5MM Jack, Universal Adapter For Mobiles/Computers/MP3,MP4 Players, New Module with Bluetooth V2.1 A2DP profile
Offered by DigiDirect

4.0 out of 5 stars OK with Hearing Aid gadget, 4 July 2013
I bought a CM-BT2 which is a Bluetooth device for use with my hearing aid loop facility.
The BTT005 plugs into the TV headphone socket and pairs with the CM-BT2. I can now hear the TV speech properly.
It is also good for watching videos on the laptop.

A bit of a learning curve to get the Bluetooth things to recognise each other but ok once you get the hang of it.
Only 4 stars because of the pairing fiddle.

XCSOURCE® 2.8X 3" 3:2 LCD viewfinder Magnifer for Canon EOS 600D 60D rebel T3i V3 LF89
Offered by XCSOURCE

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money - Fits D3100 with a bit of modding., 4 July 2013
I have a Nikon D3100 and didn't know if this item would fit. However I took a chance since it was not expensive.
The metal mounting bracket fixes to the tripod mounting screw. On my D3100 this did not line up properly with the screen.
However temporarily removing the screw a few minutes work with a small round file allowed me to enlarge the screwhole to get the screen aligned.
It is not exactly centred and partially obscures the menu buttons on the left hand side but with careful adjustment of the filing process they are all accessible.
I leave the mounting bracket permanently attached to the camera.
The hood itself snap magnetically onto the mounting frame and aligns itself perfectly. The rubber eyepatch is very flexible and allows me to view the screen properly even though I wear spectacles. No light enters around the frame.
The magnet attachment is frim enough to hold the hood to the frame though it can detach itself if knocked..
I rate this gadget highly and it has transformed my ability to take movies in bright sunlight. Not only can I see what I am filming but it also helps achieve a steadier picture.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, 13 Nov 2012
Not sure how sturdy this will be in the long run since I haven't used it very much yet.
However I find it very easy to use with my iPhone 3gs in my VW Touran.
I stick it to the dashboard over the rev counter (which I never look at anyway) so it is easy to see the Satnav map when driving.
Buy it!

In Car charger for Apple iPhone 4 4S, 3G 3GS(Black) iPod Touch, Nano, Classic, CE Approved
Offered by Goldcables

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 13 Nov 2012
I use this to power my iPhone 3GS when using the satnav program in my Volkswagen Touran
Looks to made well enough to survive rough handling.

Hoya 62mm UV Filter
Hoya 62mm UV Filter
Offered by CameraKing

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 13 Nov 2012
This review is from: Hoya 62mm UV Filter (Accessory)
Bought this filter to protect the Tamron 18-270 zoom I use on my Nikon D3100.

What's to say? I have taken hundreds of photos using this and will continue to use it.

Kaavie CR-12A/DC2 Shutter Release Cable for Nikon MC-DC2
Kaavie CR-12A/DC2 Shutter Release Cable for Nikon MC-DC2
Offered by UK Highland Photography

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice bit of kit, 13 Nov 2012
Not much to say really. I plugged it into my Nikon D3100, pressed the button halfway and the camera focused. Pressed the button all the way and the took the photo.

The unit arrived in an attractive box with instructions, though they are not really needed.The lead is 48" long.The item is solid and well made.

At first I thought it wasn't working but then I pushed the plug a bit harder so it went fully in and it worked.

I haven't used it very much yet, but I am sure it will be a very useful bit of kit, and very reasonably priced at that.

Nikon D3100: From Snapshots to Great Shots
Nikon D3100: From Snapshots to Great Shots

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 10 Jun 2012
I bought this book to learn how to use my new D3100 camera, not having used a SLR since the digital Poiint and Shoot camera became affordable about 20 years ago.
I have found this book to be very informative, covering the basics to advanced techniques, everything it claims to be in fact.

My reason for giving it only 4 stars is that I bought the Kindle version to read on my iPad. I am a fan of ebooks where you start at the beginning and read to the end but with a reference book such as this the ebook format is not so useful.

I wish now I had bought the paper version, just as I still buy paper magazines in preference to the online versions.

Either version, it is well worth the price.

Tuff-Luv 'ZipNGo' holster / telescopic style / Top-loader case for digital SLR cameraL colour: Grey / compatible with (Nikon Coolpix Nikon 1, V3, J4, AW1, J3, S1, V2, J2, J1, V1 / D4s, D3, D3300, D610, Df, D5300, D7100, D520, D600, D3200, D820, D5100, D4, D7000, D300, Dx3, D90 / Coolpix S810, S32, S9600, S9700, S6700, S6800, S2800, S3600, S5300, S6600, S9400, S3400, S3500, S5200, S2700, S6500 / Coolpix AW120, AW100, L830, L29, L30, L330, L620, L27, L28, L320)
Offered by Tuff-Luv

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 9 May 2012
I recently bought a Nikon D3100 with the standard 18-55 lens and needed a holster for use when out walking.
The camera is a snug fit yet is easy to remove and the padding is good though not bulky.
What I like best is that I only use the zip fastening when the camera is not in use but when using it frequently I can secure it using the quick release fastener.
At the front of the holster is an open pocket into which I can pop the lens cover and at the back is a zip compartment for spare memory or maybe a small money wallet.
The strap looks wel constructed and has a good range of adjustment.
I am very pleased with this holster and more than pleased with the price.
I recommend this for anyone with the Nikon D3100 or similar