Profile for missie44 > Reviews

Modern Pincushions: Quick New Designs to Make You Smile
Modern Pincushions: Quick New Designs to Make You Smile
Edition: CD-ROM

5.0 out of 5 stars OUTSTANDING!!!, 25 Mar. 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this e-book. The concept of an e-book is very new to me as I am not particularly technically minded but this book was very easy to navigate around and the interactive videos are a dream. It's like having a Masterclass with Debbie herself.

Although I thought these gorgeous looking pin cushions would be very difficult to make.... I was shocked to see how easy they were..... thank goodness for glue guns!

I want to make every single pin cushion in the book..... my favourite one has to be the gothic one.

I would not hesitate to recommend this book to anyone. There are pprojects for total beginners as well as those more confident. Go for it... I promise you will love it!!

Thanks Our Deb for yet another awesome book. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!

Bear Necessities (Craftworld series)
Bear Necessities (Craftworld series)
by Mandy Shaw

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY IT, 12 Feb. 2014
Brilliant book. Full instructions are given on each bear with cutting layouts to make the most of your fabric. Full instructions are given on the assembly of the bears. Many different bears with full sized patterns, clothes patterns and instructions for each bear, Instructions for doing the bear faces with different ideas on stitching the nose and mouth to give different character faces.

If you are new to bear making then this book is for you. Also the more experienced sewists will also love this book.

Don't think about it... You will love this book so buy it.

Half Yard Heaven: Easy Sewing Projects Using Left-Over Pieces of Fabric
Half Yard Heaven: Easy Sewing Projects Using Left-Over Pieces of Fabric

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY THIS BOOK!, 24 Sept. 2013
Another wonderful book by Debbie Shore.
This book contains so many different and simple projects which look so effective.
Debbie has included a tips section before you start, with beautiful coloured photographs, showing different stitches, how to stitch bias binding to a circular item and then follows many different projects from homewares to gifts.
Inspiring to both the beginner and experienced sewists and all projects look professional.

Don't even think about it... buy this book. Trust me you will be impressed.

Modern Smocking: Part 1: Canadian Smocking Techniques and Patterns
Modern Smocking: Part 1: Canadian Smocking Techniques and Patterns
Edition: CD-ROM

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 13 Sept. 2013
I have Debbie's previous books and DVDs and this latest one does not disappoint in any way.
I have looked at the smocked and pleated cushions in the shops, wishing I could replicate them but having no idea how. They looked so complicated.
Not any longer...... Debbie takes you into this mysterious and fascinating world and shows you how easy these designs are to create... and I do mean EASY.

If you can draw a simple grid and sew two stitches together.... you can smock!
When I saw how easy it was I felt like a great secret had been imparted to me, like the secret of eternal youth.. hehe.
With grid and pattern Debbie gives you the tools to create some beautiful... and very expensive looking cushions.

Rag Dolls (Art of Crafts)
Rag Dolls (Art of Crafts)
by Averina Hontoir
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Book, 9 Sept. 2013
I bought this book a couple of years ago and it was well worth the money. The patterns for all the sizes of dolls, their clothing and hair designs are all at the correct size. You just have to trace them off and get sewing. The instructions for each doll and the assembling of the clothing is extremely clear and step by step. There are a good range of dolls to make, both boys and girls.
I have made 2 of the dolls and they both turned out looking exactly like the pictures in the book. I am a total novice and found the instructions very easy to follow. I will be making more.

I highly recommend this book

Simplicity Felting Craft Projects & Tips Book
Simplicity Felting Craft Projects & Tips Book
Offered by Minerva Crafts and Fabrics

3.0 out of 5 stars My Review, 7 Nov. 2012
To be honest This book is more like a pamphlet and vastly overpriced for what it is.

The projects were ok but not particularly inspiring. You can do much more with the Simplicity Felting machine than the ideas shown in the book.

To get the most out of your machine, think outside of the box.
I have felted strips of fabrics woven together and made background fabrics for cushion covers, on top of which i have added applique shapes.

To enable anything you felt, to stay permenant, one needs to felt the item from the front, then the back and then back on the front again. The book does not make this clear.

Making Cushion Covers
Making Cushion Covers

5.0 out of 5 stars Making cushion covers, 18 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Making Cushion Covers (Paperback)
Wow what a fab book. So full of fresh modern ideas to brighten your home using easy techniques with beautiful effects.

You can use any fabrics to make these projects even old duvet covers etc. In todays society designer style cushions are so expensive to buy and i for one, will not spend money on something like that.. but this book has made it possible to make my own individual and unique cushoins and people who see them love them.

I would encourage a complete novice sewer to purchase this book... it has easy to follow instrutions and no technical gargon.. just plain english.... and step by step colour photographs too.

I can promise you will be delighted with this book.

Now i can't stop to write anymore... i'm off to make a couple of cushions for the bedroom :)

The Quilter's Bible: The Indispensable Guide to Patchwork, Quilting and Applique
by Linda Clements

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely book, 16 Oct. 2011
I bought this book as a complete novice to patchwork and quilting. I have to say i am very pleased with the book. It shows you so many things from very beginners projects to the more advanced. It is packed full of pictures and step by step instructions that are easy to follow and understand as well as hints and tips.
I recommend this book.